WE SVD

bobthebrute

What?!? I thought you're just gonna trash it since its out of spec, star fish logo etc.

That is AK which I will not touch with a 7 meter pole.

SVD sampled size off RealSword SVD(cannot see WE getting this wrong or they are truly retarded).

I have RealSword SVD for skirmish AND wallhanger; just want a cheap GBB SVD option that does not look like total s**t(which WE almost suceeded except for that wooden handguard and potmetal parts).

Just so I can do this without pretending it has recoil:

rico.gif Knowing WE it is probably also able to fire at that safe selector lever position; if not, a few days will make it happen. lol

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it says in description that this has CNCed steel receiver while it is aluminum+wood version.

Good job RedWolf tricking n00bs.

-------------------------

That wood is way too disgusting; not sure why WE would even make it.

How did they mess up the AK? It seemed pretty promising from some videos I watched, although mind you they were all filmed in Asia so perhaps the problem is to do with cool down? The full bolt travel seems nice especially they also provide optional short stroke system, any first hand owner can shed some light on this?

Can someone for the love of god please explain to me why the *fruitcage* this forum does not follow the logic of all other internet forums in the world of last thread to have a post made gets bumped to #1 spot. It is insanely annoying to know something is happening with product X, and knowing there is a thread about product X, but then having to go thru pages or search for it to find it, only to find out there was a post made within the last hour.

WHAT THE *fruitcage* !?

Oh yeah, IT'S OUT!

How did they mess up the AK? It seemed pretty promising from some videos I watched, although mind you they were all filmed in Asia so perhaps the problem is to do with cool down? The full bolt travel seems nice especially they also provide optional short stroke system, any first hand owner can shed some light on this?

Full-travel makes it shoot like krap(first time GBBR actually has lower ROF than realsteel...); there is a reason no one else did "almost full travel"(not to mention WE's "full" travel is still short by a little bit).

If they were able to get full-travel bolt to work correctly(with decent rof, gas consumption...etc.) they would not even need to sell players $20 block of metal that makes WE almost on-par with GHK performance.

Potmetal externals; missing details on rear block of Aks-74u; cannot even get Tula Star correctly(no it is not trademarket).

Not to mention internals more cheesy than their M4(which I give no s**t about like I do with every other m4), G36...etc. Biggest slap in the face is that GHK used potmetal internals too and they had something similar to reliability while WE missed that by many arshins.

WE always seems promising and when actual product comes out, disappointment is onlything I see. At first I was like "cool, WE is going to make a full-bolttravel AK that is going to be most realistic GBB AK ever!"... then when it comes out and it is missing SOO many details along with having as much potmetal parts as CYMA... I said "FU" to WE and that was all. Then people start whining about my complaint of WE as if so many wrong things on WEAK(see what I did there) is okay and they love incorrect details(which is not going to cost WE much at all to fix...and even save them some money due to adding one of such detail will lower how much potmetal is used to case rear block).

And then SVD...machined steel receiver = great, potmetal parts = rubbish(if you are going to pay $600, it better be full-steel). Wood is just total s**t; it is even worse than those laminated wood on Cyma SVD. WE should have sourced wooden handguards from CYMA; it will probably turn up cheaper and better. But no, WE is all about Made-in-Taiwan. They never realized that feces made in Taiwan is going to stink just as much as if it was made anywhre else.

After a short time, WEAK quickly turns into advertisement for RA-tech steel replacement parts...

Onto SVD:

Wood = fail as already mentioned.

Aluminum receiver + wood = even more fail.

Because...plastic handguard is same shape as wood handguard, which is even more epic fail. RealSteel sample picture was sent to WE many times and they probably already have realsteel handguard/stock to get exact dimensions. But no, they make cheap plastic handguard in same shape as wood just like every other epic failures of airsoft SVD-furniture-makers.

Getting dimensions off RealSword SVD is pretty much only thing they did correctly.

Semi-auto gives it great potential because ROF is largely irrelevant(realsteel SVD's effective firing rate is pretty low; WE cannot possibly screw up this time) and cooldown is not going to be severe.

BUT...it is WE...something is probably going to go wrong in a few days of use and owners end up with bricks that are too big to even be paperweights until RA-tech makes replacement parts or they buy stock WE internal parts over and over again. WE's appeal is actually largely due to their great customer service in Taiwan, not because they make amazing budged GBBR(which is not cheap anyway).

Woa that sounds pretty bad, I hate "full steel" guns using pot metal parts, especially externals (since internals can usually be replaced by aftermarket parts), but while I can't speak for all WE guns, I do own a RA-Tech vs WE SCAR-L lv3... which I have to say hasn't failed at all with the best recoil I've felt from a GBBR (compared to Inokatsu on red I've experienced) and I've owned it for almost 2 years... but then I suspect it's entirely because of RA-Tech, I mean, the upgrades that went into it cost almost 2x the price of the gun itself... I guess I'll stick to real sword's GBB SVD, which I estimate it to be released in mid August........ of 2035.

Sounds more like himself.

I wish they have the steel receiver and polymer handguard. WE's plastic imho is high quality (for its price)

Rant?

That was a perfectly logical and detailed explanation as to why WE fails in this matter.

Sounds more like himself.

I wish they have the steel receiver and polymer handguard. WE's plastic imho is high quality (for its price)

Gotta hand it to Addadqgqgqgqgayayayay this time, his post while full of vitriol and bile, did actually address all the salient points of his argument and surprisingly in a valid and semi-coherent way.

Semi-auto gives it great potential because ROF is largely irrelevant(realsteel SVD's effective firing rate is pretty low; WE cannot possibly screw up this time) and cooldown is not going to be severe.

I wouldn't quite make that assumption. It has a fairly long bolt travel which would mean larger gas consumption even for semi-automatic fire. Judging by the fps test in the vid below I'd say it still may have issues with cooldown particularly for colder regions. Of course, we don't know just how the gun was treated prior to testing or the temperature it was fired in which may have influenced the fps fluctuations.

I wouldn't quite make that assumption. It has a fairly long bolt travel which would mean larger gas consumption even for semi-automatic fire. Judging by the fps test in the vid below I'd say it still may have issues with cooldown particularly for colder regions. Of course, we don't know just how the gun was treated prior to testing or the temperature it was fired in which may have influenced the fps fluctuations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-TAQhmufRE

I saw that one.

Video testing is still firing too fast.

I was talking about firing at realsteel effective firing rate; which is about 30 per minute.

I actually really wanted one; just hoping steel version is going to be full steel(Righ now that hope is very small) and at least have plastic furniture available.

Just for wallhanger and cosplay purposes.

Only concern is lowering the fps to legal levels.

That's an easy fix. As with any TK/TM designed floating valve you could insert a washer forward the floating valve (and spring) which acts as a flow restrictor. You could cut one out from a sheet of polycarbonate in just minutes. A bit of a trial and error process as to what size hole is needed though.

Archived