Airsoft PKM at Evike!

Agent47

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The funny thing is that TW forum still does not have any real info; but they used photo from evike.

My hoax-o-meter is going nuts. But, that can't be with Evike's stirling reputation...

Sigh, I really REALLY want a PKM and I would be willing to shell out over $500 for one, even with crappy internals (I would replace them regardless).

My hoax-o-meter is going nuts. But, that can't be with Evike's stirling reputation...

Sigh, I really REALLY want a PKM and I would be willing to shell out over $500 for one, even with crappy internals (I would replace them regardless).

$500 is almost enough for a full set of realsteel externals minus the receiver and barrel.

$500 is almost enough for a full set of realsteel externals minus the receiver and barrel.

Which are the meat and potatoes of the gun.

Then there's the work and tools that are needed to convert the platform to fit an airsoft gearbox and barrel/hop up.

A purpose-built platform is much more desirable. I'll even take the rails and polymer furniture. I'll just swap it all out like I would the guts of the gearbox.

An airsoft PKM is beyond epic. It could be painted pink for all I care, I'm willing to throw any amount of elbow grease into it just to use a PKM in airsoft.

And as for the bipod debate, I'm too busy mowing people down with my machine gun to waste time on deploying such things. :D

Which are the meat and potatoes of the gun.

Then there's the work and tools that are needed to convert the platform to fit an airsoft gearbox and barrel/hop up.

I remember a thread on RA.

The receiver is just enough to fit a M249 gearbox after you remove the inner rails.

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=18330.0

Just need the parts and decent gunsmith.

With that said; a realsteel-based PKM is going to eat my wallet. I hope A&K make the PKM at least mostly steel(barrel and receiver must be steel; every other part can be easily acquired, and probably easy to install as A&K measured dimensions from the realsteel).

Here you go: made by A&K on request by http://www.taiwangun.com/

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.290859810955636.62301.206336446074640&type=1

I think it looks good enough even for the crybabys here;)

Well that definitely gives it more credibility then Evike. Looks pretty good. I hope they come out with a wood stocked version as well

Why does everyone *badgeress* about modern accessories on AKs and PKMs? its a *fruitcage* firearm. Its made to *fruitcage* *suitcase* up, not look pretty. You want a work of art, buy a *fruitcage* vase you ....

I am just going to buy a fruitcage and put the gun in it; next to the suitcase and the badgeress.

Then I am still not going to be happy because that is way too many profanities.

Modern accesories are acceptable when the gun NEED some sort of bipod/foregrip/whatever. But putting rails onto PKM just to mount bipod and grip is dumb since PKM already has bipods which works like good foregrips.

OK, I have some more info:

It was the idea of Taiwangun to make the PKM. They supplied A&K with schematics for the PKM and non-essential parts (ie. grips, stock, ammo can, bipod) two years ago.

Release date - "Spring 2012".

Battery is in the mag, BBs are fed through the bottom of the gun (where the magazine latches onto the gun).

What you're seeing on the photos is the complete prototype. The final version will have proper-looking plastic parts.

http://www.wmasg.pl/pl/news/show/172553 - feast your eyes.

I may leave the thing externally stock just because it's so pretty (and can be used for more loadouts). If the bipod sh!ts the bed and I can't source a real replacement part, SOPMOD it is.

One of these PKMs is gonna get the BHI SOPMOD treatment when they ship. I've got the money set aside for the gun and already have a parts list draw up with sources for the rails and bolt on accessories. When I'm done its going to be more RIS than gun!!!

You should post pics and a how-to guide. I'm pretty stoked to see the results. :D

Archived