Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

I really don't want to know why you are thinking about that :P

Either way leather trousers for £14? Is that because they are missing a big section around the rear? ;)

'FireKnife'

Actually no, the only chaps I found (and have no use for) were like 50 quid or so. The ones I bought are complete trousers.

And if another seller willfully disregards my note of "Oh *suitcase*, I misread the dimensions, I thought the legs are 76 cm long, not 67" I'll end up with another pair, four inches too short. Good that nobody's trying to outbid me, I don't feel like paying more than eight quid for those.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand how The World's End makes it a trilogy. Isn't it the 4th film they made? Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Paul, The World's End. Plus, none of the characters or settings are a continuation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Flavours_Cornetto_trilogy

Also that abomination called Paul isn't part of the three. Though oddly enough I am taking a mate called Paul along to watch this one, the one that features alien things :P

'FireKnife'

Watched a film called attack the block ( I think ) a while back which was much funnier and better made . Aliens decend on the local youth of south london with hysterical consequences , the Chav comments are golden in it ,,,,I am sure it was the same producers that made it ..

Well they did say they would do the three common type of student / Sunday afternoon brain cell killing films sort of thing with a British twist.

Though I do like the ideas that they fermented in Spaced etc, then made these :P

Either way it is a good laugh and I recall going through Wells when they filmed Hot Fuzz there, sadly never met any of the main cast :(

'FireKnife'

For me it's a trilogy in the sense that it's a buddy-cop/slacker/binge drinker movie, with one of them having to grow up massively with the other supporting them.

yeah but it wasnt involving edgar wright, and it shows. paul is a completely different style of film, the cornetto trilogy seems to be all about smashing together genres and themes in a very british way (SOTD: rom com with zombies, hot fuzz: action cop films meet the wicker man in a quaint village). paul just doesnt have the same type of humor as SOTD, hot fuzz, spaced or anything else pegg, wright and frost have done together. not that its a bad film.

I have noticed that nationality has a lot to do with how people drive in the uk , mediteraneans tend to be arrogant and hot headed , Jewish women tend to park badly or double park without a care in the world for other road users ,( probably due to the people carriers they drive ) the list goes on and on .

bit of a generalisation there isnt it? could just say theres an awful lot of *suitcase* drivers about, i dont really think incompetence is exclusive to any race/gender/religion.

yeah but it wasnt involving edgar wright, and it shows. paul is a completely different style of film, the cornetto trilogy seems to be all about smashing together genres and themes in a very british way (SOTD: rom com with zombies, hot fuzz: action cop films meet the wicker man in a quaint village). paul just doesnt have the same type of humor as SOTD, hot fuzz, spaced or anything else pegg, wright and frost have done together. not that its a bad film.

bit of a generalisation there isnt it? could just say theres an awful lot of *suitcase* drivers about, i dont really think incompetence is exclusive to any race/gender/religion.

Maybe its just a london thing , but you can really notice my generalisations when you drive through areas that are predominantly occupied by different races . Ie southall , golders green , south gate / green lanes , Stamford hill , Brixton , hounslow etc .

Its a bit like going to other country's and noticing the change in driving styles , attitudes . I am not trying to generalise in a racist way or pick holes in people , its the fact it is really noticeable as people's road manners / driving styles change ,according to areas . . Its really noticeable with parking etiquette ,people giving way , and road rage ..

Yeah, it's a Crank Brothers Egg Beater 3 pedal.

One of a pair I just got from ebay.

They're very clever, you can clip in on 4 sides (unlike the 1 side you usually get with road pedals and the 2 sides you usually get with MTB ones).

They have full cartridge/needle bearings so they are lovely and slick

Plus the open design means that they almost never get clogged up with mud.

I got them for my new bike (that I haven't got yet - test ride on Friday).

Well The World's End is like a cross between typical teen based drinking and partying (with 36-37 year olds) mashed up with an Invasion of the Body Snatchers like thing, it is just as good as the other two easily.

'FireKnife'

Yeah, it's a Crank Brothers Egg Beater 3 pedal.

One of a pair I just got from ebay.

They're very clever, you can clip in on 4 sides (unlike the 1 side you usually get with road pedals and the 2 sides you usually get with MTB ones).

They have full cartridge/needle bearings so they are lovely and slick

Plus the open design means that they almost never get clogged up with mud.

I got them for my new bike (that I haven't got yet - test ride on Friday).

That's not a bike pedal.

This is a bike pedal:

DSC00193_MED.JPG

EDIT: Incidentally, if you're ever curious what your shin bone looks like, all you need to do is *fruitcage* up a trick on a BMX with a pair of Hutch Bear trap pedals.

Archived