VSR real-shock version stock finish?

Kenworth W900

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone here has ever heard of or experienced the problem I am having with my VSR-10 Real-shock version?

I used it for the first time on sunday and the stock finish started to come off and cover my hands and face.

At first I had no idea what was going on but I soon figured it must be the VSR's stock as it seemed to only be my cheeks and hands which were turning yellow (in other words, where I was touching the stock). Sure enough, if I rub it a bit the finish comes right off and turns my skin yellow.

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone here has ever heard of or experienced the problem I am having with my VSR-10 Real-shock version?

I used it for the first time on sunday and the stock finish started to come off and cover my hands and face.

At first I had no idea what was going on but I soon figured it must be the VSR's stock as it seemed to only be my cheeks and hands which were turning yellow (in other words, where I was touching the stock). Sure enough, if I rub it a bit the finish comes right off and turns my skin yellow.

Mine was fine when I had it - However, do you mean the wood effect finish or the black? I'm assuming from the yellow that you have the wood effect...

Just been swotting up with the snipers perch & whole vsr thread.

Nothing in 300+ plus pages about stock finish coming off, chatter on weak spots and where they snap when you fall on them.

+1 with Hwagan, is it the wood effect (yellow) or was it two toned badly ?

Bought in the UK ? warranty issue, phone the retailer time ?

Edit,

read bushmans post. Nasty chemical reaction.....very possible.

I'm ruling out the insect repellent suggestion - its a good theory but I don't use it at all, nor does anyone else there (the site) that I know.

As for the stock finish. Just to clarify, its the bog standard 'Real Shock' version faux wood finish. It hasn't been painted or coated in anyway by myself.

The gun was two days old in my hands as I used it on my first skirmish. I'm beggining to think that perhaps in some bizarre twist, rather than being some long term chemical reaction in the stock finish, it could in fact be a lack of time. I.e. Zero One ordered it from Japan for me then sent it out as soon as they got it. So perhaps the paint finish had not set properly since it was applied at the factory by TM?

For the record, the faux wood effect is for the most part still intact. That is to say that the shades of brown and black are still there. The yellow appears to be some kind of final outer finish, its doesn't seem to have aesthetically affected the stock. Although the yellow hue it gives could get annoying if it doesn't stop coming off. My guess would be, however, that after using it a few more times the yellow residue will be entirely removed. To help it along I wiped it over with a damp cloth a few times and dried it.

Archived