WE SVD

bobthebrute

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbh, im happy that they are cutting costs. now that the real sword is about, we dont need another expensive SVD. this ones probably going to be around 400, the realsword looks to be about 1G, and for good reason.

as long as the we performs good(a barrel that long and a marui vsr rubber is going to be) and i can get steel parts to replace the innards, they have my money.

So you guys are expecting Real Sword receiver with quality internals for less than the price of the Real Sword?

Why would Real Sword allow that?

Not expecting RealSword clone.

Just maybe at least get the correct polymer furniture shape... and maybe outer barrel secured like realsteel.

We all know WE is just going for full potmetal internals and everyone will have to spend $$$ on RAtech parts to make them reliable(by then, WE is probably going to cost about as much as RealSword, thus making buying WE a horrible choice).

Okay dude, enough of the bashing, its getting a bit OTT.

No RA parts on my M14, has been going smoothly for over a year now with about 4-5K round through it. The only stock parts I have replaced on my SCAR is replacing the bolt for a heavier steel one, and that's after 10K+ rounds through the thing on the OB system alone. I'm not saying the systems are bullet-proof as evidenced by some peoples experiences here, but on the whole from the the guns I have worked on for people, and my own collection (5 WE GBBR) they are doing pretty well with improving the overall quality.

I'm glad they are doing some innovation in the GBBR market and bringing some sweet new guns out. Being critical is fine, and with new innovations needed. But no-body is forcing you or anyone to buy them and i don't see the need for such a negative tone towards them all the time.

I'm glad they are doing some innovation in the GBBR market and bringing some sweet new guns out. Being critical is fine, and with new innovations needed. But no-body is forcing you or anyone to buy them and i don't see the need for such a negative tone towards them all the time.

You look at their Aks-74un and tell me: how much innovation were they doing(to refresh your memory; WE used AEG spec receiver + about as much potmetal parts as Dboys non-fullsteel AEG)? Whoever trying to get a good GBBR AKs-74un is probably going to almost need to build one from scratch.

And this is all because of those who claim to not care about external accuracy; good job, you people just gave WE the green light to make more mediocre externals because all WE needs to do is to answer the prayers for herp derp moar blowback then put everything in externals of aeg dimension.

And then there was all the empty promises WE rep made over the internet...

Of course they improved; because before OB system with new hop-up came out, those with old system performed like **** and the m4 30rd type mags are still not changed.

I am glad more models of GBBR has been churned out; but all they are doing is eating up market from other, higher quality, companies who could have made actually good(perhaps both internally and externally good, like RealSword) GBBR.

Right now WE just eats up the niche market(M14 L85...etc.) with mediocre guns; thus preventing companies(if they want to make enough money to justify devlopment/production cost) from making better, more externally/internally sound GBBR of those same models.

I bet if WE is not trying to flood the market with mid-price GBBR right now; we would see much better high-end GBBR pieces(maybe VFC will even live up to their reputation).

people keep asking him and challanging his opinion. and he does have a point.

his issue is mostly just WE's overall lazyness. they make poor choices on materials in areas that wouldnt really bring the price up if done differently and they are too lazy to make the proper furniture for the polymer model.

personally, i dont really care, but it could have been better with a little more effort. them not putting that much effort into it, just to make a gbb svd, is sort of an insult to the weapon system itself. to me, its about price, performance and reliability. i can accept a loss in external quality as long as it has good scores in the other catagory. im a bit weary on the reliability, but steel internals will probably be around 150 and i dont think the gun will be over 500 which is still well below the projected price of the RS GBB SVD. plus, i need to save some money in order to *fruitcage* it up with rails and magpul ;P

I can't see how WE stops more GBBr's from being made, as there is more than enough proof, that isn't the case. Just look at all the m4's that came out after the WE m4 (the first m4, not the open bolt version) was released.

He was talking about the less popular guns (m14, L85s and now SVD). That was clearly stated on his post.

He does have a point, I mean, was it that hard for WE to make a mold with this shape:

http://www.dragunov.net/images/svdsling_butt.jpg

Instead of that fugly thing they made? I'm sure the grip will be perfectly aligned with the rest of the gun lol.

I've the feeling that you won't be able to use the magazine as a point to grab the rifle while shooting, much less to rest the gun while taking aim, it would most likely make the mag vent all the gas like it happens with their other GBBR.

Let's see how they fixed the barrel to the gun and what material the barrel is made of. Having a sturdy outer barrel is more critical to performance than most people seem to understand or care.

Dude, stop ranting, no one wants to read it.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

And this is a forum where people can voice their opinions/rants/whatever as long as it's within forum rules.

adadqgg's been making various points regarding the details (or lack thereof) on a lot of Russian AEGs/GBBRs and whether you like his rants or not I don't see how you're so entitled to tell him to shut up. Why don't you shut up instead, I'm sick of people telling adadqgg to shut up when his rants raises interesting points that I would've never known since I'm not an encyclopaedia on Russian firearms yet the details he raises are interesting to me.

As for your "if you don't like it, don't buy it".....when did adadqgg say anything about buying it in the first place? It seems like a lot of people's natural ending for their arguments when someone raises issues with certain guns or manufacturers. I am completely disgusted with that phrase simply because the only logical retort to that would be "no *suitcase*"....no, I'm so stupid that I know all the issues that I hate about this gun but some deity from above compels me to get it and I need your reminder to stop myself from succumbing to buying the thing I just dissed.

Can't everyone just move on from whatever grudge they hold against adadqgg? I don't even know him and from the threads that I've lurked in for the past few months even I feel a bit sorry for him....it's not like he INSISTS that you share his ideology that if a Russian-side airsoft gun have some details wrong it's automatically a POS; yet a lot of you guys seem to have a vendetta against whatever he says on this forum as if he spat on and insulted your mother.

Or maybe people are just getting fed up of reading it in virtually every WE thread that pops up?

Regardless of adadqgg's feelings about his beloved russian guns, i hope WE have learnt their lesson after the massive cost cutting cockup over the WE AK internals. Externals i can live with to a degree, but the internals have to function.

Or maybe people are just getting fed up of reading it in virtually every WE thread that pops up?

Regardless of adadqgg's feelings about his beloved russian guns, i hope WE have learnt their lesson after the massive cost cutting cockup over the WE AK internals. Externals i can live with to a degree, but the internals have to function.

Perhaps people are fed up about reading it everywhere (me too...slightly. although it perks up my interest to know what the wrong details are on an airsoft gun that adadqgg rants about I can't say that I enjoy reading it again and again and again), but why can't they get over it and just skip whatever he commented on rather than tell him to shut the hell up about it? It's not like his rants have no merits whatsoever (although there might be some, I dunno, it's late and for some reason I'm still awake so I'm going by my gut feeling); nor do they breach forum rules. A quick peek at the rules for the Airsoft News thread would seem to show a lot of people violating the rules set out on Arnies about pricing of some of the inokatsu guns, or the repeated "not another M4/Ak" comments yet I don't see any massive complaints about it...don't those comments warrant more dislikes rather than adadqgg's?

Also whatever adadqgg rants is not affecting anyone personally...I don't see why some people don't consider the reverse and instead of telling him to shut up just ignore his comments on the thread itself. Having some self-control is not a particularly hard feat either; I browse by the same set of ideals that a lot of ASM users do on the Technical Discussion sub-forum here on Arnies and it still irks me when people post threads that have been answered a few weeks prior (the Madbull Daniel Defense rails mounting on a G&P receiver for example) when all they needed to do was a 5 min job of using the 'search button'. As far as I can tell this forum's been around for quite some time and I'm sure most of the newbie technical questions have already been answered time and time again. I don't go on every thread to berate people about using the search bar since I know it's not really the same here compared with ASM but as a matter of principle I don't like it when people post questions on very common problems as it shows a lack of initiative on their part to actually fix the problem themselves so they rather expect to be spoon-fed by others for free (I just realised I probably ranted something that doesn't relate with whatever I was arguing about but it's 5:30am in the morning here and I'm finally getting drowsy...).

Nonetheless I would think a more well-mannered response to adadqgg about toning it down would've been better if people here are to stick with their belief that they are entitled to tell others to shut it if they don't like what they are talking about. Almost every response telling adadqgg to (basically) shut up has a hint of vitriol in it for some reason and I don't see why people have to resort to that considering that they merely believe (I assume) his comments are cluttering up their enjoyment on these forums.

EDIT: I've derailed the thread, sorry about that.

So another thread is derailed into a bit of hand bag slapping. What I would like to know, is if this svd has been seen/held/examined by anyone who is a menber on here. If not, then it is pure speculation, based on previous experience with WE internals/externals.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First, let me state the obvious:

23hTS.jpg

EPIC FAIL on WE's part for making incorrect laminated wood handguard(same mistake as a certain ACM brand did on A&K replacement handguard).

http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=117964&extra=&page=1

According to WE rep's post on Arms-cool.net, WE SVD will have:

Economic version: aluminum receiver, polymer furniture(probably s**t like A&K), "steel" parts(so far only tested on gas regulator's moving part made of stamped steel and flash hider).

Average player version: same as above but with wood furniture(worthless).

Collector's version: CNCed steel receiver + wood + steel parts.

It will have full bolt travel(obviously only selling point of WE).

Looks like bolt is also potmetal.

I am looking at collector's edition and hope it has full steel parts and not just ones tested on photo.

But then again it is WE so cutting cost on everything must be done.

I am going to keep my RealSword unless WE proves to be worth the money.

To be honest I actually like the looks of the handguard laminated that way. Wrapped around and mold pressed like the real ones are looks too plain for me. My universal translator isn't working for the page right now but did I get it right, the prices are 8,000 and 15,000 TWD for the regular and deluxe versions respectively? That's a mere $268 to $502!!!

To be honest I actually like the looks of the handguard laminated that way. Wrapped around and mold pressed like the real ones are looks too plain for me. My universal translator isn't working for the page right now but did I get it right, the prices are 8,000 and 15,000 TWD for the regular and deluxe versions respectively? That's a mere $268 to $502!!!

Is not about look(and it would look way better with real handguard; instead of elongated AK handguard); otherwise there would be gold plated SVD...etc.

Failed laminated handguard just shows how lazy WE is. I already reported this issue and we will see what they do(or not) about it.

8000 is thought up by WE rep very late at night.

15000 is guess by player.

Real price should be somewhere in-between.

I also forgot to mention that barrel is aluminum.

Looks pretty good to me.

Wood does look a little odd compared to the Real Sword I used to have but its by no means an 'epic fail'.

Bit of a shame its not full steel (barrel especially) but this is WE so its not surprising.

Look forward to seeing prices.

Looks pretty good to me.

Wood does look a little odd compared to the Real Sword I used to have but its by no means an 'epic fail'.

It is not just a little.

It is like WE drawing huge trollface on handguard; this is not even marking issue on selector, it is blatantly obvious from many arshin away.

I do not even complain about gas system since they could not possibly make it have massive firing rate issue at SEMI auto(after those improvements over AK such as larger gas chamber and no piston rod...etc.).

But then again it is WE so...

Wood would have been almost perfect if they just take a look at realsteel furniture(which they seemed to fail at doing even though they sampled off a RealSword SVD; I guess their every attempt at making SVD less similar to mainland's Type 86, no doubt due to political issue, made SVD all the more unrealistic). But WE just has to go cheap and fail(it would not be so horribly wrong if it was just another cheap gun, but for $400-500 "collector version" it is horrible, it is like early VFC AK aluminum barrel+improper laminated handguard horrible)

Only thing that might be good about this is the fact that there is no motor on GBBR so SVD-S is very possible.

I'd like to see the "Collectors" edition SVD though, I have the RS SVD and yes the grips are a bit off but they don't look bad! Plus many will see it few will notice it! I'm only hooping the "steel" parts to be steel parts and not something cheap...

BTW are there any news on the RS SVD GBBR?

Wolf

The bolt being potmetal isn't a huge problem - my WE AKSU has steel internals now and the bolt hasn't been affected by it one bit. Pretty sure this won't be a problem on this one either. As for the hand guards - most players really won't mind if it's not 100% accurate. Most AEGs aren't really 1:1 replicas of the real thing, there's always a tiny difference from the real one to the replica. If I still played on jungle sites I'd probably buy one of these.

Not really sure why it bothers you so much since I'm near absolutely sure you won't buy one anyway. If it's that big of a problem you could just swap it out with real furniture if not a synthetic version if they'll be releasing them.

I would buy one if they just make it correct.

You know RealSteel SVD handguard(just hanguard) is $80-100; that is a lot of money paid for something that WE should have easily fixed from factory.

The bolt being potmetal isn't a huge problem - my WE AKSU has steel internals now and the bolt hasn't been affected by it one bit. Pretty sure this won't be a problem on this one either. As for the hand guards - most players really won't mind if it's not 100% accurate. Most AEGs aren't really 1:1 replicas of the real thing, there's always a tiny difference from the real one to the replica. If I still played on jungle sites I'd probably buy one of these.

SVD is not made for "most players." Otherwise you would see SVD with all sorts of stupid 20mm rail screwed onto handguard...etc.

AEG SVD(at least RealSword) proves that you can have 1:1 replica of realsteel(even though tiny details suggest that it is replica of early SVD). Not to mention this thread is about WE GBB which has potential to be more realistic than AEG in ever way, but WEAK failed every time.

Handguard is a BIG part; that is not a tiny difference.

Also, if they are so not-important, why would anyone care about 6mm markings or realsteel trademarks on other stuff like M4/G36?

Bottom line is: if M4/G36 can have realsteel trademark to look more like realsteel, SVD deserves having realistic handguard to look more like realsteel(even though obviously WE is not going to be 1:1 to realsteel).

As for potmetal bolt; bolt itself is not problem; problem will be obvious when you see a piece of bolt handle fly off.

Archived