new site in tunbridge wells

TWCE

I think I paintballed there once. Not very impressive as far as I remember.

So you haven't actually been there recently as an airsoft site.........? At the moment it has a large mudfree carpark, quality buildings, covered safezone, a static 432 personel carrier, a Landrover, foxholes and bunkers plus Aaron who runs the site is negotiating to purchase a Wessex helicopter.

If thats not fairly impressive I don't know what is.

So you haven't actually been there recently as an airsoft site.........? At the moment it has a large mudfree carpark, quality buildings, covered safezone, a static 432 personel carrier, a Landrover, foxholes and bunkers plus Aaron who runs the site is negotiating to purchase a Wessex helicopter.

If thats not fairly impressive I don't know what is.

No, I haven't played there as an airsoft site but from the images on the website, and my recollection of paintballing there, it is very much a paintball site.

Best of luck all the same.

I've been so will give my honest opinion (although this should probably be shifted to the site section... anyway...)

Absolutely correct in that the site is absolutely still shared with the paintballers (Action I think?)

I'm an EAG dorking regular and this site is a good second option for me as I'm in south London.

I'm pretty fussy with my sites and if I don't like a site, or the marshals suck, players don't take their hits, prices too high blah blah then they don't get a return visit from me. I can safely say that EAG Tunbridge can expect many more visits from me!

Firstly the site itself. It's a large woodland based site with a huge number of existing structures, forts, barricades and a really excellent "street" - which surprised me as fighting through it gives a pretty good FIBUA feel to it. As mentioned I know there are lots of plans to add to this, if you've been to an EAG site before then you'll know they take their buildings very seriously!

Woodland is nice and varied, lots of good ground cover and a swamp! Bonus for me is the number of vehicles on site, lots of LRs and a rather awesome APC. Safe Zone is just offset from the paintball side of things and was just a collection of benches, however this was the second week so I know Aaron will soon have it covered and sorted out.

Bonus from being an existing paintball site is there are proper loos etc and food was standard but better than most dog meat burgers served up.

Aaron and the other guys running the day were helpful in the extreme, sorting out any issues promptly, getting some batteries charged etc, again as it was early days there wasn't a massive selection of stuff to buy but there was ammo and gas, what more do you need? Minor gripe would be due to limitations with the neighbours you cant use explosive pyros, no prob with smoke etc but no loud bangs.

The day I was there the site had about 10-15 players, of which a few packed up around lunchtime, I think we struggled first off as were playing game scenarios that just didnt work with the limited numbers per side. We all had a chat (hey other site owners take note - you can talk to your paying customers and ask their advice!) and changed things round after lunch and things ran much better, in fact I had a better time with 5 or so a side than I have done for ages, made me think about gameplay for once.

The other players on the day were a sound bunch and I had no problems loaning a few bits of kit out to those who were short. Absolutely no issues at all with hit taking which is always a bonus.

No rentals currently but I believe that will be coming very soon, as mentioned above walk on was the standard EAG £25

I'd say given time and regular larger numbers this will be a great site, there was paintballing on at the same time, 20-30 people - just need to convert them over! I'll be back there in a few weeks to see what changes have been made.

I went last week and have to agree with Mike. Its a good site, but limited by small numbers, but the regen rules kept the game flowing despite the small numbers and there were no problems with the players ( 'cept for one incident which was entirely my fault for misinterpreting a marshalls instructions). Its pretty hilly, which can be a bit of a bugger, but that's just my lack of fitness.

Archived