Emerson OPS Core FAST/Carbon Helmet replica

I managed to acquire one of these shortly after I posted about them in the news section. I'd considered buying a Real OPS Core helmet, but decided against it as these replicas were released I figured that I'd give one of the reps a go before taking the plunge and buying a real one. I wanted one mainly for looks more than anything as the sights that I play at are mainly a mix of both urban and woodland.

I'd bought the helmet from eBay the seller was spec ops wargear. It took little over 2 weeks to arrive. I didn't get the chance to really look over it till i'd returned from work. The only thing that I found wrong with it was that one of the hooks for attached to the end of one of the NVG was missing. So I decided to remove them both for the time being. I've emailed OPS Core directly to see if I can purchase real ones directly from them.

As for the fit of the helmet it fits rather snugly on my head. I've also tried it with Comtacs to see how the fitment is like. Again it fits me head rather well. I could remove the pads for better fitment.

Overall I'm really pleased with this and will update the review once I've had chance to use it in a game

Pros

- Looks very similar to the real OPS Core Fast helmet

- Sized L/XL and fits very snuggly on my head

- Cheap

Cons

- One of the bungee retention hooks for the NVG's was missing on the helmet I received

- Velcro for the patches could be a little more securely attached

Packaging and Instructions

IMAG0141-1.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

Helmet

IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

Helmet with Comtacs

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

The colour of the helmet is Tan, but looks gold in the pics.

If anyone wants anymore pics please let me know and I'll do my best to get them sorted for you.

The only thing that I found wrong with it was that one of the hooks for attached to the end of one of the NVG was missing. So I decided to remove them both for the time being. I've emailed OPS Core directly to see if I can purchase real ones directly from them.

You've probably found out already, but they do have them for purchase for $15.

Go here: http://www.ops-core.com/2010_ACH-ARC_Kit_and_Bungees_P5C20.cfm

And then select through the first drop down menu: "Bungees Only (no rails) -$68"

Do you know what chin strap size you need? You've got the adjusters maxed out, looks like Emerson cloned the L/XL shell but have possibly put a medium harness in? I have a real FAST Base Jump Military with XL shell but thought a medium harness would be better and I have the same issue. There is a sizing guide on the Ops Core website.

Not impressed with the warranty card/statement being copied word for word...they could have just omitted that.

The foam pads, are they the same sort of foam that we're familiar with that comes in other clone helmets or is it actually the memory foam stuff like the real one?

I'll measure my head and I'll also check the pads once I get home

Thanks for the heads up about the bungee cords.

Despite this being a clone I feel that its a better clone than that of the L.A.T.C.H helmet. This seems to fit my head better and is no where near as heavy.

In the new year I may invest in a real ops core helmet, just not financially possible at this moment in time.

Edited by CplHicks

Replacement bungee cords have been ordered along with the ARC ContourHD mount. Hopefully be here before Xmas.

As for the pads, I'll describe them the best way I can. They are in 2 pieces. There a harder foam section and a softer foam section glued to the top. I'm not sure if its memory foam but does spring back to the original form if pushed.

On a last point I've not had the chance to measure my head yet.

Jimmypie I just got the same lid as you did, but I don't think it is the emerson brand. I took some pictures and after this quarter is over I will try to get a short review going. I think I would want to split off your posts as a new topic to better compare the two brands for people that want to know...

interesting, now mine didnt come in an emerson box like cplhicks did, but i just assumed theyd removed it for packaging or maybe they shouldnt be selling it?

what makes you think its different? im more than happy to start a new thread,but didnt want to initially ,i just assumed they were all coming from the same factory,

my "compare the OpsCore" has been delayed till thursday night (my fault,stupid work) .

Edit, your right, looking closer at Cplhicks photos, the internal pads are different, didnt notice before......

Edited by Jimmypie

I know. But the ear protection on mine (on one of my colleagues) interacts with the ear protection in bad way. Its cold here so we use fleece caps under :)

Or maybe our heads are wrong :) different...

Anyone with the answer to the question? I just want to be sure before buying the thing. Thank you.

Is this a replica MICH? Or sized wrong for your head? There's no reason a Bowman should have issues in a MICH. I wear one sometimes, other times I wear my Sordins, both work fine (although the Sordins do get uncomfortable after a few hours).

Probably my English language is "broken". I just wanted to clear the qeuestion - did people tried Bowman style headsets with replica of OPS Core helmet by Emerson?

Not intended to creat buzz about the problem of using Bowman with Mich

Thank you. Your aswer is full! :) I will look at purchasing this item as soon as we have clear information on which OPS-Core replica is which and which is better :)

Well I think I can safely say yes they work well. I use my Bowman headset with my helmet, I have found all comms much more comfortable with the Ops Core style pads. These helmets are the same for the most part so I cannot see any issue.

I even took a couple pics for you:

Jimmypie I just got the same lid as you did, but I don't think it is the emerson brand. I took some pictures and after this quarter is over I will try to get a short review going. I think I would want to split off your posts as a new topic to better compare the two brands for people that want to know...

pics here, http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/200998-jk-army-opscore-base-jump-vs-genuine-opscore-base-jump-picture-heavy/

Jimmypie,

you did mention somewhere that there are 2 versions of OPS CORE replica helmets. The one made by Emerson and the one without full trades. Ebairsoft says it is made by G Weekend Warrior (what ever that is).

Do you (or anybody) can comment in difference in quality or otjher. Cause I only see the difference in price and trademarks :)

Looking forward for some info!

J.J.

• 3 months later...