Back to Blighty

number47

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but I couldn't find one more relevant.

Anyway, I will be returning to the UK early next year after 6 years living abroad. Was a collector/occaisional skirmisher prior to leaving and have played a bit while abroad (Czech Republic).

Obviously I have have been away since the whole VCRA nonsense so upon my return will need to get UKARA registered and so I am looking for a team/site to join.

I will be moving to the Bristol/Bath area and I am looking for a team that will be understanding of my work commitments (I will not be able to play on a regular basis) and that doesn't take itself or the game too seriously.

I would also appreciate some advice on reccommended skirmish sites in the area.

I look forward to hearing from anyone in the area who's looking for a new teammate.

Many thanks

Number 47

I will be moving to the Bristol/Bath area and I am looking for a team that will be understanding of my work commitments (I will not be able to play on a regular basis) and that doesn't take itself or the game too seriously.

I would also appreciate some advice on reccommended skirmish sites in the area.

Join me, i take nothing seriously gaming wise, live near Bristol and game when i can with others, rather than try to make it every other weekend alone. :P

As for sites in the area:

Local: Ultimate Airsoft at Lulsgate (not bad but needs better management), Bristol Airsoft at Bristol City Centre Courthouse (good indoor fun but needs work done to it).

Nearby (within one hour): Dragon Valley, Wales (amazing, go play it ASAP), EXA, Swindon (good site, needs more buildings / cover though), Warminster Airsoft (only one i haven't tried yet, heard good things though).

There are others but they are a little further away, like The Mall at Reading.

'FireKnife'

Join fireknife at your peril, he will probably try to have sex with you at some point. He is trying his best to sleep with everyone he comes into contact with...

And then convince them that the only thing you need to skirmish with is a TM .45 :P

Joking aside, welcome back to the big brother state!

Join fireknife at your peril, he will probably try to have sex with you at some point. He is trying his best to sleep with everyone he comes into contact with...

And then convince them that the only thing you need to skirmish with is a TM .45

I have limits and standards, plus i also for once have a regular sexual partner, dirty one that she is :P

But yes, if we all had 1911s it would be much better, no hi-cap spraying for one :D

'FireKnife'

@number47: how come you want to join a team?

I would have thought it would not matter all that much. If you genuinely have no contacts at all here in the UK these days then I guess you may feel a little bit 'larry-ish' but for the most part I wouldn't worry about it. Just turn up at a site you like the sound of and try to make friends once you get there. Chances are you won't become part of a team but you'll probably develop a network of a dozen or so friendly blokes who you like to play alongside and at least one or two of them is going to be at the site whenever you go.

Btw, you say that you'll be coming to the Bristol/Bath area, is that where you are from originally?

EDIT: P.s. May I suggest you come along to the Jan 29th game at Ultimate Airsoft (near Bristol Airport). Its supposed to be some kind of special game with a few different elements including no hicaps. So if you like that kind of thing just let me know - you can tag along with me so you don't feel alone :)

To all those who replied - thanks for the info. Apologies for the slow reply, away on business.

Anyways, fireknife - thanks for the offer, will probably take you up on that. I may have found a kindred spirit as I rarely play with AEGs these days and more often just bring my trusty KSC MP7 and a couple of .45 flavoured GBBs (1911's of course!)

Kenworth - I'm from the Bath/Bristol area originally but moved away some time time ago. Now back with work so I know the area and still have relatives there.

As for the other Fireknife 'offer' - i'll check with the missus but I think she'd only be interested in a threesome if it involved Michael Buble :unsure:

Current plans suggest I won't be back until Feb earliest so the Ultimate Airsoft event will be out, hey ho.

Many thanks

Number 47

Anyways, fireknife - thanks for the offer, will probably take you up on that. I may have found a kindred spirit as I rarely play with AEGs these days and more often just bring my trusty KSC MP7 and a couple of .45 flavoured GBBs (1911's of course!)

Good to hear, however i am back to electric for outdoors at the moment due to the weather but when cash and outdoors permit (or if i play indoors) the pistols will be out again.

As for the other Fireknife 'offer' - i'll check with the missus but I think she'd only be interested in a threesome if it involved Michael Buble

Buble? And you are with her why? :P

Either way send us a PM when you have worked your way back over to the UK, sure we can sort a game or two out and i see myself being in this area for the forseeable future.

'FireKnife'

Archived