Beta Project Tactical AK AEG

dview

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

receiver looks like a cyma, as i posted before in this thread, from the lack of arsenal marks/serial number (peculiar to cyma, among all the cloner manufacturers). if it is a cyma receiver, and it should be, then the dg system will fit in just fine.

Are you sure this will fit a DG system? My dealer says it is impossible and to fit one it needs to be a LCT receiver much like how a RS AK receiver would be

Ditto on review perhaps you can spot if it is LCT haha...I can dream.

there are 2 main and copied types of AK receivers on the airsoft market: Tokyo Marui and VFC. the Daytonagun kits are made for the LTC receiver, which is just what DG had on hand to build from during R&D, and the LCT receiver is based on VFC albeit, slightly different tolerance wise, but that can be said for anything else. other guns that are VFC based includes DBoys and newer CYMAs. other manufacturers like RS, Classic Atmy and ICS have their own designs, CA and ICS mostly being based on marui style i believe.

Are you sure this will fit a DG system? My dealer says it is impossible and to fit one it needs to be a LCT receiver much like how a RS AK receiver would be

Ditto on review perhaps you can spot if it is LCT haha...I can dream.

I just found out that this is made by CYMA's factory. It is made to CYMA's specs. Not sure about the material of the front/rear trunnion or the other metal parts; but they are most likely potmetal and will be EPIC fail if you install DG system.

there are 2 main and copied types of AK receivers on the airsoft market: Tokyo Marui and VFC. the Daytonagun kits are made for the LTC receiver, which is just what DG had on hand to build from during R&D, and the LCT receiver is based on VFC albeit, slightly different tolerance wise, but that can be said for anything else. other guns that are VFC based includes DBoys and newer CYMAs. other manufacturers like RS, Classic Atmy and ICS have their own designs, CA and ICS mostly being based on marui style i believe.

If I remember correctly, VFC receiver was based on the LCT(well, back then it was Ino/Guarder).

VFC just has a lot more pins(including barrel pin) and more correct external features(such as selector switch positions).

G&G and ICS has their own design(CA is TM clone but 74ed-up); and ICS had two versions(old and new;old one was not compatible with anything and was s***, newer one I believe is closer to VFC).

So you are telling me that in fact this can be converted to a daytona gun without any issues? I am going to have to convince my dealer that this can work if this is correct.

Basically he's saying:

LCT, VFC, and later versions of CYMA and DBOYS will work, as they're all based off the VFC-design. All others will not - RS, TM, ICS, and CA all have their own unique systems (ICS is similar and pretty different to TM all in one ball though).

Which is another reason why VFC/LCT is getting more popular, since their designs are pretty similar/easier to find replacement parts.

sounds to me like your dealer doesn't know enough to do the installation and you should find someone else. here's the no-*suitcase* breakdown of compatibility:

-real style construction, accurate dimensions:

real sword

-real style construction, receiver is ~3mm too long:

lct/rmw/guarder/inokatsu

vfc

dboys

cyma series (not cm028/031)

ca steel series

unicorn

-marui-style construction

marui

ca slr105 polymer

cyma cm028/cm031

utg

de

action

king arms

additionally, ics and g&g have their own style of construction as does 'dm.' that should be the major manufacturers, did i leave anyone out?

sounds to me like your dealer doesn't know enough to do the installation and you should find someone else. here's the no-*suitcase* breakdown of compatibility:

-real style construction, accurate dimensions:

real sword

Except that RealSword has screws to hold the barrel on.

CM035/36(basically anything not 040, 045, 048, 050, or above) are still of vastly inferior capitalist TM design.

CM035/36(basically anything not 040, 045, 048, 050, or above) are still of vastly inferior capitalist TM design.

I would suggest you get off your high horse and stop linking 'inferior' and 'capitalist' together on such a regular basis when you post.

Saying something is an inferior design is fine but being from a capitalist country doesn't make it inferior or mean it's the cause of it being so, and it was capitalism that is responsible for the original Tokyo Marui AK AEG and all the following AK based AEGs that have followed at the end of the day.

Capitalist countries have a lot of problems, but so do communist countries like China, I don't see people going around forums bashing 'inferior communist ACM products' like you do with anything not made in China so stop it, now. Next time I see you do it you WILL be warned.

Now back to shiny AKness :)

I would suggest you get off your high horse and stop linking 'inferior' and 'capitalist' together on such a regular basis when you post.

Saying something is an inferior design is fine but being from a capitalist country doesn't make it inferior or mean it's the cause of it being so, and it was capitalism that is responsible for the original Tokyo Marui AK AEG and all the following AK based AEGs that have followed at the end of the day.

Capitalist countries have a lot of problems, but so do communist countries like China, I don't see people going around forums bashing 'inferior communist ACM products' like you do with anything not made in China so stop it, now. Next time I see you do it you WILL be warned.

Now back to shiny AKness :)

It's kind of a joke-speech from Red-Alliance. http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=4730.0

No insult intended.

Most glorious Ivanese for make benefit of most glorious rifle of battle usage by Mikhael Kalashnikov. Is good language.

In all seriousness, I spent quite some time on TM-style AKs before I even knew VFCs existed. The first time I tore down a VFC AK I nearly died from happiness. Being able to disassemble the entire gun in about a minute with nothing but a pair of pliers and a pin punch is pure bliss.

It is LCT style selector. Not TM style as the manual shows. That resulted in a broken selector for me. But i have complained to WGC, who has forwarded it to Beta-project.

The Gearbox is Cyma. Is says CM 2B on the shell. I will replace the entire gearbox, so doesn't matter for me.

The stocktube is GBB style. So to get LIPO in it is very easy.

also, the grip is actually what Haley had on his before he found the AR15 grip adapters and decided to stick a MIAD on there. that M249 grip is what we have on all our custom built MAG-Ks pretty much. i looked into getting an MOE grip on there, but the top of the grip tapers in TOO much, actually being thinner than the motor, so it would never work on an AEG AK with the original intended look.

what this does is give the guys who want to build a MAG-K a GREAT start. the hardest part about building one of these is finding the full Ultimak rail system, attaching the M4 buffer tube at the correct angle and getting that unique bolt fabricated (something most of us skip). this one has that hard stuff covered, plus its already tan, has the correct stock and has the correct mag. the only things left to do is get the right flash hider and selector switch and you have something that's VERY accurate.

so is it cheeper to build one or buy this one ?

telling from the post above, i think it will be better to buy the beta project as a starter like Horsem4n stated. It's a great start, and if you are gonna upgrade the internals etc anyway, just go for beta. You probably could land in about the same pricerange building this from scratch on a cyma ak. Though that ultimak rail is like a 100bucks + magpul parts and fabrication(time etc) you can do the math ;)

Archived