Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That reminds me of when a safety instructor at my work, proper jobsworth, got hit by a sheet of paper by ignoring the shouts from the gantry above. He had his hard hat on and took no damage but it was still bloody funny as he was trying to lecture us to 'be safe in the workplace and watch for signs'. For an example think Keith Lard, but without the whole dog thing.

'FireKnife'

That reminds me of when a safety instructor at my work, proper jobsworth, got hit by a sheet of paper by ignoring the shouts from the gantry above. He had his hard hat on and took no damage but it was still bloody funny as he was trying to lecture us to 'be safe in the workplace and watch for signs'. For an example think Keith Lard, but without the whole dog thing.

'FireKnife'

Not... A whole sheet of paper?

Hard hat territory indeed. Could have had his head chopped off from a paper cut...!

:P

The sheet in question was about 6 foot wide by about 30 feet long, rolled up and bunched so it would have been noticed :P

One thing i found out working in a paper factory, it can be some deadly *suitcase* when it comes in large amounts. Seriously it is worrying when you hear and see the rolls coming off the paper machines at the end.

'FireKnife'

I read somewhere about a technique for folding a normal piece of paper in such a fashion that it can puncture a trachea.

When funds allow I'm gonna get my driving license sorted and get a car instead of a bigger bike. More practical for airsoft, and quite frankly I don't trust the muppets on the road these days.

I figured it was something like that, but couldn't resist a cheap shot!

'And that is what she said'? For once that doesn't really work so yes it is a cheap shot :P

When funds allow I'm gonna get my driving license sorted and get a car instead of a bigger bike. More practical for airsoft, and quite frankly I don't trust the muppets on the road these days.

Good idea, i feel sorry for the guys going around on bikes (push and motor) that are minding their own business and following the rules of the road then get cut up by some nonce in a van, a bus or an Audi (it always seems to be a van, bus or Audi).

As for the paper, i am working with the kind of paper rolls that you couldn't even put a .50 caliber round through at close range, so yes i have a right to be scared of the paper :P

'FireKnife'

I've wanted to ride bikes for a while now. As my new commute will be 2.8 miles each way as opposed to the 24 miles each way it is currently, ive been looking at a wee 125 something or other.

Its so expensive to get into though, when you already have a car + car licence. £100 for the CBT (there abouts, anyway), £50-60 for a helmet, £100-£150 for a decent jacket and trousers, £20 for gloves, £60 and up for boots (if i could even find them in size UK 15 :( ), then pretty much £750 minimum for a decent bike.

Thats near enough £1500 by the time you've done tax and insurance and a lock and and and....

For that price i might as well just drive :(

Hang on you just said 2.8 miles journey?

Then cut out the CBT, the jacket / trousers and the £750 for a bike. Pop on to Halfords and get one of those new fangled push bike things and save money / get exercise on the way to work. Unlike the scooter / bike it is beneficial and if it is bad weather you are less likely to take damage if you fall off. Oh and no petrol, just food for your own internal engine as you go along. :P

I would as my work is only 4 miles away but i have one issue, it is along a road known to be full of the stupidest people in the area and i have seen how they treat cyclists. <_<

'FireKnife'

Dead embarrassing like, but meh, cheap!

Like is going to see you on it :P

#pulls up first day to work, the sound of Crazy Frog's brain damaged offspring announcing their prescense with a fanfare# ;)

Then again you could just tell them about the hobby you do, then they will leave you alone. :P

'FireKnife'

ped's and 125's (and 100cc's) all need a CBT, AFAIK.

Although i did see a quite interesting 80cc two stroke that mounted just above the cranks/pedals on a normal pushbike. Looked amazing.

Will just pushbike, tbh, get some decent lights and waterproofs (and a new helmet) and do that.

Crye airframe (replica) suitable, do we think? :F

Holy....

Thats awesome.

Shmook: Yeah, driving licences have changed. dont know when, probably 10/20 years ago or so. All i know is i passed my test in november 2009, and i can't do anything apart from drive a car or small van (nothing bigger than a transit).

However, it might be worth doing a cheap CBT and getting a motorised bicycle, especially that one. Its awesome. And i need it.

Archived