Black Bear Razor Mask (Multicam & Punisher skull)

After a few months of using the Reaper mask and some A-Frame goggles, I decided to go ahead and get myself a mask that covered all of my face, including the eyes, as the whole “wearing glasses over the mask” thing made me loose a lot of peripheral vision. Ive always been a bit scared of mesh eye protection, but I have never gotten a single piece of shrapnel go through my mask, so now Im confident that it wont happen now that I have left my glasses at home.

Given the good results I have had from my Reaper mask, I decided to go with the “upgraded” model from the same company, Black Bear, whose masks offer both a strong, thick mesh and a very nice build quality.

I got a Multicam version for me and a “Punisher Skull” one for my buddy Alex, same model, different colours. There’s but loads of different patterns, BTW, including vegetate and a 3-Desert colurs. The desert digital is my second option, though. I might actually paint a skull on mine, Id loose a bit of “tacticool” value, but would gain a lot of points in the “badassery” department.

The main part of the mask, the steel mesh front is one piece of very strong, pretty thick, mesh, which has been stamped to the shape of a human face: mouth, mouth, nose, cheekbones, eye sockets, … It was a bit tight around my mouth, but I was able to bend it a bit more open. Its not super moldable, but I still appreciate that it comes in a sturdy cardboard box to protect it during international transport; still, I will simply throw it into my backpack when going to games. The are below the nose (the mouth, hehe) is where the mask is protruding the furthest away. I you are using a headset and your mic isn’t very good, I recommend putting it inside the mask, there’s room enough.

It has a semi-satinated finish on it (brown on the MC model) that seems to be pretty resistant (my reaper has barely lost paint on two spots, from all the hits I got, especially testing the mask).

BTW: the manufacturer states that you can wear glasses beneath it and its true for my Guarder C4s, both with the elastic strap or the normal frames.

The rest of the materials: lining, cordura wrap, back straps, etc. seems to be of very decent quality, don’t think Ill ever see this ripping or wearing off. The mask is secured by a very large piece of this cordura-like fabric that goes over the back of your head, that has two female clasps to which the males, secured with adjustable elastic straps at both bottom corners of the mask, connect. This makes for a very secure hold, but at the same time, the area of pressure is very wide and distributed. The mask weighs a around 350 grs, btw.

Every textile material in this mask is covered in this fine anti-sweat mesh, which also makes it it a lot less rough that other masks. The whole area which contacts your face is, on top of that, padded: this serves two purposes: protecting the skin and comfort, but also it seals your face from the outside, to prevent BBs coming in from the back.

All the stitching and the finishing details are of great quality, so the price is justified. Im usually not to picky about this, but, as an ACM product buyer (haven’t bought originals in quite some time) Im used to certain aesthetic and functional flaws, so its nice when every once in awhile, you buy something that is simply flawless.

To wrap it up: if you are, like me, concerned about tooth loss and other airsoft related maxilo-facial injuries (even if small welts), this is an excellent option, my third mask and definitely my favourite.

Please: comments, feedback. Questions are welcome and will be answered as far as possible.

MC version:

http://www.acmgear.com/black-bear-airsoft-razor-mask-multicam-p-1968.html

Punisher skull:

http://www.acmgear.com/black-bear-airsoft-razor-mask-punisher-p-1445.html

201120111122.jpg

201120111129.jpg

201120111123.jpg

201120111127.jpg

201120111124.jpg