http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snTtSweNVvQ

One thing I did forget to mention was the side/arm pit zip. These actually run all the way from the base of the jacket right up to the underarms, on both sides, with a waterproof layer fully covering up both.

Again, as mentioned in the description, I can only apologise about the continual noise of rain hitting plastic. It was the only way I could complete this without wasting a couple of hundred pounds of Samsung HD camcorder. Overall I think it was worth it though, the footage really doesn't actually show the full extent of the rain. My hair looks as dry at the end as it does at the beginning, let me assure you that was far from the case however.

An additional note to the drying properties of the jacket: Unlike Gore-Tex, softshells don't entirely stop water from entering the outer layer, it won't bead up and just roll off. However, even though the rain did seep in slightly, I hung the jacket up in a room at a fairly standard temperature and it was dry as a bone again within a couple of minutes.

Also impressive was the ease of removal and re-attachment of the hood, just a couple of press studs and it's back on there.

Any questions, comments or feedback of any kind anybody might have at all, please do let me know.

Good review CK, very insightful.

I've had mine for about a year now, in black. I wear it to the office sometimes, once on the Tube I got a glance from another passenger and then a nod of acknowledgement, probably another Airsofter :D

However, I wore it to a skirmish once, never again. Maybe I'm a Sweaty Betty but I was literally drenched whilst running around in the thing.

It was a cool spring day, outside temp was about 6c and I only wore a T Shirt underneath.

Other than that, as a jacket for cool temperatures outside, this is bang on for the money.

Good review CK, very insightful.

I've had mine for about a year now, in black. I wear it to the office sometimes, once on the Tube I got a glance from another passenger and then a nod of acknowledgement, probably another Airsofter :D

Cheers, though that guy may well have been military and was giving you 'that' nod. :P Trust me when you get used to spotting the little signs there's more forces guys out and about at any given time than people realise, after I'd been in a few months it gave me a very different view on things every time I got on a train, you just start spotting issue holdalls and rucksacks all over, heh.

However, I wore it to a skirmish once, never again. Maybe I'm a Sweaty Betty but I was literally drenched whilst running around in the thing.

It was a cool spring day, outside temp was about 6c and I only wore a T Shirt underneath.

Oh yeah absolutely, I've never worn a shell to a skirmish but I always see people do it and wonder how they manage. Hell I'll wear a UBACS in the winter under a PC, if it gets really cold I'll switch to a t-shirt and a camo lightweight jacket, but that's the most layers I've ever needed for my torso.