Daily/weekly digests should now be working

Hi Arnie,

I had 30 Daily Digests yesterday, from HKT 3:11pm to 3:27pm. In general my old daily digests came in at around 8-9pm in the morning on HK time.

Perhaps I'll wait just 1 more day to see if the problems are fixed? I dunno whether the plethora of daily digests last night (seems like for everyone else) really fixed the problem once and for all or would the same problem persist like the last fix that was done.

Anyway, I'll report back tomorrow :P Thanks again for following up on the issue!

In that case that might explain why I only received 1 daily digest (HK Toy Fair) today at 8:11am HKT. The timing of this daily digest is in line with my old ones, but I guess the other daily digests didn't come in because they were already covered in the 30 daily digests I got beforehand. Anyway, today's daily digest doesn't 100% convince me that it's fixed but I'd assume it is :P Anyway, if I still see problems I'll write another post here.

Thanks again Arnie :D

Edited by intinerious

Digests should all be up to date now. Has anyone experienced any other issues? If you're getting digests for things you've not subscribed to I need to know specifics to fix it.

The problem was the amount of digests we had going out for users. It has been increased so this should now be fixed.

I only had 1 daily digest today from the HK Toy Fair 2012. Now the thing is the last post in the thread was on Jan 18th, a week ago exactly.

I don't seem to be receiving much from some of the more popular threads like the BF3 thread and the SOPMOD thread. Although I'm getting back a daily influx of digests they seem to be lacking compared to the situation before the forum software changes and today's digest seem to show that there's still some latent defects in the digests system.

Arnie, can you please help me look into this? Thanks! :P

Do you need all of them?

Here's one from today:

"First look at the H.K 3Px4 GBB"

Date sent:

28 January 2012 08:12 HKT

Last reply (checked today):

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

(Not sure whether I've set the time zone on my profile, can someone please tell me how to check?)

Here's a few more:

"FN SCAR Picture thread"

Date sent:

28 January 2012 08:12 HKT

Last reply (checked today):

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

"The HK 416 GBBR by VFC"

Date sent: 27 January 2012 08:11 HKT

Last reply (on daily digest):

Jan 25 2012 07:17 PM

"WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine"

Date sent: 27 January 2012 08:11 HKT

Last reply (on daily digest):

Jan 23 2012 11:15 AM

Hope this helps!

They had to up the number of emails going out again.

This is an issue for them with the code and boards as large as ours. They are going to approach how things are programmed differently in a new release. I rather hope it'll be fixed in 3.3.

I am going to see if there's a way to highlight obviously dormant accounts and disable their notifications to save on resources. It'll reduce a heap of emails that go out.

Well I only had 2 digests today and for sure I'm missing some from the big threads on this forum like the ACR review thread.

I guess the issue's still not entirely fixed :D

Any idea as to when the current version of the forums will be upgraded to 3.3? I'm not too anxious about getting my daily digests back now ever since the whole issue started (kinda got used to it :P) but it'll be nice if you can provide us an estimated date until the issue's been (hopefully) resolved at the core programming of the forums :P

Thanks again for the quick update! :)

The current issue is that the digests are emails that are meant to be sent out and they get backlogged as there are some many to send. This results in delayed digests going out. (hence why it's fixed there's a huge spurt of emails).

They've upped the limit for me which should fix things in the short term. The overall issue will be addressed in a future release of the forum software.

Double checked and my notifications are definitely still at 'None' for threads I've posted in, got 9 digests today though.

Looking at them, they're all for threads that I have posted in at some point, but not for a while. Don't get them for threads I've posted in very recently.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.