Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Met up with an old mate and didn't get drunk. Impressive. Was amazed at the cue to see David Morrisey at Forbidden Planet today and, I've got to say, I don't get that need to meet a star. I do like his work but I wouldn't cue for 2 hours (or more) to shake hands and get a picture taken with him. Maybe am just an old fart.

It was for a charity but I've made a donation anyway, just minus the handshake/picture.

Here's the contradiction; I have to admit, to getting star struck a fair few years ago, when I met Samuel Jackson, in a bar in Liverpool. I only had the nerve to ask if he like Pink Floyd and he laughs and said "Yeah man, you?" I kind of laughed and made a sound that was kind of like "yeah". But that was by accident and not intentional.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided to spend the last 20mins before going to sleep watching the first episode of Archer...........

................... have now (legally) downloaded the rest overnight. Gives me something else to watch especially after the awful last season of Miami Vice :P.

'FireKnife'

D.d.d...does that mean it is over? Is it finally going to be spring soon?

Too bad it doesn't change much for me, airsoft options are still *suitcase* round here :P.

But hey moving soon.

Also looks like the small expansion to Munchkin Apoc has finally hit UK shelves, so happy.

'FireKnife'

Wait is Michigan in the always hot bit, the half and half bit or the mostly cold bit of the US?

I honestly can't remember, all I know is that Miami and California are hot but get heavy rain showers, New Mexico is hot almost all the time and New York along with Chicago gets heavy snow in winter.

Though all the above I have learned from TV shows :P.

This is why I don't get Top Gear, outside of the track days they clearly wait for good weather as it never looks that nice in Britain that often :D.

'FireKnife'

FireKnife, we used to be known as a "Tundra" state, with winters that made people write endless jokes about Michiganders walking through blizzards everyday.  Now it seems that every year it is a toss up for the weather.

Ah I see. So a bit like the UK then :P. Today's weather is well who knows until it happens? :D

I think it's because the bits away from the studio/track are often filmed inbetween each series which has been in the summer for the past few years

That is very, very true but even then it is still too nice for Britain, I recall the days of summer 2011 and 2012 when it was horrible and yet they still found sunny days :rolleyes:

'FireKnife'

Decided to spend the last 20mins before going to sleep watching the first episode of Archer...........

................... have now (legally) downloaded the rest overnight. Gives me something else to watch especially after the awful last season of Miami Vice :P.

'FireKnife'

Archer is brilliant.

I love it.

I refuse to believe that.  Over here it was all starting to melt a bit, then suddenly winter wonderland again.

I need to watch Archer, I should be watching Archer, why am I not watching Archer?

I don't know, do something about that.

Would you believe the first search results for tactical turtleneck just happen to be Archer?  Apparently people have argued over what he would wear exactly.

Apparently my cable box has Archer on the Demand function, though for some time it had disappeared.  Me thinks I should go watch some right now.

EDIT:  So I watched the intro episode to season 5 just now, and yes, a thousand million times yes!  Why haven't we made a thread about Archer?

If you find a good supplier for Tactical Turtlenecks, let me know.

Surely you mean "tactle-neck"?

What that doesn't work, I can use the 'damn I had something for this' phrase.

That shall be my phrase for when I run in and try to get people to surrender. Surrendering by laughter counts right?

EDIT: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCHER-LOGO-MOCK-TURTLENECK-Sweater-Tacticalneck-In-slightly-darker-Black-Size-S-/281069364650

Needs to be slightly darker and available in the UK :P.

EDIT2: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Mens-Knitted-Stretch-Casual-Roll-Turtle-High-Polo-Neck-Sweater-Jumper-Top-/321326318450?pt=UK_Men_s_Jumpers_Cardigans&var=510233757871&hash=item4ad08a8372

Wait a second this loadout might be possible, now to work out where he stores his gun and ammo (no, not the underpants gun), I don't think the magic backpack concept works for the real world. Also I need a Cyril to hurl pointless abuse at. This just might work......

Would you believe the first search results for tactical turtleneck just happen to be Archer?  Apparently people have argued over what he would wear exactly.

EDIT:  So I watched the intro episode to season 5 just now, and yes, a thousand million times yes!  Why haven't we made a thread about Archer?

Yeah I got the same search result. :P

Well I made a thread about Archery and well see for yourself (scroll down a bit): http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/210753-archers-unite/

'FireKnife'

My shopping list in the last two days includes a Well Uzi, parts for my Chinese Assault Rifle build, gourmet food and a ticket to Manowar concert. Now I'm just waiting for the guy who sells replica cop badges to respond.

Edit: oh, also FK pointed me to a source of cheap turtlenecks for my photo project.

Archived