Tanaka silver Colt SAA Artillery

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:D:D:D:D:D:rocket: well I got mine on wednesday, and wohoooooooooooow.

F**** cool gun, shoots straight, no offside shots, and on green gas it is the mightiest off all :P .

I am definitly going to use it in skirmishes, muahahahha.

And it is reaaly a beautiful revolver and sexy :blush: .

First I had some problems with the gas filling, but I figured out that I had to fill it with the gascan upside down.no problems anymore, but still lose quite alot extra gas.

Anybody knows how to fill the revolver in a proper way?

thanks.

Ps. will post some pics soon off shooting tests and maybe also a video when I get my gunspinning right :)

Yea, fill it with the can upside down, and like I mentioned, I also have more spills than when I fill my GBBs (well, I have virtually no spills when I fill my GBBs), but the gas efficiency of the revolver kind of balanced it out. Just make sure you line everything up vertically.

Congratulations! Which model did you get by the way?

Special features, moderate damage, same thing, right?

And now that I've finished my Man with No Name poncho (through the use of an older baja blanket), I only need me some ivory grips.

Yes, ivory grips. :) As soon as my budget allows, I'd get myself some. Incidently, I think those ones sold at Jungletoy come with a wood grip and an ivory grip, maybe someone who bought one of those might source me one? :)

Ok, played some more, and the spring came out again,

SAArevolvemech.jpg

And this time, I dropped a drop of superglue on it, and let's see how long this will last.

Also tried to dissemble the cylinder, but without much success. This is as far as I got.

SAACylinder.jpg

When shaking that metal chunk sideways, there's a little rattle inside like something's loose inside, but can't open it. The rattle was there when I just bought it, but it seems it rattles slightly more now than before. Not sure. The gun still works like new (after I fix the spring), so I'll just leave the cylinder alone for now. :)

About the rattle--> mine rattles also a little bit, but i figured out that it where the fake shells, or the metallic plate on which they are attached.., as seen in you cylinder foto above.

Could it be that?

ps. nice spinning(practicing myself) :D

Edited by mike77
About the rattle--> mine rattles also a little bit, but i figured out that it where the fake shells, or the metallic plate on which they are atached.., as seen in you cilnder foto above.

Could it be that?

Nope, that's not it. The fake shell plates sits in the back of the cylinder pretty well. The rattle comes from that middle part of the cylinder, which I couldn't take apart and which houses the gas resovier and the pegasus system. It only rattles a bit when shaking sideways, not when shaking vertically though.

Shao, you can indeed open the Cylinder and the rattle is a part of the Pegasus system. A screw slowly loosens and the bracket its holding rattles. I think it actually did rattle all the way off for me once but it's not a terrible issue. I have locktite on all 3 3 of my SAA's on the screw I mentioned.

I take my SAA's apart quite a bit and though it's not easy, the cylinder can be disassembled. If I get a chance I can try to take photos....but I'm not due to "maintain" my SAA's as I haven't used them in acouple months.

Sorry....just 3 SAA's. You have to pry the back side of the cylinder off. Like I said, It's not easy the firt time because you think you'll break something, but it does eventually come off. Just be careful as there is an O-ring (that's the resistance) that could be damaged depending on the tool you use. I've just used a jewelers flat head until I have enough of a gap to go to a bigger one.