Chris Costa leaves Magpul

Ballistic Tsunami Airsoft

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything all the vid and whatnot just brings awareness to Magpul's stuff(more so I guess). I don't think people will necessarily stop buying them. They are quality stuff, and when you are in the market for their kind of stuff in the future you'll always check if they have something that suits you. What might be impacted is whether they'll still come out with something new and useful. The ASAP/MS2, BAD lever or AFG are something I guess came out of Haley/Costa school of weapon handling, and they are sorta the differentiating products from a lot of the stuff out there. Whether something like that will continue to show up is the question in the future...

I did notice if you look at some of the post Magpul Dynamic clips from Travis, there are a lot less Magpul stuff on his gun...whether that was intentional or not I am curious to know(of course his Airsoft X Training vid still has a ton of Magpul-laden guns hung on the wall)...

I would imagine that if you got free stuff from Magpul with the expectation that you beat it up and report on its failings, you would use it, too.

Not saying that it isn't great kit, just that it may not be exactly what you want for your weapon(s)... but close enough not to matter when it's free.

I did find it interesting that it appeared that Haley didn't have one single MP product on any of the weapons, airsoft or real, he demonstrated in the airsoft video. I admit I have no information whatsoever regarding his departure from Magpul Dynamics, but it is my speculation that there has been some sort of falling out. Throw in Costa leaving, even though it is publicly "amiable", piques my conspiracy sense.

Again, this is all speculation on my part with little to no information. I'm just spitballin'. I like a lot of Magpul products (not "love", just like) as much as the next guy, but I certainly don't believe they are the "be-all, end-all". There will, sooner or later, be another company/entity with the "next best thing" product or technique or what-have-you that people will go gaga over.

And under that theory, I speculate that if Costa's new enterprise were to release any sort of gadget/product, there will be a legion of fanboys who will be ready to shell out cash for this new "must-have". I'm just curious to see if this takes that route, or just fades away.

I know I'll still buy Magpul stuff....CTR or AFG or something, they are relatively cheap by RS standard, and in US their price is the same as PTS stuff(except the UBR)....For me they made sense from practical and cost stand point, which is why I don't understand why some of the hate that's out there....

I will continue to use magpul products. The MOE pistol grip is the most comfortable one for me and any M4/M16 I buy has one thrown on it straight away. I also find the CTR stock to work well for me and the RVG is preferable to all the other vertical grips I've tried.

The MS2 sling and ASAP sling plate is z revelation and easy to use so I do but not on every gun.

In general, their stuff is good quality and whilst I like most of it I don't get on with all of it but I, as were a lot of airsofters, was using it before I ever heard of Chris Costa and will continue to do so now so his influence was not as important as the products were anyway.

I still don't understand all the hate for magpul and it's fans though. Very bizarre.

I still don't understand all the hate for magpul and it's fans though. Very bizarre.

Not that bizarre though knowing human nature. Every person feels the urge to be part of something or group and usually these groups have polar opinions of things, this is specially true when those "things" are highly recognized/popular.

Most people though rationally overcome taking those feelings/urges beyond what's sensible and those who don't become the fanboys and haters, most time they don't even have a particular reason to hate/love something, for some weird/random reason they just choose the group where they want to belong to.

I do own and like Magpul products but because i like its functionality and nothing more, if i end up not liking it i sell them and move to something else. I liked the CTR stock so i have 3 of them ( ACM, PTS and RS ) , i used the MS2 sling for quite a while but then i discovered the VTAC sling and now i rarely use the MS2, bought a AFG but didn't really liked so i sold it and bought a LaRue VFG instead. The are products i like and there are others i don't but i never bought something just because someone had them too that's for sure !

I will continue to use magpul products. The MOE pistol grip is the most comfortable one for me and any M4/M16 I buy has one thrown on it straight away. I also find the CTR stock to work well for me and the RVG is preferable to all the other vertical grips I've tried.

The MS2 sling and ASAP sling plate is z revelation and easy to use so I do but not on every gun.

In general, their stuff is good quality and whilst I like most of it I don't get on with all of it but I, as were a lot of airsofters, was using it before I ever heard of Chris Costa and will continue to do so now so his influence was not as important as the products were anyway.

Haters gonna hate.

Who cares?

People are dying, wars are spreading, most of Europe is *fruitcage*-d and all people care about is a guy with a non-manly beard leaves a company that makes overly expensive plastic add-ons. :P

It will affect nothing except maybe the size of Coffee-Man's wallet.

'FireKnife'

Archived