Daily/weekly digests should now be working

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Arnie,

I think there is still an issue with the daily digest. They don't seem to update once the first set of daily digests came out. For example, I've been subscribed to a number of threads like the BF3 and TM SOPMOD Review thread and they generally have at least a post a day. Yet after the massive influx of daily digests on the day that the 'no daily digest' issue was fixed I have never received another daily digest for those threads since. All I've been getting are a few daily digests from the ones I've subscribed to recently and they also exhibit the same problem (like with the How's my CV thread on the Off Topic section, shmook wrote a reply today and my daily digests didn't register it when I subscribed to the thread when it was first created by Misfit. The only daily digest I had was for Scuffer's reply).

Anyway, can you please check out the issue for me? Thanks again! :D

Can you forward to me by email all the digests you've had? Can you also give me a list of your subscriptions?

I think what you're describing is that you're not getting a digest after the first email?

Yup, I'm not getting any more digests after the first email.

Anyway, I've subscribed to a lot and the large influx of digests after the initial problem was fixed was around 49 digests, and after that I only had about a total of 10 digests up to today.

I'll see if I can group them all and send it to you within 24 hrs (all my digests from 8th till now) and all my subscribed threads. Is there a quick way for me to copy + paste all the subscribed thread names for you? I might be going through some 8-10 pages in "content I follow" if I were to copy and paste the thread titles to you; I want to see if there is a way to speed up my process of giving you the list of my subscriptions.

Thanks again!

Frontiers: you should only be getting digests for forums or topics you subscribe to yourself. The forum will automatically subscribe you to a thread you post in to tell you that there's been a reply.

Here's some helpful links:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

^ that's how you can manage how things happen

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=followed

^here you can see what you've subscribed to and remove them if you want

Did you suddenly get a heap of emails? If so sorry about that, this was caused when the techs fixed the bug which was causing a backlog.

Hi Arnie,

Sorry I'll need to take a bit more time to collect all the thread titles and daily digests that I've received since Dec 8th for you. Should be done by today. Thanks again!

Sorry, can't edit my post above.

Arnie, I've sent you an email at arnie@arniesairsoft.co.uk with a doc. file containing my list of daily digests since Dec 8th and my subscription list.

Thanks again for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting that too, sporadic daily digests.

However; I like to have my daily digests coming in (and I've subscribed to quite a few popular threads here) so I should get at least 3-5 per day (the SOPMOD and BF3 threads are probably the only ones I can think of on top of my head that has daily posts) but I'm not getting those every day. I had one daily digest today that seemed to have caught up with the last one that I had on the SOPMOD thread back in Dec 8th, same with the BF3 one.

The system is still wonky compared to the few weeks before Dec 8th where there were no daily digests for me at all.

Anyway I hope Arnie can fix it soon after the holidays :P Thanks again! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Okay the techs are working on it and have found at least one issue. Are digests now appearing on time for people with the correct content?

There are other suspected issues (such as people not being able to unsubscribe), which are also being looked at.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.