WE SVD

bobthebrute

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$100 bucks for CNC machined laminate that actually looks pretty good isn't too bad considering it's made in Taiwan. The plywood they use looks to be of a good grade. A made in China product would be cheaper at around $60-$70 and most of them look pretty bad. The only real concern is that the handguard, though right in shape, is incorrectly laminated compared to the real svd. Suffice to say WE didn't want to invest the tooling involved for press lamination and simply turned to the CNC machines they already have. The easiest fix to this is to carve out your own set of handguards out of solid wood as it will look externally identical to the press laminate originals. You can only really tell they weren't laminated if you remove the handguards and look at the cross section.

$100 bucks for CNC machined laminate that actually looks pretty good isn't too bad considering it's made in Taiwan. The plywood they use looks to be of a good grade. A made in China product would be cheaper at around $60-$70 and most of them look pretty bad. The only real concern is that the handguard, though right in shape, is incorrectly laminated compared to the real svd. Suffice to say WE didn't want to invest the tooling involved for press lamination and simply turned to the CNC machines they already have. The easiest fix to this is to carve out your own set of handguards out of solid wood as it will look externally identical to the press laminate originals. You can only really tell they weren't laminated if you remove the handguards and look at the cross section.

WE's wood looks like krap in comparison to my RealSword; or even my Cyma... And for stock...WE just looked weird no matter what it is made out of. I look at my RealSword and then at WE and back to my RealSword and WE looks so bad I cannot keep looking at it.

They might as well never make it in first place.

Also, you can see whether handguard is laminated or not from top and bottom of handguard.

I am going to laugh at WE more when CYMA releases laminated wood furniture that looks better, more similar to realsteel, and cost less.

Cyma is made in China. Really to anyone outside PRC it does not really matter where it is made(G&P is made in China; complain all you want :D) because you get what you paid for unless manufacturer is stupid(like WE)... in this case Cyma clearly makes superior wooden funiture(even though they had a little error for their first batch) for cheaper price. WE is too stupid to make wood that looks like realsteel and too stupid to outsource that work.

Archived