WE AKS-74UN First Impressions (Pic heavy)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one was a WELL G74A. This project was crazy flustrating but finally finished - and fully working.  

Here is my 74UN. Had to mod the little metal piece that came with the Zenit stock, as it doesnt align with the hole on the WE receiver and also it was a little long.     Internals Orga Magnus 6.32mm

#grabpopcorn #lovethisfight #stubbornvsstubborn #clashofthetitans   Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Unfortunatelly we have issues with WELL mags, I more recommend WE if you want to use GG. I know, WELL is cheaper but the weight difference and the reability is much different as the WE.

The CO2 version is better, propably the WE CO2 mags are rare and the valve design is a scrap - but the WELL also not the best. If I have some budget and time than I do my own valve design to make them working...

Edited by Batmause
  • Like 1

The CO2 version is better, propably the WE CO2 mags are rare and the valve design is a scrap

WE CO2 magazine is not rare, it simply doesn't exist at all. 

Does the WE gas mags work well in the Well guns, despite the different height inside the receiver? looks like it would leak between the gas route and the nozzle

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a problem with the O-rings in my WELL CO2 AK magazine.

The original is semi-transparent milky color (probably some kind of silicone) that is not so good at sealing.

I bought and ordered some SKF black and some other silicone dark red color ones. Both are cr@p as they size is became bigger when the CO2 is probably diffuse into them.

After I take out from the mag it is clearly bigger that is should. A few hours later they go back to the normal size....

I really want to solve my mag problem, as they have really bad output valve's.

Sadly neither WE or other brands is compatible to it.

p.s.: I posted in the wrong topic, thought it say WELL .... sorry

8cDJMQG.jpg

Edited by Gegsite
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are the changes guys. Sorry guys, I haven't time to write down the changes in the last few days.

• The spring guide got a latch which hold the plastic buffer in position.
  • The plastic buffer also changed to fit better.
  • The rear trunnion is reinforced but made from potmetal this time too. Where it often break, there it is twice solid.
  • At this moment we didn't realized any more changes
  • Like 1

Great. Can you check the if the nozzle return spring issue is fixed as well?

BTW, we are talking about a new gen of Well AKs, or are those parts just redesigned spares?

Yes, the nozzle and the nozzle-spring also upgraded. More smooth, better as before.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

O-rings are rather easy to find as replacements, do you have the approx. measurements?

4x2mm (innner diameter x thickness)

But as I tried a few (black silicone, red special from SKF) all will inflated by CO2. (and no, there were no oil at all)

So the one, what you get for it, is something special, milky-semi transparent kind o-ring.

p.s.: I did ordered spare valves from tiger111hk and will test tomorrow

• 3 weeks later...