Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Shmook, don't worry about the sleep thing. You get use to it (get sleep when you can).

He did say son, so going with that, I'd say a boys name? Of course they may grow up and not be a male (gender) etc, but right now, they're male (If anyone remembers the royal baby thread, you'll know what I'm on about, with the gender part).

Thanks guys!

He's called Charlie. My wife spent a few days in intensive care and had to have 2 ops, and life-changing surgery due to losing 6 and a half litres of blood. She then lost another couple 36 hours later.

Childbirth can be *fruitcage* dangerous, kids.

And she is perfectly healthy. Walked every day, never smoked, not a scrap of fat on her, ate well etc.

All that has helped her recovery though. The medical team just cannot believe how quickly she is recovering, considering she went from almost dead, to home and walking in 8 days...

Edit, as for chavvy names, the midwives told us a couple. One lad went to give details, and called their daughter letisha. When asked how to spell it, he spelt 'lettuce'.

Another had twins. A boy called Andrew, and a girl called Absidy. Spelt ABCD.

Another called their daughter La-a. The midwife saw it written and asked how to pronounce it. Ladasha...

I'll be getting my *albatross* in gear to seriously start a replica rental biz for the photoshoots. Since I already explained to people that I will use the money to get more stuff (replicas, holsters, bolt-ons etc.), they're more understanding about the "pay me a quid to walt about with my gun for the photos" issue.

Glad everything is on the mend Shmook.

Went out with a girl named Jo once. Yes, that was her first name. I would call her Jay and pretend that I was just saying, the first letter in her name (when in fact, I was saying Jay. Hahaha, evil mind).

Cherry bake wells. Eaten four of them in a space of twelve hours. They are bloody fit.

Drive overheating eh?

Did the S.M.A.R.T. data not flag that up?

Or do you not monitor it?

There's plenty of light weight monitoring apps that wil keep an eye on system temps for you...

The latter. It was something I didn't really expect, especially with no external reason like 30 C environment temperature and stuff. Even more odd because the CPU and video card never had any overheating problems, and the drive was a safe distance from both.

Although the strangest thing is that I looked at the SMART data when scanning the drive and it wasn't flagged up. So it's most probably a faulty SATA cable, at least partially. I swapped it with a spare I had around, and it stopped acting up.

Finally got my girlfriend to stop being an *albartroth* and go on a diet. Now we are both doing a 4:3 ADF diet, 2000 on and 400 off.

This is my first off day, and it's 16 hours long - on 400 calories it's feeling a hell of a lot longer.

But I'm sticking with it, I need to do something about my weight and I'm looking to lose 20 kilos in the next year.

I'm sure you've seen my postings on the subject.

It works if you stick with it, I'm down 23 kilos since March.

Just for fun I got all my SCUBA weights and put them all on a belt so that they weighed the same as I lost, put it on and I could barely climb the stairs, it was incredible.

I can't imagine carrying all that around with me now - it's lunacy.

I'm living by myself again now and can honestly say I havn't eaten anything unhealthy for a week now, nor any prospect of doing such. The amount if that my parents bring into their house is astonishing. I went from 15 to 13.2 whilst overseas last year, and have now gone from 13.8 to 16.8 stone in six months living with them. Almost entirely through bone idleness and poor diet, and probably a fair amount of drinking.

I am not expecting to get back down to my glory days of competition running at 11.8 stone, but I am hoping to get a nice 13 back.

I'd love to be back at my halcyon days weight of 95kg, back when I was a competitive skiff rower with both kneecaps un*fruitcage*ed... but that's going to take some doing!

Moving to Hong Kong and my subsequent has definitely been my stumbling block. It is a hell of a lot easier to eat healthy in the UK. Unbelievably, I actually lost weight moving to Scotland...

Archived