WE AKS-74UN First Impressions (Pic heavy)

IIRC the LCT front sight inner diameter is slightly wider than the outer diameter of WE's barrel

So you might have to make some steel epoxy magic there.

yeah buddy, the diameter of LCT hole is 15mm, the diameter of Well outer barrel is 14mm.

We will see when the WE outer barrel will arrive, I will start the mod, will surely post here how I fixed it :) 

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one was a WELL G74A. This project was crazy flustrating but finally finished - and fully working.  

Here is my 74UN. Had to mod the little metal piece that came with the Zenit stock, as it doesnt align with the hole on the WE receiver and also it was a little long.     Internals Orga Magnus 6.32mm

#grabpopcorn #lovethisfight #stubbornvsstubborn #clashofthetitans   Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Can anybody confirm that there is any size difference between AK74UN and AK PMC gaspiston size? We found few fitting issues with the newest version of WE AK74UN and the WELL G74As havent this size issues - the gaspiston is to long to our conversion kit. I started to be affraid about WE changed the original design somewhere because we don't need to cut down/shorter the gas piston on G74As to let the bolt close properly. I have WE and WELL gas-piston in my hand, they are totally same size so I'm a bit confused...

I will be happy if I got any confirmation from you, with a picture with the two parts, I will be more happier. Thanks guys!

Having had my WE steel barrel out of my rifle I can tell you it is hefty. No idea how it compares to the WELL alu one though :)

Lookie what I just got in my mailbox

fD0g8Wp.png

MAGPUL AK74 MOE PMAGs now shipping! Two years after announcement (or more) and I have an order for 2 of these with Brownells from April 2016! :o 

Hounded MAGPUL 3 times this year on release date because they kept pushing it. :)

https://www.magpul.com/products/pmag-30-ak74-moe

These mofos better fit the WE AK74UN internals and work in my MAGPUL build :D

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

If you're hoping to use WE magazine internals on real magazine shells, you'll be disappointed...

I will use WELL CO2 magazines, they are a bit different (and cheaper only 20 EURO / pcs)

I know that it will require a lof of modifying, I am ready to that.

Did mine Tula mags back for AEG.

34778574163_9723b02b02_b.jpg

35457461581_d11447abb2_b.jpg

It will not be easy, but will try one :)

Did somebody here tried already ?

I tried fitting a WE Ak47 magazine in a MAGPUL MOE AK47 PMAG and it kinda worked but I messed up the install and had to file down a lot of the upper inside walls of the mag to fit but hoping the 74 mags are better because they have a more smooth outside surface. :o

Should have kept the locking tab on the PMAG and not the magazine body.

Was just a proof of concept test installation anyways and I really want the 74 mags instead. Hope I can make it work.

6cH1NxP.jpg

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

WE's AK-74 magazines are longer than the real deal. I know many that have tried and failed. Don't really see Well's being all that different.

Yeah it is hit or miss for the first run, it is easier for WELL as they are cheaper, so it does not hurt that much :D

It's not the costs of the airsoft magazines that I'm worried about, but the cost of the real mags.

WE's AK-74 magazines are longer than the real deal. I know many that have tried and failed. Don't really see Well's being all that different.

It's not the costs of the airsoft magazines that I'm worried about, but the cost of the real mags.

in the WELL is too much space not needed and that is why I don't like the gas magazines looks to long and weird.,

so the WELL should fit, atleast the CO2

regarding the costs, I bought the TULA mags last year for 12 Euro each :) and now the Izhmash 20 Euro each.

all in zib-militaria.de

Should have kept the locking tab on the PMAG and not the magazine body.

Haha. Good effort though, mate.

Yeah you could have kept the Magpul locking tab, lol. Taken a shallower cut. I didn't really have a choice with my GHK magazine.

Hey ho. It's all part of the fun, right?

My WE AK47 mag sits pretty much flush with the bottom of the PMAG on that install I posted pics of above so I can't use the OEM locking plate and spring but should be able to make it work somehow.

We shall see soon enough. I emailed Brownells Sweden and asked them to put my order as top priority :P

Ah wait you said 74 mags are longer than real ones. Hrmmm. oh wells.

Edited by NonEx

My WE AK47 mag sits pretty much flush with the bottom of the PMAG on that install I posted pics of above so I can't use the OEM locking plate and spring but should be able to make it work somehow.

We shall see soon enough. I emailed Brownells Sweden and asked them to put my order as top priority :P

Ah wait you said 74 mags are longer than real ones. Hrmmm. oh wells.

Longer are only the shells, they have some kind of strange bottom , copied from GHK.

Or simply the strange bottom makes it look strange.

Please, if you have option to weight, How much is the WE steel outer barrel heavier compared to the WELL aluminium ? :)

Extremely light, between 40-80g. I will take appart mine and I can measure the weight if you want - I can accept some good choclate for this. ;):D

• Like 1