Beta Project 75rnd PMAG Magazines

Quick question, I found this on ehobby:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magazines/aeg-std-magazines/magpul/magpul-pts-75rd-green-label-emag-for-m4-m16-aeg-black-10pcs.html

And I want to know whether they are the STAR or BP ones or not since they are just marketed as Magpul branded green label magazines.

I run a Classic Army HK416 and the magwell doesn't fit the PTS pmags so I'm guessing the BP ones don't either, and BP don't make emags....would the emags I've linked have the same quality as the BP ones packaged in 5 per box?

I'm in desperate need of new mags since I had a gunsmith telling me the Lonex Flash mags do not feed over 40 rounds per sec (I can't tell for sure either; my gun was probably misfeeding when I chronoed it at 38rps but it sounded higher). I'm doing a high speed build currently so I might as well get a crapload of midcaps for my gun.

I believe those are still made by STAR.

Note the similarity in the wording with this: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-pts-75rd-green-label-pmag-for-m4-m16-olive-drab.html where Star is still identified as the manufacturer.

Thanks for identifying them! Doh, should've checked the other colours and the details on ehobby... ><;

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, I borrowed a friend's mag this weekend again as I wanted to do one last testing in my gun before purchasing. After the match I was stuck admining (As our team was hosting) So I was stationed on a platform roughly 20 feet in the air watching the action. Pre-game I dropped his mag down so he could catch it but he didn't. The spring is now stuck down in the bottom of the mag, and since there is no visible way to get the spring out it is stuck. We tried banging it against a hard surface to unjam it to no avail.

To answer the question about the caps on the mags. I had to drill very carefully to get the cover to pop off. They are glued to the mag and also locked with little tabs, i noticed that the mags are extremely finicky when it comes to loading, when the say 75 bb's , they mean 75. two of my mags had bb's get caught behind the followers and in turn jammed the mag. This led to me "drilling" the caps off and pulling the spring and followers out. i had to make new ABS caps after the issue was fixed.

• 1 month later...

Just tried that on mine and it worked pretty well. The cap is very loose now but I don't want to glue it in case it binds again.

Also, ranger plates (real steel) fit on them but could use some glue to lock them down. Are there any dedicated ranger plates for these yet?

• 2 weeks later...