Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, just nice.

Anyway what made me happy? Being told by a girl i met that her idea of fun is trying to thrash me at the Xbox followed by a bit of shared character development on Fallout 3 then some pistol shooting, that and some head and a nice lay ;)

'FireKnife'

Well i am honst about it, plus why is it all such a big thing to discuss it? Didn't that principle die out with all the other pre-60's conventions :P

Also what else makes me happy today? Knowing that i am one step closer to parental freedom, that and knowing that i could very well have a small, up close site in the works with the possiblity of it doubling as a range to interest others into the hobby.

'FireKnife'

True, but I was only thinking of the children when sex is being discussed.

:unsure:

:P

And thanks regarding the site, it is just a pain that i don't have the kind of audience to appeal to that i would in other areas, plus what on Earth would a site run by me be like? Will have to do an Arnies special weekend, massive reductions on members entry fees, if they can actually get up here to Aberdeen to attend ;)

'FireKnife'

Also, I asked my girlfriend to marry me tonight. She said yes, and I'm over the moon!

Congratulations, Buddy. Welcome to the wonderful world of wedding magazines all over the place, getting asked constantly to look at wedding invitations, wedding venues, wedding dresses, wedding cakes, wedding cars, wedding flowers............ The list goes on. And you have to look like you care about every last thing or you get in trouble.

When's the big day? From what I can gather, it takes at least two years to plan a decent wedding, all the good venues (and photographers, florists, make-up artists, caterers, everything) book at least a year in advance...

All this reminds me of is the Ed Byrne take on weddings, that whole 'greatest day of your life' being thrown around when you ask 'how much?' etc :P

However saying that i want my wedding, if one ever occurs, to be something so mind blowingly worryingly good that no-one will forget it, if it truly is the best day of your life, do it in style ;) I mean why not have a wedding with the bride and groom abseiling down a cliff during the vow readings or the groom having to fight through a horde of people to rescue his bride, seriously why not? :P

'FireKnife'

All this reminds me of is the Ed Byrne take on weddings, that whole 'greatest day of your life' being thrown around when you ask 'how much?' etc :P

However saying that i want my wedding, if one ever occurs, to be something so mind blowingly worryingly good that no-one will forget it, if it truly is the best day of your life, do it in style ;) I mean why not have a wedding with the bride and groom abseiling down a cliff during the vow readings or the groom having to fight through a horde of people to rescue his bride, seriously why not? :P

'FireKnife'

Cause the brides mum would make your life a living hell for the rest of you existence...

I had my ceremony during a break in 100 person airsofting event. Afterwards the missus and I went to the justice of the peace and there you have it. Was cheap too!

And on topic, knowing I get to sling plastic on Sunday after working a double Saturday making me smile all day!

I'm working on ten years of together with mine. I guess that makes me smile. As well as the fact that she's into this airsofting disease that I have.

I swear on my mum's grave, my wife was supposed to be my first ever one night stand....long freaking night indeed! She moved in the same weekend. It's always when your not looking when it come's up and bites you on your *albartroth*!

Cause the brides mum would make your life a living hell for the rest of you existence...

I had my ceremony during a break in 100 person airsofting event. Afterwards the missus and I went to the justice of the peace and there you have it. Was cheap too!

That is awesome. Not sure my missus would like that, though. On the other hand, she really got into the zombie games I took her to.... :D

I swear on my mum's grave, my wife was supposed to be my first ever one night stand....long freaking night indeed! She moved in the same weekend. It's always when your not looking when it come's up and bites you on your *albartroth*!

Completely true. I was just trying to get laid before I shipped out to Afghan. Somehow we stuck together through six months of my being in a war-torn desert hell-hole and another six months of her living with me and now we're engaged. NEVER would have thought that'd happen...

I really want to put what has made me happy but i think i will be banned :P

So you can settle for the non-crude half. This girl i am seeing can actually match me on L4D and is doing pretty well on picking up the games i like as well as what she has too. Plus bonus point, she can't stand Halo and when bored decides to cook nice things, waking up to bacon and French toast is just win. :P

'FireKnife'

When it is up and running you are all welcome, and if you can prove you are the person that matches your user tag on here, a system will be setup, you will get free entry and a free breakfast to a weekender :P.

Now to set up the site and get the grill on ;)

'FireKnife'

Congratulations, Buddy. Welcome to the wonderful world of wedding magazines all over the place, getting asked constantly to look at wedding invitations, wedding venues, wedding dresses, wedding cakes, wedding cars, wedding flowers............ The list goes on. And you have to look like you care about every last thing or you get in trouble.

When's the big day? From what I can gather, it takes at least two years to plan a decent wedding, all the good venues (and photographers, florists, make-up artists, caterers, everything) book at least a year in advance...

Cheers!

It's a bit more simplefor me/us. She has been married before, so has most of that out of her system. Factor in that we are in our early 30's, just bought a house that needs a ton of cash throwing at it, we are going for a quick, simple wedding. We are looking at the end of this year.

As long as we have family and close friends at the wedding/breakfast, and a decent sized venue for everyone to get shitfaced at night (which is the only reason most of the guests go!) we will be happy.

We want kids, but I want to be married before we start trying. I know that means nothing to some people, and that's fine, but it's how I feel :)

When it is up and running you are all welcome, and if you can prove you are the person that matches your user tag on here, a system will be setup, you will get free entry and a free breakfast to a weekender :P.

Now to set up the site and get the grill on ;)

'FireKnife'

How's my driving license for proof? Scorch is my middle name. ;)

I've got a sweet skirmishers card that has my pic and call sign on it from a now defunct CQB site over here.

Things making me smile this morning: Nice quiet house (wife out on an overnight trip), mags charged, battery charging, 80 degree weather, and a few hours out from a skirm. Nothing better than Sunday!

FireKnife's field: Where the young lads become men, one way or another! :D

I take it I have to fly over there now?

In all seriousness, best of luck. May it be a resounding success, lead to a franchise of fields, and eventually take over the U.S.

Odd, but then again FireKnife should be mine :P Anyway what i will do is if the site goes off then a PM will be sent to each member that wishes to come and claim the free skirmish with a code which i will have a matching sheet to, if you match the name and the code you get the free game from your PM. In case anyone wants to know if i have to i will cover the cost of the event entries up to £200, depending on the site cost.

FireKnife's field: Where the young lads become men, one way or another! :D

I take it I have to fly over there now?

In all seriousness, best of luck. May it be a resounding success, lead to a franchise of fields, and eventually take over the U.S.

Hell yeah, in fact for all those that think women aren't interested in skirmishing you really should meet the ones i know. ;)

If you fly over then accomadation, site fees and food can be provided, i am happy to accomodate those that are serious in attending an event i run.

Well if it does then good, though i could ask the F&O guys, see if they want to expand to a site up here, would be happy to run one on someones behalf as we all can guess what my ideas would be like.

'FireKnife'

Sounds like an idea. F&O are doing monstrously well these days.

Today I have a bit of a hangover, but I was in the pool til half 2 in the morning.

With the farmers 21 year old daughter.

Who didn't take much persuading to get her kit off.

You get the idea. ;)

Damn i wish i could put my reason to be happy, but i enjoy my time too much here to scare the locals and get banned by the passing mods (even a week off is bad enough ;))

As for F&O could do but not sure how well a business veture they would see it as, doesn't one of the guys that runs a site or the whole thing post on here under a username?

'FireKnife'

Archived