WE SVD

bobthebrute

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But then again it is WE so cutting cost on everything must be done.

I am going to keep my RealSword unless WE proves to be worth the money.

WE's EBR kit was a very nicely done, It cost an arm, I'll admit but WE does make nice stuff if they want.

Not really sure why it bothers you so much since I'm near absolutely sure you won't buy one anyway. If it's that big of a problem you could just swap it out with real furniture if not a synthetic version if they'll be releasing them.

I think we can generally agree that if you want a high quality wood kit, its cheaper to buy a firearm version instead.

I'll admit but WE does make nice stuff if they want.

Yeah, which is why it is really disappointing to me when they cloned RealSword(perferct starting point), made steel receiver, and cannot keep going with making a SVD correctly.

I think we can generally agree that if you want a high quality wood kit, its cheaper to buy a firearm version instead.

In case of wood kit for east bloc weaponry(mainly AK), LCT make really good ones although almost cost as much as realsteel.

Making wood kit that looks like real one is not rocket science, it just depends on whether manufacturer will go to that extra distance to make it for player's enjoyment. Clearly WE does not. And "collector" version means player must buy more expensive yet totally worthless(when realsteel handguard is available, which is not often but not that rare either) WE wood handguards.

For those of you saying you have the RS SVD: you have the AEG right?

More like a spear to me; I feel confident stabbing any medium-sized wild animals with it.

SVDspear.jpg

WE with potmetal parts and aluminium barrel...not so much.

------------------

What I wanted before was WE SVD(when they said steel receiver I thought they would make other parts in steel as well...guess not...), but then I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ms1L2q4eV4&feature=player_embedded

And maybe its internals can be dropped into RealSword SVD.

In case of wood kit for east bloc weaponry(mainly AK), LCT make really good ones although almost cost as much as realsteel.

Making wood kit that looks like real one is not rocket science, it just depends on whether manufacturer will go to that extra distance to make it for player's enjoyment. Clearly WE does not. And "collector" version means player must buy more expensive yet totally worthless(when realsteel handguard is available, which is not often but not that rare either) WE wood handguards.

I guess WE counts that those who buy their guns arent that interested in markings and details (like their clean AR GBBR receivers). But I wonder why you say WE wont go that little distance in this case, while they still offer the collector version which seems to have the proper details? And you still call them worthless when you could buy RS parts instead (like some one pointed out earlier), but atleast they offer them to people who are ready to pay a bit more.

I guess WE counts that those who buy their guns arent that interested in markings and details (like their clean AR GBBR receivers). But I wonder why you say WE wont go that little distance in this case, while they still offer the collector version which seems to have the proper details? And you still call them worthless when you could buy RS parts instead (like some one pointed out earlier), but atleast they offer them to people who are ready to pay a bit more.

Their collector version is still full of wrongs. Handguard for example; even CYMA can make it look similar to realsword(quality aside, it at least looks similar) but WE did not? Buying a "collectors version" just to pay for handguard again because manufacturer cannot get some easy detail correct is just stupid. such "collector version" is just one with steel receiver; which means all other parts that are not steel remains not steel.

I assume if WE has ability to make machined receiver, they also have ability to make other parts...if only out of cast iron(still worlds better than potmetal).

I mean, just look at Dboys; full-steel version with cast steel parts only cost about $50 more than bad version. It is not like WE is going to become super expensive with a few cast iron parts.

MOAR ACE VD! I really hate the name, as clever as they may think it is. Just reminds me of venereal disease. But at least the prices are confirmed somewhat at Popular Airsoft. Basic plastic furniture aluminum receiver starts at $275 and the deluxe wood and steel at $500. Also, a range test vid below. It's already in Hong Kong so it's not long before we see the official release.

http://youtu.be/OmI4Ps0vo0w

edit:

I think I'll treat myself to one of the cheapest options and see what I can rape out of it.

No plastic+steel combo = WE thinks too highly of their s**t wood. :(

I want one at $400 so $500~ get realsteel furniture and hopefully replace all potmetal parts.

Ace T D sounds fun.

What?!? I thought you're just gonna trash it since its out of spec, star fish logo etc.

Archived