Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

I remember a little while back when I was asked to fix a problem for somebody who couldn't print from Adobe reader. The team on site had been working on it for months and couldn't work it out. I fixed the problem in 5 minutes.

If the senior engineer (who couldn't fix it) wasn't such an awesome guy then I would've made more of a joke out of it. :P

What was the issue then and the fix? :P

Yeah, but most kids nowadays just go to Uni to avoid life for 3 years. Also, I do not have a strong sense of self entitlement usually, so when something that just seems an injustice happens it irks me. But that's for the other thread.

True, though the ones that are there to do a serious course I am happy to see supported. Perhaps we should ban 'idiot' courses or ones that really would be better of as experience or apprentiships etc?

These winding up the apprentice/new guy remind me of when I had a job as a waiter. At the end of my first shift I'm getting changed when the manager sticks his head round the door to tell me to get out as the shopping centre had just received an IRA bomb threat. He left and I just thought "*badger*s, you'll have to try harder to catch me out" and carried on getting changed. 5 minutes later I walked out of the building to find out it was genuine

I recall a similar thing with half the staff suddenly running to the front of the store as apparently a 'WW2 bomb had been found and was being safely detonated'. Balls I thought and then suddenly a muffled bang out on the beach proved me wrong :P.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't make this up , my joke backfired on me a bit today . They didn't get a skirting board ladder but did find self tapping nails . Can be ordered in from a supplier ... You learn something new everyday !!!

Or spirit level bubbles and a reach around.

May as well make the set while we are here :P.

Next you will be asking them to find an actually proper airsoft gun in a market, or at JustBBGuns. Oh take them there and do that, please for the lolz.

'FireKnife'

I used to use left-handed hammer but apparently you can get them too.

I recall seeing one of those, had one of those weird hand mould grips to it that looks like those target pistol with the formed walnut grips. :P

Though it can't be as bad as the new version of airsoft hazing I have seen for new players, put them in a room, eye pro on of course, with a Tornado grenade and then make them pick up every last BB.

'FireKnife'

Or a sponge mallet or furry paint ! Or the one that always gets them . Get the circular right angle measuring tool off the van mate ...

The funniest thing I have come across is a locksmiths in Brixton that is run by a couple of Rastafarian guys . And it says in the window we sell everything for security including dread locks . Always makes me chuckle when I go past it ..

What was the issue then and the fix? :P

Make sure Adobe Reader is updated and then make sure that it's using the correct printer off the print server! Somehow they added the same printer twice but neither of them worked. Once you add the correct printer things tend to work. ;)

Though my eyes are watering and the inner regions of my nose are feeling like something is constantly sticking a hot needle into them, I have just one thing that is keeping me going today.

Victory Day parade in Red Square, cause allergies can *fruitcage* off whilst I am watching it.

Couldn't make this up , my joke backfired on me a bit today . They didn't get a skirting board ladder but did find self tapping nails . Can be ordered in from a supplier ... You learn something new everyday !!!

Plastic earthing tags , new currants ( currents ) for the battery , big shove , wooden pull cords , the list does indeed go on

back when i was an apprentice sparky i was nearly got with "shoot down to the wholesalers and grab a 'long weight' for me", clocked it just before i left though :)  

Make sure Adobe Reader is updated and then make sure that it's using the correct printer off the print server! Somehow they added the same printer twice but neither of them worked. Once you add the correct printer things tend to work. ;)

Fail :P.

Also as this is the happy thread I am going to put the fact I am going to see Star Trek Into Darkness. I *fruitcage*-ing hate the TV series with a passion but I don't know why I actually like the idea of this film and quite enjoyed the last one as it took it with a light comical edge.

'FireKnife'

I was surprised to see a package arrive today, containing the type 2 Lifchik that I bought from a fellow collector.  Upon opening the box and trying it on, my mother's first reaction was to say "put that thing outside to air, it stinks".

I answered "I like it that way, that means it's real". :D

There was a James Bond movie on the tube as well, following a well worthwhile Sons of Guns episode (in that it shows the company close to bankruptcy and members of the shop wanting to leave/acting insane as usual).

I also tried to sew on a collar liner again, it did not end well, lol.

All the while, I played a bit of monster hunter, searched the webs, and kept an eye on Rusty, who seems a bit lively today, all said and done.

Fail :P.

Also as this is the happy thread I am going to put the fact I am going to see Star Trek Into Darkness. I *fruitcage*-ing hate the TV series with a passion but I don't know why I actually like the idea of this film and quite enjoyed the last one as it took it with a light comical edge.

'FireKnife'

This is the same for me. Can't stand the series...es, any of them, but the last film I really enjoyed. Will be seeing the new one too :)

Watched Star Trek Into Darkness and it was good, though I am near blind now damn it, silly special effects.

As for my happy moments, well I bought a new pistol that isn't a 1911 and it works for me so all is good.

'FireKnife'

Archived