Review - Gear - Bitter End goggles

Well that is a lot of shots in a small area. The test they have at the site is pretty much in the line of both tests here, few more shots and it will penetrate. But seriously, 10+ shots point blank in someone face? Or the 50 rounds from a distance? The one in the receiving end wouldn't just sit there and take it immobile. The mesh can take a spray easily but not focused.

After some more concerning hits Iv always replaced my mesh because, as concluded, the bent mesh has lost its strength. That is the price you have to pay from using it. Dent it -> replace it.

Been using Herosharks custom mesh pieces on my ESS advancers since 2008 and got shards through once. No dents yet. Before that twice at least with the good ol Sanseis. Thats in a time-line of give or take 12 years. Rare but it happens. The results minor irritation. Makes you want to wash your eyes, but never heard of anything serious happen around here and mesh is very common to come by, especially in the shape of these Sanseis.

For someone, especially who uses glasses, with mesh I just can't see it possible to have any serious injury unless one stands being shot for half a mag in an area of one square inch from a short distance. CQC though is always a bit different situation. But to have a 50+rps gun and stick it to someones face behind a corner..Most have more sense than that. Accidents do happen though. Would be very concerned about the organizers to allow such guns anyway.

Ot:

It would be interesting to see results from shooting say Oakley M-frames or similar shooting glasses with same test principle.

This is very interesting, as I own two pairs of Bitter End Choppers and have been using them for going on 3 years, and I've taken many shots at point blank (5-15 feet) from field weapons (350-400 FPS) with no damage, and I tested one pair a couple years ago with a couple dozen rounds from a 400 FPS rifle at point blank (within 12 inches) with some denting, but no penetration.

I would really try to get a hold of Bitter End, as a lot of people in my community have been using his stuff for years with no problems, and he doesn't strike me as the type of person to lie about his tests or what material he uses.

Edited by Nasty_TheYankWelshOne
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting results, however with that being said you did shoot it at point blank range even with a 280 fps gun 5 different times. What you failed to show is the result after just one hit with either gun. I mean even though it is steel, it's still mesh and mesh will break after a certain point. Along with that, I don't know that many people who would be willing to take a point blank shot 5 times (either they are a git or a 6's&7's).