Choices: TM L96 Vs CA M24. Both with upgrades

SantaSCSI

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to grab myself a sniper rifle again after tossing my BAR10 out the window a few years ago.

The thing is, I can choose between a Classic Army M24 or a Marui L96. I have always had a soft spot for the Remy style rifles, but I'm shifting stances here.

Both of them have some upgrades installed already:

The Marui:

- PDI VSR spring 140

- Raven (PDI) cylinder set for TM L96 AWS (tube and nozzle)

- Laylax PSSL96 Perfect Spring Guide for Marui L96 Spring Rifle

- Laylax PSSL96 High Pressure Piston for Tokyo Marui L96

The Classic Army:

- m24 advanced cylinder air spring kit

I have been reading the forum for a few days now but I'm torn between the two. When reading the TM topic, it all seems nice but it has its flaws. On the other hand, "traditional talk" goes that the CA M24 needs a LOT of taking care of to get it running (all rifles do, I know). I'm hoping the veterans around here might be able to give me some more details on what I'm looking at?

To make the deal sweet, both rifles are prices exactly the same.

@W1dget: The AWS is not VSR, not even close. Actually they have nothing in common besides the producer.

SantaSCSI, if you are confident enough in your airsmithing skills, the AWS will be over m24 anytime. There is a thread about what we have done to ours and i think you will find good advices there. Good luck.

Archived