Palco Firepower , NBB CO2 USP

Time to drop a very short review.

I saw this advertised on Action Hobbies site, in their sale for £34.99 , Initially thought , eww thats hideous!

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Palco-Firepower-USP-CO2-Airsoft-Pistol_AZJSD.aspx?2

But then I got to thinking, time for a winter project...

2011-11-30181048.jpg

This is a very cheap NBB, very plasticy ( not that bothered , I love my TM MK23!) , but comes with a pistol mag speedloader (with pistol adapter)

worth about £7 , and a spare front sight (fibre optic , dovetailed like a hicapa front sight) and a horrible moulded orange barrel tip.

The packaging says approx 150 shots per co2 capsule, I've had maybe 4-5 mags out of one capsule, and is shoots at a reasonable 310 fps

with 0.2gs , about 277fps with 0.28g guarder HPM's.

This is actually field stripable , and the slide locks back (manually!) to show the open breach.

2011-11-30181115.jpg

2011-11-30181219.jpg

Now on to the shooting,

firing at a target at the end of my garage, the grouping was around 1" for a whole mag of 18 rounds (cleaned barrel , guarder 0.28's)

hmm, not bad , but that orange tip had to go , and I wanted a small silencer for my "mini MK23" out with the hacksaw...

2011-12-03093926.jpg

metal threaded barrel off a damaged Kart M14 EBR Outer barrel, fits perfectly.

2011-12-03094039.jpg

Hey presto!.

Am I pleased with my purchase? , damn right , £35 for a skirmishable all year round sidearm!

Firing the modded pistol over the longest range I have at home,

(about 19 paces - from the hallway, across the living room and the length of my back garden) grouping was about six inches!

Oh yeah , forgot to say , all groups shot single action with 0.28's (thumb cocking the hammer, very light pull for a NBB) ,

double action is a little harder than a TM MK23 but shorter pull length and very smooth.

I will probably buy another , just for a spare mag , and another speed loader, and spare parts etc.

One last thing, forgot to mention , it fits nicely in a serpa for a USP compact (a little loose if anything)

Jim