You know you've been playing airsoft for too long...

aznriptide859

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when you hear a noise in uni and instinctively reach for a sidearm that isn't there and get frustrated that it isnt.

Just at Uni? I once freaked a date out when i went for a sidearm, even using my support hand to pull back my shirt and realised i wasn't wearing my Detonics in my old IWB, instead i just poked myself in the side :P

When you realise that at work you are meant ti be explaining the advantages between a PS3 and a XBox 360 yet your hands are field stripping an imaginary 1911, M92 and Sig P226 :D

'FireKnife'

when at a museum in canada and you are handed a thompson to demo the weight you shoulder it load the drum correctly first time and rack the bolt disproving the guides point that they are clunky and hard to use.

One time i was walking around Bristol and heading back to the train station and the firearm police unit was out in force (the idiot that drove into Edinburgh airport happened a week earlier) and i noticed that the guy on the left of the pair had his finger resting inside the trigger guard of his G36SF. I looked at him and he slowly took his finger out and rested it on the side of the reciever and i smiled, expecting to be told to get down i got an approving smile back, weird.

'FireKnife'

When your weekend consisted solely of looking for 1911 hammers that fit a beavertail grip safety, and selling gun parts to fund your next M9 project....

Also, when hearing a noise in the night, wondering whether to get the detonics under your pillow, the sig in the draw, or the holstered 1911 on the draw.....

when your fireknife and you take the usp matchs to bed not lara.

Pfft, back when she had the two-tone .45 1911s and maybe we will talk :P

When you realise that, while possible, an airsoft shoot out would not be recommended in your local mall but you keep thinking 'if only'.

'FireKnife'

You know you've been around Airsoft forums too much when you've seen countless "You know you've been playing airsoft too long..." threads appear, which are then populated with sardonic social commentary on the frequency of occurrence of the aforementioned threads, thus increasing their lifespan.

In all sincerity, I think the best line I ever heard with regard to playing airsoft too long was:

"When you list off your guns, and forget at least one"

In all sincerity, I think the best line I ever heard with regard to playing airsoft too long was:

"When you list off your guns, and forget at least one"

I was trying to list all my guns, past and present, and I'm still rediscovering what I have owned.

Ok, you know you've been playing too long when you have more airsoft projects than homework and real work projects combined.

• 3 months later...

Archived