Tokyo Marui M4 Recce Electric Blowback

Many thanks for the cracking review, have to say I'd love to get my hands on one of those adaptors too!

A mate of mine tried to adapt a regular lipo onto the head of a defunct 8.4v pack but it kept shorting out (which in lipo terms means fire proof bag time!)

Many thanks for the cracking review, have to say I'd love to get my hands on one of those adaptors too!

A mate of mine tried to adapt a regular lipo onto the head of a defunct 8.4v pack but it kept shorting out (which in lipo terms means fire proof bag time!)

I shipped a few off to folks when I first offered. It looks like the maker is out of them now, but PM me if you want me to try and hook you uo when he gets a new batch in.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking about switching my RIS to a Daniel Defense MK18 and had a question. My friend put one on his M4 Sopmod but needed an adaptor to fit it because the marui threading isn't standard. I'm assuming that the Recce is the same receiver as the Sopmod? So I should need an adaptor?

My buddy had a good question, since the Recce has a Daniel Defense RIS but its Marui made so I'd imagine that they probably cut the threads to their standard and not the industry standard. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

I am pretty sure that Marui is using a Madbull version that they have licensed. I tried to put a madbull version on my SOPMOD before I bought the RECCE, and it would have fit fine except that the distance between the receiver and the barrel nut was too wide and it would secure tightly. I didn't have any spacers, but if I had I am pretty usre it would have fit. There are pictures in the SOPMOD thread with people that have mounted the DD as well, so I am pretty sure it fits.