WE AKS-74UN First Impressions (Pic heavy)

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one was a WELL G74A. This project was crazy flustrating but finally finished - and fully working.  

Here is my 74UN. Had to mod the little metal piece that came with the Zenit stock, as it doesnt align with the hole on the WE receiver and also it was a little long.     Internals Orga Magnus 6.32mm

#grabpopcorn #lovethisfight #stubbornvsstubborn #clashofthetitans   Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Damn, gamed it yesterday with the RA internals. Sometimes when I press the trigger down, the firing is delayed a wee bit, and sometimes as the bolt returns the trigger stops working and I gotta rack the bolt again :( Halp lol

rip

You're making me a very jealous man NonEx, your Ak74U looks really sweet... I would personally go for a little bigger style muzzle brake for that 7.62 cal weapon, like a krinkov style muzzle balance brake (but hey, its airsoft). http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_4_82/121077_.html

I own exactly the same muzzle brake for my a&k ptw and I chose it mainly because of the Griffon M4SDII suppressor that looks pretty awesome.

Magpul ak grip, I'm thinking of getting one for mine, it's still in new condition still in the box, had it for ages, it just never got any love, but it's a lovely little gun, like the pdw of the ak world, it's just the grip that looks weird to me it's so skinny. I will get a new flash hider and magpul grip and I'm thinking it would look sweet.

Edited by icolater

OKi, I #YOLO:ed it.

nx_we_ak_74_un_stippling.JPG

First thing's first.

I put a lot of time into melting the ribs down and shaping them like a scalloped shaped serrations on the handguard. Mainly because I wanted to keep the bulk of the ribs. I was worried the handguard would be to slim otherwise. However, this didn't work out as there was too much molten polymer when stippling that it just turned to gooh when it melted. So that was a bad idea. And so that's why it looks kinda wonky.

I also kinda rushed it because I knew it wasn't going to be great. And, turns out that the ribs were actually a structural integrity thing for the handguard, as they now creak and flex when I grip it. Not so much as it is a problem, but noticable.

Can possibly fix that by adding some metal strips epoxied to the inside of the handguard. Will try to look into that.

So yeah. I think I am going to order a new furniture from KIC and do it again properly, by removing the ribs first and making sure I got a smooth surface to start with.

BTW I used one of my custom made bits, the only one that was passable. Didn't use the UAC bit because that kind of fine "SAI" style stippling wouldn't feel right on an AK.

Learned the technique like 2/3rds way in. And the timing of the bit, so to speak. I.e. how long to hold it to get it just right.

All in all, for a spurr of the moment effort, it doesn't look half bad IMO :P

Also took the AK appart completely and cleaned it and lubed it up. Damn it feels a lot smoother now! :D

*fruitcage* trigger mech has like a gazillion parts though haha.

Edited by NonEx

Yeah they did provide friction but I didn't like the way it felt. Almost hurting my girly hands with so much air in between the ribbed tops :P

But yeah, maybe just the bottom since that's where the bulk of the grip is for the AK.

BTW my buddy was here today and said the stippling looked a lot better in person then on the photos, if that counts for anything :D

Hi there,

Did you guy's see this Facebook entry? It looks like WE made serious work of the triggerbox internals. And they have someone repleying all the FB Posts!

https://www.facebook.com/weairsoft/timeline/story?ut=43&wstart=0&wend=1435733999&hash=-4358093724439116701&pagefilter=3

And some picture's of my 74!post-98782-14354132071661_thumb.jpgpost-98782-14354132418912_thumb.jpgpost-98782-14354132848049_thumb.jpg

Cheers Ro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the muzzle brake detent. Part #22 : http://manual.weairsoft.com/GBB-Rifle/AK74-UN.pdf

Sits on top of the spring in the front sight trunion (?) and before the muzzle break is screwed on.

Only thing it could be without something else not working or falling off of the gun.

Not sure why it came out of the magwell though but whatever.

• 2 weeks later...