As a result of the bill that may be passed later this year, many beginners are

planning to get their first AEG now before its too late. To help the new blood,

i write the review of what i think is a great starter AEG. Sorry i can't get pictures

up as i my camera is spoilt. Also this is my first review so be patient if it isn't up

to par with some of the other reviews :flamed:

I'm not gonna rant on how i got it as i think thats absolutely useless. ;)

Intro: The G3 SAS is a semi fictional gun created by Tokyo Marui. Its is based on

the Heckler and Koch G3 Assault rifle series, it, however does not have a stock

and has a sawn off barrel. The cocking lever does not go far back enough to

chamber the 7.63mm round and this is why it can not exist as a real steel. This

is why most milsimmers hate this gun. That however, does not mean that it sucks.

:P

Physical: Man, is this gun small! It may not be as small as an MP5K, but it is very

compact being only 48cm in length. Body flex, a common trait amongst TM AEGs,

is all most non-existant on this gun. The only part on this gun that creaks is the

pistol grip, it only does this when you force it, so its hardly a problem.

This gun is made mostly of plastic but there are quite a few metal parts. Metal part

s include Front sight, cocing handle, handguard release button, RIS rail, magazine,

magazine release lever, trigger, selector switch, rear sight and butt-cap. Overall

the gun is pretty light, weighing in at about 2kg. This is a very solid gun.

Before we get into performance, lets get a closer look at this gun. Towards the

front of the gun we find the plastic PDW-style flash hider, it is QD so unlatch it and

twist it 60° and it comes right off. Taking of the flashhider, a metal MP5-style

muzzle is found, its front part twists off to reveal a 14mm thread should you wish

to add a silencer. Taking off the foregrip requires you to pull the button on its

front and then pull off the foregrip. With the foregrip off, a shiny brass barrel is

visible, around it is a metal assembly onto which the foregrip hooks, it is probably why the gun is so rigid. In the middle of the assembly is the mini connector for the

battery. On the foregrip there is an RIS rail for accessories. Moving upwards, the

cocking lever is found, pull it back and the bolt follows it, revealing the hop up.

Turning the hopup wheel upwards increases the hopup.

MoVing even further back on the gun the magazine along with its release levers

is found. To release the mag you can either push the button on the right side of the

reciever OR push the mag release lever in between the mag and the trigger guard.

The mag is a 500round hi-cap. Loading it is very easy because its BB hatch is so

large. One smart thing TM did was place the bb-port at the back of the magazine,

which makes more room for a long barrel. The mag-well is quite bendy and seems

to be the weakest part of the gun (this doesn't mean its overly flimsy) be careful

when the mag is ejected. Further still are the trigger and the selector switch.

The selector switch has the three usual positions Safe, Semi and Auto, it gives a

nice click when its in place. When the Selector is in Safe the trigger cannot be

pulled.

Performance: I have never brought this gun to a skirmish but i will in a fortnight.

Updates then. Meanwhile the back yard( or should i say terrace ) plinking has

shown this gun to be very good performance wise. :punk:

Range, Accuracy & Effective range: shooting across my terrace, and out of it, i

estimate its RANGE to be about 55m before the bb starts to drop. This is with

Hop Up just a bit more than the middle.

Accuracy: The barrel on this gun is only 21cm long, however it is very accurate. I won't go as far as to say that it will beat an M16 but it's just fine for woodland as for exact figures, i can say that i can hit the bullseye on the target that comes with it from 10m away, so thats 1'' accuracy at 10m. I could also hit my neighbours satelite dish too and thats about 35m away so i'd say thats 1.5 foot accuracy at 35m.

As for effective range, its pretty easy to hit a 2foot wide object from 40 meters

away, with a 3-4 round burst.

Misc: ROF is about 15-17rps. When the battery runs out, it simply stops shooting.

No slow down in ROF is noticiable, However if you leave it be for a while, it starts

shooting again at a much lower ROF. A 600mAh sanyo cadnica battery lasts this

gun for about 1000 rounds, so i'd say get a spare.

Conclusion: This is a brill beginner's gun because:

-It comes with a hicap so you save money

-Its rigid

-Performs well

-Easy to operate

-It's a TM gun so its vrey reliable.

Pyr()

I love mine.

Af ew more points:

A G3 Stock will fit right on, so get a full stock for bigger batteries or a slither stock for easier aiming with the ability to shorten.

There are two spaces either side of the foregrip to attach RIS rails (the G36C ones fit well).

This gun uses a eg1000 motor, there is a tightbore available somewhere...

I would also get a vert grip to help with aiming.

Apart from that, great first choice, I hope it serves you well.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I refrain from getting this because its plastic body. I wait until the metal one appears but so far, seems like the metal gas version will appear first.

Even tho its fictional gun, I love it! I prefer these CQB AEG more than its full versions.

B