Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Just everything, a chance to play at a proper airsoft site this weekend, a week off and just many other things.

Though also got into work 15mins later than usual but as I left 20mins later yesterday I can still go at my normal time.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know Dell bothered much with SSD'd at the moment? All the ones we get for work are still HDD's. Though that might have something to do with them being dirt cheap to keep costs down :P.

Still the amount of worthless fluff you get on a PC now when new is silly.

As for my 'win for the day', it is holiday time next week. Not looking forward to the long drive but the idea of no work for a week is always good.

'FireKnife'

Any time we've got replacement parts form Dell we've fitted them ourselves. Luckily it's either power supplies or hard disks that fail us.

FK, if you think the stuff Dell put on is bad, you've not seen our image. I don't know who made it, but it is shocking!

Any time we've got replacement parts form Dell we've fitted them ourselves. Luckily it's either power supplies or hard disks that fail us.

FK, if you think the stuff Dell put on is bad, you've not seen our image. I don't know who made it, but it is shocking!

Same here, we fit everything ourselves. As for the image I can guess, all of our machines are wiped using a Dell installation disc and we have a driver filled USB stick on stand by.

On a totally unrelated note, thank you Hwagan for the random gift and lightening up my day of running about, fixing many PCs (must get the GF to try some):

20130524094514.jpg

Oh and thanks for the barrel, that will be going in my custom 1911 soon as I get home :P.

'FireKnife'

So I got that mask from the Numen guys (I thought they'd send me a Corvo mask after they make one, but I got a pretty badass Predator mask instead, that one with writings on the forehead). Pleased with the craftsmanship, and it's very comfy too.

Borrowed my mate's USB MIDI controller to try my hand at mixing last night and i have to say i think i'm really getting the hang of it and im really enjoying it. it's funny really, i'd been getting the hang of trance but struggling with faster stuff like hardtek (which is what i'd really like to mix) and it just came to me all of a sudden out of no where, i just suddenly got a feel for it and i was in the zone. really quite pleased with myself, perhaps i've finally found something to be good at :)

Learning '15 Years Ago' from Ace Combat 5 on piano is turning out easier than I thought it would, despite the arrangement/sheet music I downloaded not being that great. (Makes me A. happy; B. think about bringing my keyboard to uni next year now that I'm living off-campus.)

Borrowed my mate's USB MIDI controller to try my hand at mixing last night and i have to say i think i'm really getting the hang of it and im really enjoying it. it's funny really, i'd been getting the hang of trance but struggling with faster stuff like hardtek (which is what i'd really like to mix) and it just came to me all of a sudden out of no where, i just suddenly got a feel for it and i was in the zone. really quite pleased with myself, perhaps i've finally found something to be good at :)

still needs more whub whubs though...... ;)

still needs more whub whubs though...... ;)

oddly enough that night i did manage to get a half decent sounding transition between 190BPM hardtek and dubstep (well, a dubsteppy bit in another hardtek track), didn't think it would work at all but it sounded surprisingly good.

wasn't quite so in the zone today but downloaded a bunch of early hardstyle tracks and i've been playing about with them. recorded a little 17 min mix with a handful of them just now, cocked up the timing on the last track's drop but overall i don't think it sounds too bad for someone who's only been playing about for two days and has been working with no real instruction or any advice.

Ordered something very special today.  Cannot wait for it.  I have a slight guilty conscience, but that is easily put down with the realization that I actually own one of them finally.

I'm smiling for once today.

Just been to Mitsubishi and ordered a hard top for my pickup. The roller top thing I have is alright until it rains heavy, at which point it collects in the box where the top stores in when open so when you open it, it pushes out the water, and it has a few gaps where it can come through as there isn't a good seal all the way around. It might not look as good with a hard top but it will be more waterproof and practical.

Same height as the cab roof, I looked at the hard lift up lids that just sit over the bed sides but I don't want to lose the choice of carrying taller things in the bed. Plus this way I can probably curl up in the back and sleep quite comfortably.

Just been to Mitsubishi and ordered a hard top for my pickup. The roller top thing I have is alright until it rains heavy, at which point it collects in the box where the top stores in when open so when you open it, it pushes out the water, and it has a few gaps where it can come through as there isn't a good seal all the way around. It might not look as good with a hard top but it will be more waterproof and practical.

If only there was some vehicle that could meet your requirements without modification.

A vehicle that had the capacity to carry a load but was also water proof and practical.

Some kind of enclosed load space, large apertures for access, comfortable seating, good security.

Hmmmm, I'm sure I've heard of such a thing.

Oh yeah.

A van.

Archived