Tanaka silver Colt SAA Artillery

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still don't see how the can test is of any use, unless you get two identical cans, shoot one with the SAA and the other with a gun of known power. Even then, you still have to hit both cans in exactly the same spot to get a useful result.

:zorro:

Wouldn't you want to know if your gun shoots thru a can so you know its power? its not to compare with others(which you could do) but no other reason.. ;)

All right, mike, just for you, I finally drank one can of coke, and fired one round at side of the empty coke can about an inch away from the can using my SAA. The can is just a regular coke can sold at the US, the room temp is about 18 degrees C, using .2g BB, and 134a gas, and here's the result:

SAA134.jpg

The BB did not penetrate the side, but made a visible cut. According to this article, http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...ail?bulletID=34

that translates to just under 290 fps with .2g BB.

Green gas is usually 30% more powerful than 134a, so I'd expect one side penetration, but probably not both sides, so the muzzle velocity should be around 300 with green gas under similar room conditions. Snowman chroned his civ model, and has some numbers on his site. Feel free to check it out.

Here are a couple more shots under pretty much the same conditions.

SAA134a.jpg

SAA134buttom.jpg

Edited by Shao14

Well, looks like I slightly under-estimated the power of the SAA on green gas, it not only penetrated one side of a coke can, but also cleared the other side. :o

Shooting conditions: .2g BB, 20C, point blank range.

Regular Coke can bought in the US.

The entrance side of the can:

SAAgreenenter.jpg

The exit side of the can:

SAAgreenexit.jpg

It didn't penetrate the buttom, but made a cut on it:

SAAgreenbuttom.jpg

having just received mine, i couldn't help but put a couple dozen shots through it. And constantly twirling it while giggling like a schoolgirl on prom night.

I mean, practicing my fast draw. All manly like. yeah. Thats it.

Haha, "giggling like a schoolgirl on prom night" is not "manly like", ;) and instead, try to smirk like the guy who's with the schoolgirl on prom night. :D

My other guns are getting jealous of the SAA now. :P

If/when I get mine, I plan to wander round saying things like "What an ugle thing to say. I abhor ugliness. Does this mean we're not friends anymore? 'Cos if we weren't friends, I don't know if I could bear it." And "I beg to differ, sir." And possibly "I'm your Hucklebury. And that's just my game."

If/when I get mine, I plan to wander round saying things like "What an ugle thing to say. I abhor ugliness. Does this mean we're not friends anymore? 'Cos if we weren't friends, I don't know if I could bear it." And "I beg to differ, sir." And possibly "I'm your Hucklebury. And that's just my game."

And you should also say "I'm in my prime," "in vino veritas," and ask, "should I hate him?", and then say, "I'm sure of it, I hate him." And say it with a southern accent. :) *goess to look for a western hat on ebay* :whistling:

I was just foolin' about. :P

Well, I've shot mine with green for a few hundreds rounds, and haven't notice anything wrong. I really can't think of any reason why green gas would cause more strains on the gun than 134a gas. All the moving action such as cocking the gun, the cynlinder revolving are all done mechanically by hand, not by the gas. As long as the firing pin spring is strong enough to strike the valve to release the gas, it'll work.

On the side note, I notice there's a small clicking noise when I shake the gun horizontally, but not vertically. The noise seems to come from within the cylinder. I have not taken apart the cylinder, but I guess then the next time I take apart the frame, I'll take apart the cylinder too to pin point where this noise comes from. Anybody else who notice the clicking noise please feel free to comment.

Edited by Shao14

Yes Green doesn't appear to do much different... Although it is slightly louder than the 134a... So I assume fastor!

Now question... occasionally it appears BBs will fall out of the other cylinders as it rotates... I assume this is because they're not pressed past the hopup, but this are ones that are autoloaded. Suggestions?

Yes Green doesn't appear to do much different... Although it is slightly louder than the 134a... So I assume fastor!

Now question... occasionally it appears BBs will fall out of the other cylinders as it rotates... I assume this is because they're not pressed past the hopup, but this are ones that are autoloaded. Suggestions?

Yes, green gas gives a much higher muzzle velocity (see the coke can test in last page).

Never happened to me. Two possible causes: 1, the loader spring is not strong enough to push the BB into the cylinder all the way. 2, the rubber bucking in the cylinder is bad and can not retain the BB in it.