Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday I was off and I watched "Band of Brothers".  The entire thing.

Cried like a baby.

It made me have a quiet smile inside though.  What a show.

Also, everybody is in it.  Simon Pegg, Tom Hardy, Damian Lewis, every time I watch it I spot a new one.

Damian Lewis is awesome, I'm going to watch all of "Life" again.

Hmm, well at least theres that. 

I heard they all want to re-visit Firefly but it's a case of everyone being free at the same time which is pretty difficult considering they are all mega busy.

It offends me that there is so much utter toss on TV and decent stuff gets canned.  I guess catering to the simpletons is much more profitable.

You know what, I believe if a shows good it's able to stay on till it's concluded (or if it's become stale). The Shield lasted, amazing show. Never got the fuss over firefly, thought it was okay but not brilliant.

Though, I do think some tv shows just seem to keep going, till people are bored of them and that's the worse way to run a show. It's like Star Trek the next generation. The actors were on more money than it was viable to keep running the show, so it was axed. I was glad it stopped, as it had run it's course by season 6.

I don't know.  There are quite a few things that have been canceled that weren't going stale and were still top notch.  With the only reason for cancellation being the studio big wigs being on drugs.  Southland springs to mind for something quite recent.  That was stellar all the way through.

I thought it was a case of they only keep what sells in the US being as that is where the big revenue stream comes from?

From what I have seen shows like Futurama and My Name Is Earl were quite popular outside of the US, even more so than in the US but seeing as the companies that make these shows only get a standard payment for broadcast of each episode and not the revenue from things like adverts and sponsorship outside of the US if a show isn't doing well state side it will go no matter what those outside the US thinks.

The same goes for the flip-side too. Torchwood over here was met with mediocre response after the second series and special but as it was very popular in the US they decide to fund an additional 'series' themselves. The difference being is that in other countries outside the US they wouldn't have enough money to make their own copy of the programs, instead sticking to what they produce locally instead. It is often the US though that is first to copy a popular show into a more local format, often with disastrous results (American Top Gear anyone? ;)).

As much as I liked things like My Name Is Earl and a few other now cancelled US projects I can see why it happens and I would for one not want a UK made version.

However given that this is the happy thread the fact I have two and a half more days of work and the I am off until the 3rd of January is surely a good thing :P. Go not using holidays then having to have a long one to use them up.

'FireKnife'

wow. such firepower. so heavy. very ammo. :D

Congrats. now get down the gym and start lifting.

Bro's don't let support gunning Bros' skip arm day ;)

Heh.

I dont even think that will help, this is one of those guns where your play style has to change in order to use it :P

Edit: meaning I will probably just camp in a bunker and not have to run around with it much :D

Watching my little Havanese try to make his way through the piling snow earlier made me smile, wish I could have recorded the moment.

Off to finish the final part of my 6 mile treadmill session.  I started doing 6 miles yesterday, purely from the boredom aspect of winter break.  Have done it in 30 min/2.5 mile increments today since yesterday the machine had a fit when I tried to go the full two hours straight.  Sure, it is not really challenging or doing much, but getting my *albatross* off the bed or couch has got to be some sort of positive, right?

All you can eat Korean BBQ is simply amazing, good change to my typical college meal.

Insert bad taste joke about dogs here

Anyway, last night I got a free bus ride home as the driver had no change and all I had was a tenner so he decided to be nice and not bother charging me

Got an email from Amazon, saying I had received a gift certificate. My friend sent me £20 with a note on it saying "thankyou for being a much needed friend".

So Iook on Amazon, and see a Casio watch I quite like that is waterproof, rubber strap and won't look stupid worn with airsoft gear like the watches I have now.

It turns out to be 51% off, so after the voucher it cost me £4.95

Doh! Damn slow reaction and poor guess work, equal terrible post.

What made me smile today? Caramel Donut hhmmmm.

Original post below:-

Couldn't find a Casio watch that was close to the price, but here's one:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000JC5UUO/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1387304661&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Archived