Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

A lot of people call it a "powerstroke", try searching for that.

Powerstroking is a technique of racking the slide back by grabbing it and pulling hard on it as (according to the wisdom of Costa and Haley) we work at 200mph and it is easier to grab a large slide and pull it back than hit a small catch on the side. At least that is how I know it, seems some pistol techniques have different names or the same name for different things.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen the 45° thing refered to as a powerstroke, perhaps Costa et al are not the only ones who use the term.

Also, during my investigation I saw the FNP .45 Tactical for the first time, that is one nice gun...

Very true, I just know powerstroking as grabbing the slide and giving it a good yank to get over finding the slide lock and off the 45 as loading via a hard slap to the 45 degree angle in relation to the slide lock.

Personally I just like doing an off the 45 with a .45 :P. That makes me lol.

'FireKnife'

I hate those notes.

I had an argument with the depot manager if Royal Mail after I received one because he swore blind his man always attempts delivery. The intercom/buzzer phone for my flat was 3feet away from my head all morning so there was no chance of me missing it.

Can anyone link me to an example of this 45 degree thing. I cannot picture it at all.

Turns out someone has already put up the video I need to explain this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N3Aen_v5VI

Watch at the exact 1hr point (well 1hr00mins07secs) and from then on it will explain this off the 45 degree thing.

'FireKnife'

Ah, so the 45 degree bump dislodges the slide catch.  Gotcha.

Yeah my description could have been better. I know in the video they mention the M&P (which I can't do it with) and the M9 (which I can). I have also found that the 1911 and basically any gun that has a near flush fit magazine and one that has a but at an angle to the slide can. The Glock 17 is near impossible to do I found :P. As they say '95% percent of the time'. ;)

'FireKnife'

As part of operation "keep the brother in law entertained", I watched RED 2 with him and dad.

It may be corny as hell, but its better for laughs than most things being made these days.

All that mix-mash of Russian uniforms and gear just distracted me though.  I want a winter set so bad, and they had so many patterns being used...

In the end, I was rooting for the true antagonist at the end.  IDK, he seems like he could have been a brilliant arms dealer for a more modern take on "Lord of War".

I've watched about 25 episodes of Spongebob Squarepants this week (so far) and I could watch 25 more. Forgot how funny it can be. Airsoft related happy smiley activity:- weathering a G&P car-15 (later version) has been fun, even with the fidgety stock.

I absolutely love spongebob squarepants. One of the funniest programmes ever!

I love Costa and Haleys accents, id happily watch that video just for their accents.

"Beewm"

They are hilarous sometimes, even the random out-takes on the fourth DVD :P.

However the way they call a short barreled rifle a 'Car-been' when it is clearly spelled Carbine (-bine as in vine) makes me question the validity of everything they say :D.

'FireKnife'

People talk differently.

Some people fumble through the English language like a chimp trying to open a pickle jar while wearing mittens.

I'd have thought you'd have come to terms with that by now, living where you do.

I have, but it is still funny to see them calling it a 'car-been' and then one of the people they are instructing looks about 0.5secs away from doing a facepalm :P.

Saying that I can forgive the 'ers' and 'umms' as it is not rehearsed but to have moments like that were even the guys you are teaching are trying not to correct you it is hilarious.

'FireKnife'

Tuesdee, instead of Tuesday. That's something that hindered my spelling in school (*fruitcage* you dyslexia).

Portable DVD player for £20. Wow. Am I the only person who finds that, an absolute bargain?!

So long as you didn't get shot, trampled to death or beaten up for it, it is Black Friday after all (I think, not being an American I don't understand what day Black Friday is as I don't bloody celebrate Thanksgiving). :D

'FireKnife'

I have, but it is still funny to see them calling it a 'car-been' and then one of the people they are instructing looks about 0.5secs away from doing a facepalm :P.

Saying that I can forgive the 'ers' and 'umms' as it is not rehearsed but to have moments like that were even the guys you are teaching are trying not to correct you it is hilarious.

'FireKnife'

Well, the etymology of the word is from the French "carabine", which I understand (from my relatively limited knowledge of the French language) is pronounced closer to "bean"/"been" than "bine"

Well, the etymology of the word is from the French "carabine", which I understand (from my relatively limited knowledge of the French language) is pronounced closer to "bean"/"been" than "bine"

But the word is being spoken in English, not French. The same goes for many other words in English which have been taken from other languages (being that English is a collective language built from many other Western European languages with German as the main contributor). We do not refer to them in French / German but in English as it is our version of the word. By the same logic you have put down we would be speaking Anglias and be called Britisch.

So no the word is carBINE if you are English. Not carBEEN. I am not proud of much but correct pronounciation of words (often ones like this) does irk me and makes me laugh too :D.

'FireKnife'

I thought it was some type of movement when holding a weapon (car been).

The DVD player with screen (foldable) was/is from Audi. Shame I broke it by falling on the damn thing (dog meet foot, me meet floor). Though I did laugh about it, as my daughter frog marched the dog to his bed. The kept telling to go back to it, when ever he tried to get out of his bed.

But the word is being spoken in English, not French. The same goes for many other words in English which have been taken from other languages (being that English is a collective language built from many other Western European languages with German as the main contributor). We do not refer to them in French / German but in English as it is our version of the word. By the same logic you have put down we would be speaking Anglias and be called Britisch.

So no the word is carBINE if you are English. Not carBEEN. I am not proud of much but correct pronounciation of words (often ones like this) does irk me and makes me laugh too :D.

'FireKnife'

An example being the word envelope.

It is a word in french and it has the same spelling in english but a different pronunciation.

A lot of the pronunciation differences between americans and the english are (to me) just down to accent and I don't mind at all but that one does set my teeth on edge.

I'm drinking what appears to be a decent whisky, I've cooked a very nice meal (from scratch) for my wife, the child went to bed on time and without fuss, and I have a spaniel curled up on my lap, she seems rather content.

Middle class maybe, but life is rather good!

Archived