KWA M93R Maintenance

futbolpunk

I just got my KWA M93R (w00t!), but I was dissapointed when I found no manual with it. After searching this site and google, I found nothing on the subject.

Does anyone know of any maintenace guides or online scans of the manual? This is my first GBB so I'm lacking in the knowledge of them, and I don't want to start taking it apart without knowing what I'm doing. I need to adjust the hop-up.

Also, is it normal to NOT be able to unload a whole standard magazine on semi?? :huh:

Thanks for your help, and +1 for helpful posts! :D

Not storing enough gas for a mag can be the result of firing to fast, but i would not of thought so on a full auto gun...

You should be able to take it down with out damage (tactical takedown).

If it is the same as a M92F you have to

1. Push and hold the button on the right hand side (barrel away from you).

2. On the opposite side swing the catch down (not the slide release)

3. remove mag

4. the slide should move off forwards under little pressure.

Hope that helps

Farry

I've emptied about 10 mags with it, and even waiting 2-4 seconds between shots, I was only able to get a complete mag once, and that was BARELY.

I am a complete n00b when it comes to GBB, so please don't flame me... If I wanted more power out of my gun (since there is a significant drop in power after the first 3 shots,) could I use red gas? I am using TOP now, and it's just not powerful enough. Also, if I did use red gas and anything broke (probably the O-rings since I allready have a metal slide), would it be in the magazine or the gun itself?

Actualy, I just checked my folder. I have the KSC m93r ver.1 manual in Japanese and the KWA m93r II manual in English. If you need either let me know. I have never used red gas but unless you add a metal frame I wouldn't suggest it from what I have heard....however, since I have two of them, hmmm......I just shot both in my office with about a two second delay between shots with HFC Green Gas. I got 43 shots on my metal slide m93r and 54 on my plastic slide m93r. I need to make an order for gas and bb's this week and I think I'll try the red gas. I'll post with results next week.

You're a brave, brave soul!!

So you think that if anything failed, it would be in the gun itself? If it would most likely be the magazine I would definately go for it since I could get a replacement for under $50, but I don't want to risk losing my brand new baby!!

Please, please let me know how the red gas works.

Hey there fella's.

Read your discussion with interest. I just recieved my KSC M93R last week which BTW is my first GBB and indeed my first Airsoft Weapon.

I thought I would post my observations and personal experiences in the hope they may assist.

First off, congratulations as you have made a very astute choice in purchasing this model.

I researched for months before choosing this weapon and compared and contrasted it to many other classes and manufacturers before choosing it.

If you just picked it out of a hat then bully for you, you lucky devil!!! It is a very well made and "true to the original" replica.

There are enough upgrades and accessories to keep nOObs like us busy for long enough. Although it should be noted that there are far more upgradeable pistols out there, few would hold your interest for long after owning one of these beauties!!

A few have even compared this particular model to Western Arms replicas in terms of reliabilty, quality and overall "realism", which for those of you who don't know is high praise indeed.

For the record, I cannot stop picking up this gun and firing it!!! I have put approx 1000 rounds through my M93R using Propane Gas and the Airsoft Innovations Adaptor.

If you don't know what this is then you better get to know and be sharp about it!!! To save you a few precious seconds I have the link right here:-

http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/

And just navigate to the Adaptor pages. The site in general is great and very informative.

I am happy to report that despite being nervous of using propane in my new baby at first for fear of destroying it!!! There have been no problems thus far and the weapon really doesn't seem to be under any undue pressure at all.

Having said that there are longer term implications of doing this and so you follow in my footsteps at your own risk!!!! If this changes I will let you know, as I don't mind being the guinea pig. (but it rocks and rocks and rocks!!!)

I had a double feed problem very early on. This is where the gun basically attempts to feed more than one bb into the chamber at a time.

I then discovered that this was caused by using the speedloader (the little brass tube and plastic pushrod included with your pistol). This is supposed to save time in loading your mag.

Because the M93R uses a double stack magazine, it is important that the BB's are alternated properly in the mag and I found that the speedloader has a tendancy to stack them wrong, so I now load my mags by hand, one BB at a time. This is not all that much slower than using the loader and enables you to check each BB falls correctly.

This is especially important when the gun is used in automatic mode as the action is so fast, the BB feed must run like clock work.

I read that using propane causes dramatic cooldown effects and did find this to be true to a certain extent. That is if you try to empty a whole mag on full auto, the rate of fire slows down towards the end of your mags capacity.

Don't know how this compares to standard gas (HFC 134A) as I have never used it!!

By the Way 'Punk, don't be afraid to fill your mag properly. You will probably read here and there that a 2 second burst of gas or a 3 second burst of gas is all you need.

But the M93R is naturally a gas greedy gun, using more than most, particularly in burst and auto modes. So fill your mag RIGHT UP! You'll know when its full cos gas will spout back from the fill valve.

I mean it takes about 5 seconds cos these mags are relativley big.

Then let it warm a little since the filling action cools your mag and reduces power output due to the cool down effect.

Other than that this wep has been perfectly well mannered and truly awesome to fire.

My brother has a SKIF Anics 3000 Co2 pistol, which is what insired me to get this wep in the first place. Although the C02 gun is way more powerful, it just doesn't have the ability to put a big stoopid grin on your face like the M93 R can!!!!

I will try to attach a video of me firing the gun using propane so you can see I am not talking poo. It really does seem to be okay and don't forget also that the temperatures over the last few days have been high too and still everything seems fine.

I think there seem to be a lot of myth and legend about the use of high powered gases but my experience is that there really is nowt to be worried about.

Any veterans out there wanna put me straight then please do so as I don't want to be responsible for wrecking some guys new gun cos he took my advice!!

Hope this helps and thanks for reading if you got this far!!!!! :Zzz::Zzz::Zzz:

:D:D:D

I think you may be doing something i did wrong to start off with.

*Remember to turn the mag upside down to load the gas*

It may take 10 or more seconds to load the gas but it is not full until it starts coming out of the nozzle.

cheers. H&K

I've got the KSC 93rII with plastic slide and I have no problems going through a full mag on semi or burst. These mags are big and as stated, inject the gas until it vents back out to make sure it's full. I only use 134a and it works fine on that.

I keep meaning to order a metal slide and barrel, but I haven't got around to it yet. With the metal slide 134a is sluggish and propane works better.

These guns do take a few hundred rounds to break in though.

I've got the KSC 93rII with plastic slide and I have no problems going through a full mag on semi or burst. These mags are big and as stated, inject the gas until it vents back out to make sure it's full. I only use 134a and it works fine on that.

I keep meaning to order a metal slide and barrel, but I haven't got around to it yet. With the metal slide 134a is sluggish and propane works better.

These guns do take a few hundred rounds to break in though.

So with this metal slide/barrel upgrade are you going to need a better recoil spring to give your gas a helping hand pushing back the hefty new slide.

Found one by Firefly looks like it might be of use.

So with this metal slide/barrel upgrade are you going to need a better recoil spring to give your gas a helping hand pushing back the hefty new slide.

Found one by Firefly looks like it might be of use.

Just to point out that the spring does not HELP the gas to move the slide back but rather it returns the slide back to the starting position after firing, ready for a fresh cycle. The stronger spring upgrade by firefly will give you back a quick return on the slide, which will be slowed down slightly by the increased rearward momentum of the new heavier slide. This will manifest itself in a reduced ROF (rate of fire) particularly in auto and burst modes.

To HELP move the slide backwards in the first place you need more GAS, and you achieve this by fitting high flow valves to your mags, and to go even further upgraded (high flow) blowback engine parts to your weapon.

The combination of these upgrades will also be well complimented by the use of a stronger gas, which your weapon will now be more than capable of handling due to the metal slide upgrade, namely HFC22 more commonly known as propane gas.

Take a look at this site for a good range of Upgrade parts for most weapons:

www.dentrinityshop.com

......KWA m93r II manual in English. .....red gas. I'll post with results next week.

PLEASE can i have the manual plz plz i need it to

and if you use red gas, ur gun will explode. i am surprised that it managed to survive green gas

M93r = the most stylish pistol ever.

tohn travolta was an exelent supporting actor to the M93r in the film "broken arrow"

Have not got the red gas yet. I can't seem to find a site that sells it. I followed a link from another site but it looks like green gas in just a red can, it even said "green gas" on the can! I would still like to try it though. No pain, no gain! You also have a PM on the manual. Cheers! :D Oh, the m93r II handles green gas like a champ, even with the plastic slide.

there are 4 MAIN types of gas

134A (the workhorse of gas guns)

ultra (only made by one company (TM??) a ballence btween 134A and green)

green (the gas of choice for idionts and the power crazy(not ever recommended))

red (the 'hard drug' that green is a stepping stone for, the most powerfull airsoft gas and only for REALLY upgraded guns)

:P

p.s. my M93R is by KSC not KWA. what does that mean in terms of the manual

(...)

green (the gas of choice for idionts and the power crazy(not ever recommended)) (...)

p.s. my M93R is by KSC not  KWA. what does that mean in terms of the manual

I disagree there. While I wouldn't recommend Green on any stock, plastic slide gun (and I do mean any, regardless of brand, especially WAs), in certain weather conditions, HFC134a just won't cut it and Ultra isn't that far off from Green Gas.

If you live in a place where cold weather (10º and under) is regular, I'd recommend use of Green Gas rather than HFC134a or Ultra.

About the manual... the original KSC one will most likely be identical to the KWA manual. KWA/KSC are the same internally (and most of the time externally, minus in the US where KWAs tend to not have any trademarks) and I've seen KWA replicas shipped with KSC manuals... but I've also seen KWAs shipped without any manuals! :blink:

Long story short: Don't worry, the manual should be identical to the KSC one and your gun is identical to the KWA as well in terms of both internals and externals.

Archived