Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

My new speakers turned up today, Corsair SP2500s.

sp2500_viewa_1.png

It was a close call between them and a set of KRK Rokit 6's

rokit-6-pair.jpg

I'm glad I picked the corsairs in the end. I really would have NO space left on my desk if I'd have gone for the Rokits, and these Corsairs truly sound great.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Renault' and 'brilliant' do not belong in the same sentence.

Unless its something like "Renaults are *suitcase*, there is nothing brilliant about them"...

Or

Renaults are mostly *suitcase* but 172 horsepower in a 1 tonne car with a really well sorted chassis is a nice treat and although my Honda produces 100 more from the same sized engine in terms of everyday usable fun per pound the Renault really is brilliant.

Seriously though, while Renault are struggling, RenaultSport has gone 10 years without producing a bad car.

They are getting quite a following among petrolheads.

For 2400 quid (and something my wife would drive) there is no better alternative.

Sure.

Drive shafts too.

And drive shaft boots, engine mounts, liquid gasket on the rocker cover (which holds on the cams so is a 7 hour job), clutches on cars that have been thrashed, the seals on the back windows and the steering wheel leather.

All checked and all fine.

Must always do your homework.

So we went urban exploring to check a location for photoshoot (is it worth it or not). I'm happy like a pig in mud, because the location turned out to be exactly what we need and then some. We even snapped a couple of photos.

It's a former child hospital that is being turned into a workspace for creative freelancers - there's a tattoo parlor, an indie movie studio, some event agency and a club there. Not to mention a lot of half-done renovations and old rooms full of random junk, from trash like empty paper cups and beer bottles, through discarded shoes, to abandoned medical devices. We even found a couch in an out-of-the-way room.

Back in Dec-Jan-Feb, while my home was undergoing smoke damage repairs. I picked up monster hunter portable 3rd for my old "fat" psp 1000. Since it's an import title, I had to spend much time looking up info on monster parts, items, etc on fansites. Was getting the hang of it and got quite into the game, till my save got messed up.

Was disheartened, stop playing, and put the psp away.

Today, with my enthusiasm on monster hunter coming back, I decided that I would attempt to get one of the English patches, which meant I had to attempt putting on custom firmware and whatnot that others have done for years. After about an hour, I had it all figured out.

Now I am back into this addictiveness. Worse of all, it's portable, so I have to resist taking it with me to class.

What made me smile, going out last night to see all the nutters dressed up for Halloween, it was a good laugh to see all the people that tried and all those that didn't. The best was a bloke dressed like Jack Sparrow that was even doing the stupid run, legend.

Plus the missus went out in a dancer from Cabaret costume, just so much win. This Saturday will be going back out for the weekend Halloween party up here, going as a couples costume of 20-30's dancer and 20-30's gangster. :P

'FireKnife'

So now I have a Tumblr where I'll be dumping my photos from the group shoots and anything else that catches my eye. Already found Faramon by accident and started following him.

And come the end of the month, I'll be doing a film noir/20-30's gangster photoshoot. Hope someone brings a tommygun, because I'm a bit short on money buying other stuff for a different shoot.

Well, last night amidst the election chaos I went to bed thinking about how to deal with my dad, for he was running a campaign for an old friend to become sheriff of a neighboring county. Last election before, they had lost to the incumbent who truly was an *albatross* (stole signs, bribes, etc.). Figured this time would be the same, the numbers seemed to show it. Woke up today to my mom almost crying on the phone to someone. Turns out my dad is going to be the new under sheriff under his friend.

Besides the economic downfall temporarily lifted off us now (in terms of benefits, my father was about to lose his job inspecting prisons), at least now he can do something he has a passion for. After 26 years as a Lieutenant in our own county, I think it's better for him to find something in the Police to do than spend every day driving us nuts at home.

Eh, for once something good happens in politics.

Well, last night amidst the election chaos I went to bed thinking about how to deal with my dad, for he was running a campaign for an old friend to become sheriff of a neighboring county. Last election before, they had lost to the incumbent who truly was an *albatross* (stole signs, bribes, etc.). Figured this time would be the same, the numbers seemed to show it. Woke up today to my mom almost crying on the phone to someone. Turns out my dad is going to be the new under sheriff under his friend.

Besides the economic downfall temporarily lifted off us now (in terms of benefits, my father was about to lose his job inspecting prisons), at least now he can do something he has a passion for. After 26 years as a Lieutenant in our own county, I think it's better for him to find something in the Police to do than spend every day driving us nuts at home.

Eh, for once something good happens in politics.

Sounds good, always good to love what you are doing. When you say sheriff are you talking horse and a Colt Peacemaker or am I in the wrong century where you are? :P

Still sounds good, so his job is deputy then? Does that still exist?

'FireKnife'

Archived