WE SVD

bobthebrute

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SVD GBB yay.

WE, erm maybe not then.

Really i know WE are trying and coming up with new guns in GBB format but seriously it is all well and good making new models but put something better in them that works. It is like the new Jaguars, nice body but seriously a Ford basic model engine in it?

The GHK however is a good idea, but like all things GBB the price won't be good enough to buy one, coupled with the weather over here 3/4 of the time.

'FireKnife'

Until we see which internals were used (ar-15, ak, m14) we can't really tell ho reliable this one's gonna be. I'd really want one myself even if I haven't played the sniper role for the longest time now, but afraid this is gonna cost more than $400 plus another $150 for a POSP as those acm ones are real poo.

One thing's for sure, it can't fail as hard as the cybergun "kalashnikov brand" SVD.... http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=4&manufacturerId=10&prodId=15277&cateId=61 The fact that they're using apparently real or at the very least, correct looking polly furniture is a plus, it would be a shame given how pretty it is if it's insides were made of green cheese and hope. Did the blow back seem a tad feeble to anyone else?

Looks like a fail to me.

They take a perfect weapon. And then make it less precise.

And by using the Real Sword as a donorgun, the price get nasty.

Wouldnt touch it. I will stick with my Real Sword SVU instead...

It is not a RealSword donorgun; it is a gutted RealSword used for sampling the dimensions.

The only reason GBBR will be good is this: rico.gif

WE will vent so much gas out of the ejection port and fire with safety on. XD

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it looks like WE is actually going to make this decent.

(img from arms-cool.net distributed by we airsoft)

With CNCed steel receiver:

img4861ln.jpg

img4862.jpg

img4864l.jpg

img4866n.jpg

img4869gr.jpg

img4868rt.jpg

:fear2:

If they just also make the barrel steel. Other parts can be easily replaced with realsteel.

• 1 month later...

I'm just going to leave these right here...

http://www.weairsoft.com/detail.php?id=207

http://www.weairsoft.com/detail.php?id=205

I guess we are looking at a Real Sword body with CNC internals, so "cheap" has gone out the window, maybe WE is finally moving away from the "semi-cheap" with *fruitcage* pot metal internals.

• 1 month later...

I can see this being like any WE.. advertise so much, then cut all of it out of the final product for cost concerns

Like the real-wood stock for the M14 they harped on about for ages?

Could almost garuntee the CNC steel receiver they show would be the "Pattern part" for the moulds to make the castings.

Hmmm. Didn't they show pics of laminated wood and what looked like surplus polymer furniture?

Laminated wood was RealSword.

Polymer furniture is indeed what they purchased.

Maybe this is just prototype; maybe not.

Looks good to me.

Wood could be better but I wouldn't be surprised if it is fake wood polymore like the M14 has.

Wood could be a lot better and it is probably fake.

It seems that the gas block and rear sight are potmetal; perhaps also the front sight.

WE, cutting corners once again for fail. (SVD aftermarket part is non-existant and realsteel parts are not that easy to come by).

Archived