Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Local scrappy puts out all his windows for scrap glass, fleabay i may tru but a bit hit and miss, plus will need someone to fit it, will have to ask my Dad and see if his mates can help. Ah well i will enjoy the breeze on the drive to Tesco to pick up some black bags to cover up the window, maybe a bitf of card for support, shouldn't be too hard. :P

'FireKnife'

Pay someone to set on fire for you! That way they can at least not accuse you of setting it on fire yourself. ;)

Honestly, a second generation Nissan Micra is a way better car.

(The first gen is great if you ever want to experience what it feels like getting stuck in mousetrap)

Edit:

Ok, maybe not WAY better, but better.

OK so don't set fire to it, that is dangerous and the police have to get involved and you are potentially risking the lives of fire fighters and all that sort of stuff.

Get a friend to hire a van or light truck (and pay for the optional collision waiver) and reverse into your car fast enough to wreck it (rear ¾ is good for that), problem solved.

Finally finished the last two challenges for RA3 Commander's Challenge and unlocked the kIrov.

So much joy sending entire kirov fleets to destroy the puny cpu bases on some challenges.

It's sad that I spend more time playing that short game rather than any other game.

Then again, everyone is on Netflix...

6 Days smoke free

You see that extra £20 in your pocket, that can now go on guns and the like :P

And i know i have a terrible car, don't worry but at the end of the day it get me from Bristol to Aberdeen, from Aberdeen to Edinburgh and back, from Aberdeen to Newcastle and back and about one hundred journeys to and from work on a 50 mile round trip. Aside from the poor stereo being nicked (kind of joke on the twat crack head that nicked it) it hasn't given me much of an issue at all. And unlike my Micra it doesn't try and kill me. :P

'FireKnife'

I still can't get my head around people smoking around babies/children. Sure, just fill up their lungs with poison. Good one. Fair enough if you want to smoke. That's a decision you've made and you're free to make it. But inflicting it upon your children? Just makes me want to push them in front of a bus. (The smoking parents, not the children)

I love to smoke. Cigars especially, but in the proper social setting I'll happily puff on cigarettes or a hookah. I recently got a selection of tobaccos for Dad's old pipe, and it turns out I love smoking that too. In point of fact, the rediscovery of his old smoking pipe and a nice English blend is what's making me smile today.

To me tobacco is like whiskey--excellent in moderation, too much dulls the experience, and leave the cheap stuff to the other guy.

To me tobacco is like whiskey--excellent in moderation, too much dulls the experience, and leave the cheap stuff to the other guy.

I agree with this in theory, but unfortunately I have a preset addiction level right around 15 cigarettes a day. Social smoking, for me, starts slow but always ends right back at that 15 mark in a month or so. Now that I recognize, I just stay well away.

At the end of the day smoking to me is that same as most things (vices in particular), sure do it, but do it in your own time with others that do it too, just don't expect the rest of us to want to join in.

The one i never truly get is those that smoke in the house when you have other non-smokers that live there, what a way to annoy the hell out of said others (had this for years growing up with my ex-step mum) <_<.

'FireKnife'

Living with smokers for so long now means I'll probably find I have a minor level of addiction when I move out. Yay.

Sayin that though, whenever I'm in Camden, I'll have a hookah with a sammich and coffee in a certain I like.

I think the odd cigar or hookah in the correct setting is fine, but daily smoking is where your issues are.

Is it wrong for a 30 something to still get giddy at the release of a movie based on a comic book character (kind of answered that myself, really)? Well I don't care, Dredd is out in a month of so, and I can't wait. Now to watch it in 3d or good old fashioned 2d (was going to say on a flat screen, but all the screens at Odeon at Liverpool one are curved, buggers).

Living with smokers for so long now means I'll probably find I have a minor level of addiction when I move out. Yay.

Don't worry, you won't. Both my parents smoke, a lot. I've never done it, hate it. Moved out when I was 28 and never had a hint of craving/addiction :)

Don't worry, you won't. Both my parents smoke, a lot. I've never done it, hate it. Moved out when I was 28 and never had a hint of craving/addiction

From what i recall parents that are active about something, both of them, like smoking, drinking, what they like and what they believe in often lead to less chance of taking it on in later life. Though that also depends how they present it to you, my parents did smoke but they knew what they were doing is not good for them and presented that image to me when i was younger.

Dredd is out in a month of so,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113492/

So sorry but it just isn't going to go down well is it. If a legend like Sly messed it up.............. :P

'FireKnife'

Mine instilled on me tht smoking is bad m'kay, so I probably picked that up from a very early age.

Now, booze on the other hand...!

They both drink, and let us do with meals etc, I suppose in a similar manner to the continent, so we were used to it, and it wasn't a taboo thing. When we were teens, there wasn't a huge "OMG LETS GET SHITTED" culture as a result, as a lot of my friends had similar upbringings.

Don't get me wrong, we still went out and got smashed, but not swigging cider on a park until you throw up, we went to pubs for a dose of ale instead. I guess a Country upbringing differs. We could go to the pub at 16/17, have a few pints, and if one of us got silly, the regs would sort us out!

Archived