New to the forum and new to airsoft

Hi, just thought I'd pop in a quick introduction before i start browsing the forum :)

I'm 20, from West Yorkshire but I live in Dundee.

Done airsofting once before at Ferrybridge and loved it, but moved to university since then. Really wanting to start properly so hoping to find a club and join up soon!

Greetings Noob ;) lookup airsoftmap to find the places near you, do you have any kit yet (obviously not guns)?

:D Thanks, I will do. I've not really got anything tbh, besides some greens to wear whilst airsofting. I'm gonna be buying all the necessary gear in January, till then I'm gonna be hiring from the club hopefully.

wellcome, there are a fare few airsofters in Dundee. Hot me up with a PM if you need any info.

Thanks a lot! :)

I've got my boots sorted, got some karrimor hiking boots ( I enjoy hiking :D ).

Yeah I've found the look I want to go for, found some nice vests etc, i'll ask around and find out which ones are the best to buy.

I'm wanting to get an AEG, something relatively cheap. Anything like an M4A1 or G36C would be ideal.

Cheers

Yeah SAS would be ideal but I'll settle for anything British Army style lol. I played at a woodland site.

PS. My uncle plays at a site in Leeds, I can also join up there as I've enquired and they said it's fine if I can't make it to every game, just enough games a year to keep my membership with the site and with UKARA going. Don't know whether to go for Ferrybridge or Dundee now lol.

Edit: What store would you recommend for buying all the gear? I'd prefer online if possible.

Plenty of places online, for guns, etc I would recommend Airsoft Armoury or Firesupport, Action Hobbies are quite good also. (avoid Zero One and Wolf Armouries purely on cost). You can order Guns from overseas (uncompany.com, ehobbyasia.com, etc but they may be delayed even when you have your defence against the VCRA). I have bought kit from UK Tactical, the Warrior Assualt kit is designed with inout from UK SF units and is extrememly hard wearing, comfortable and not too expensive considering the rubbish alternatives. Avoid Viper kit like the plague! and don't buy any of the cheap £35-40 Assault vests, again I learnt from experience how rubbish they really are.

I've also used Baseline supplies for clothing. In fact the claw gear stalker mk2 trousers in black would be great for you, although a tad expensive, trust me they are well worth the money.

Finding a replica helmet might be a problem for you, you might have to settle for a replica MICH 2001, finding a replica AC900 or even an AC800 would be difficult to impossible I would imagine,

For magazines and accessories for your guns I would say shop around, EBairsoft can do some good stuff and although you might wait two to three weeks for it to arrive, the price is well worth it (they include the shipping in their online prices).

If you need any advice or want an opinion on anything, drop me a line.

G&P and Classic Army both look very good. Unfortunately TM SOPMOD is too far out of my current budget lol. I think I'm gonna keep looking around, compile a list then condense that down to 2 or 3 potentials, then go from there. I shall let you know what I end up with :)

In all honesty G&P and Classic Army are about as good as it gets if you want your gun to last any amount of time before it has any issues, they also retain a fair amount of thier value for resale purposes, so when you decide to buy another gun (and you will) you can be sure to get something for your old one.

The Chinese clones just aren't worth the money in the long run and the other manufacturers tend to be too expensive for what you get or in the case of ICS can only be upgraded with ICS parts.

Have a look at the G&P Magpull M4. I got one awhile ago and it is a fine piece of kit, JD airsoft do a cqb one and Patrol Base do the same but carbine length, both at a very reduced price compared to others, Patrol Base throw in a free pmag as well.

Mine is just perfect.

If your from Leeds originally, have you visited Johnsons of Leeds? worth a look for all your clothing needs?

Best of anyway.

Archived