Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a laugh, at least you didn't have to get out of a car that had you in it and was run off the road, that wasn't fun :P.

What makes me happy, less than two weeks to holiday and then a week back at work then off for Christmas until the 3rd of Janurary, yay.

'FireKnife'

But most of them are, and often the only excitement is when something goes wrong, hence that phrase 'like watching a bloody car crash'. :P

Still I prefer stuff that involves a little contact, like touring cars. Makes for a more entertaining spectical with less firey death.

'FireKnife'

That is open to public opinion :P

Links to the photos NAUW!!!! so we can judge. ;)

Sorry, you'll have to wait till I get home and repost them on my Tumblr.

Also, I'm still in awe of the pub we took the photos in. They got all the furniture from flea markets and/or trash, their restrooms have stalls made from old elevator doors and it's in an old industrial red brick building. As far as repurposing goes, it's pretty damn good. That and they don't fleece you on drinks - sure, a Coke is 1 quid per glass, but it's a 0.4l glass, and they pour that 0.4 as exactly as they can, no "here's your 0.33 or 0.25 bottle, now GTFO" stuff that usually goes on in this kind of places.

However, I find it odd that a place called "A Bee's Dream" doesn't serve Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey or its Jim Beam counterpart. That stuff's delicious, I grabbed a bottle last week and the sweet, slightly smoky taste is great. However, if you're not careful, you'll get smashed quickly as it's 70 proof.

Which reminds me of my home-made Southern Comfort knockoff. Half a sliced lemon, half a sliced orange, a quarter of a peach, half a stick of vanilla, two inches of cinnamon bark and some cloves soaking in cheap 3yo. bourbon for two months, then sweetened with a heaping tablespoon of honey. The whole bottle was gone in one sitting, along with half of a night. Of course, my esteemed guests, including the CEOs of two popular websites, got hammered with it as well. Now the mere thought of trying to eat a bourbon-soaked orange slice makes me gag.

1. As my car was broken into by the typical scum that seem to run the city of Aberdeen (you hear that Aberdeen, a large amount of your population is the *suitcase* no-one else wants) I have to use public transport.

2. I have bought a weekly pass, fine pay in advance and save a bit of money plus use the bus all week, that has been taken too. This means I have to walk home in the freezing rain due to living in a ###### poor city with bad design.

3. I go to get food from the work shop, at which point it flash rains and I get soaked, so sat in a shirt that feels horrible.

4. I am still stuck in this *rickroll*-hole, *fruitcage* wit infested *suitcase* stick of a city, knowing that it is at least another 18 months before I can move away.

5. I don't feel the same about my GF as I used to, but know that if it doesn't work out then I will not find anyone in this place and can't move yet as I don't have experince that places claim I need.

6. The best flat I could afford was fine back when I first moved in, now that it is cold the place is freezing, heating costs are ridiculous and without a car I am reduced to an Iceland which is often empty.

7. My netbook charger has decided to die on me and that leaves me without internet, which means I have no outside communication due to my mobile being down.

8. I can't buy a new phone as I have a new car to buy first.

9. I have this lingering feeling that work isn't going so well.

10. The GF is round tonight and I will have to listen to her complain as my internet isn't working, my flat is cold, I don't put on the heating enough, I don't have any films to watch, the bathroom isn't spotless, I don't have a reliable cooker and can't stay at hers due again to the bad design and spectacularly fail public transport of Aberdeen and how badly designed it is for me to get to work.

As taken from the 'Me Eye' thread, time to make this look better so here we go:

1.Ok still on the public transport, but after putting what is left of the car up for sale I easily have enough to buy a new one after Xmas.

2. Ok the rain wasn't freezing and the walk did give me a nice feeling of taking the healthy option, still lost myself about £18 though.

3. Meh, have had worse and the heaters work in my office now.

4. Yeah, that is still annoying, with no airsoft too, to boot.

5. Will have to get back to people on that, need to sort out first.

6. Get car, sort of problem solved. Still a *suitcase* flat in a rundown area, but then what do you expect.

7. Charger now works, think a wire is loose, but so long as I check that the little charge light is on it is all good.

8. Still an issue, but then Xmas means money to spend on myself, which is a promise to me now I have a good job.

9. Well who cares, I wont be getting fired and on my first referral I will just go find another place to work, life is too short to worry.

10. Internet worked so we had things to do, no moaning from her (watch it you lot), got to have Dominos which kept her happy and apart from her getting little sleep all was well.

So life isn't all bad, sometimes. Still stuck in Aberdeen which is still so depressing, this is coming from me and when you meet me you will know how overly optomistic I am :P.

'FireKnife'

Did some marshalling for a private shoot on monday. I had a big smile on my face when at the end of the day we worked out that this group of 18 had gone through 72,000 rounds. They were trigger happy to say the least, funny to watch though.

Why don't you just buy another car and move somewhere nicer FireKnife? I thought you had so much money you don't know what to do with it...

I am buying a new car, hence the first and sixth point.

As for the moving, I would but I need a job and all of them are fobbing me off with two years experience minimum, hence the waiting part in the point number 4. ;)

If I could move now, well my flat lease is up on the 19th Jan so then, I would, without a single hesitation, but I can't. Money wont last forever and I will need a job that can keep me in a flat in an area near to my work, or near enough to do a standard commute.

Buying a TM XDM off a nice chap on this very forum. :)

Will be nice to have another tack driver to play with.

Oh who sold you that then? :P

'FireKnife'

I love that I not only predicted that you were going to be the next to comment, but that I actually wrote down what I thought you were going to say with just a couple of words out.

Are you suprised I have been here six years. Though how I am still here is anyones guess? :P

Back in the day (you'll see how long ago) I used to get pager messages like those.

Last time I got a paper message from a girl was back in secondary school, those stupid ones that people used to pass around before everyone and anyone had a mobile phone. Saying that due to people not knowing what silent mode was the paper message was easier, even if everyone did read it along the way.

Though I do recall a post-it note with the words 'upstairs, now' on it. Wasn't what I was expecting though, it was almost as good but not what I was promised.

'FireKnife'

One week to the start of the Arnies away weekend, one more day and we all get to shot the *suitcase* out of each other :P.

Oh and might be new car on the way, will have to see when I view it tomorrow, might be expensive but hey, not like I need the money ;).

'FireKnife'

Archived