Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

I'm quite happy as I found that I can use a bit of paracord to clean the tube on my hydro bladder. Life hacks for the win!

Please share how! Mine is minging...

If you taser someone while they are waving a machete about, there is a good chance it could land on the tasered or another officer/civilian.

Even so, he would have dropped it. Officers could have backed off while being tased, and even if hit with it, I would rather that than a full swing from a controlled arm.

If I was in charge the police officers would have arrived on the scene to find a guy wielding a machete, told him to put it down, waited 10 seconds, got back in their car and run him over, twice.

Put his body in the boot and drop him off at the mortuary when you get a minute.

On the doors of police cars in Stunt's Britain it would say:

POLICE

We don't *fruitcage* around.

I would work for you for free :)

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could go for the US system.

Officer arrives, takes cover behind car and raises gun towards assailant.

Assailant does not lower weapon.

Request to drop weapon is given.

Wait ten seconds, if assailant is still armed then officer shoots him.

Ten seconds is long enough to make a simple decision, to be shot or not to be shot.

'FireKnife'

Watched the season premiere of The Americans just now (when I should be studying).  It was one of my guilty pleasures tv wise back in the first season, and now that I don't watch much tv, it is nice to have something guilty again.

I don't consider Archer a guilty pleasure, because it simply what mainstream television wishes it could be.  FK, I am convinced that Archer just has custom pockets in his suit jackets for his pistol.

Just make sure they all go on the 'umbrella or sword identification training seminar' lol

To be honest I think instead just to appeal to that weird traditional view that many countries (mainly America) have we should get all police to learn this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartitsu

FK, I am convinced that Archer just has custom pockets in his suit jackets for his pistol.

I think it is just typical animation where anything fits in anywhere (and given we are talking about Archer that is possible for everything ;)).

Eh people give them a hard time for that but i would of capped him. He jumped the barrier.

Personally I feel a tad sorry for the guy that shot said Brazilian. Due to all the cock ups in communication and other issues he was put in a 50/50 situation and had to work with what he knew. He just chose the wrong option in the eyes of the Daily Mail reading public and now has to live with that. The same goes for all those officers that are put in same situations due to others getting it wrong.

'FireKnife'

It was a joke, i forgot i had to put this face :P.

However i dont blame the police on the ground, if you are told a guy they believe involved in other bombings is getting on the subway with backpack and people are shouting in your ear to stop them, it would be easy to pull the trigger.

If i gave you a gun and then convinced you a guy in a confined space with you was going to blow you up and kill everyone what would you do?

Isn't it called following orders? Of course, us human beings sometimes have a problem with that and bad things happen. It's always easy after the event to make a concise effort to do the right thing. But the difference is we have more time to determine what is the best course of action.

This takes nothing from the fact, that an innocent man died due to poor intelligence and forced action.

Edit:- 'I corny' really iPhone, that makes more sense than 'innocent'?

Edit No2:- this did make me smile. Admitting to a friend that I reply to messages whilst on the toilet, same with arnies. Splosh.

I dont think anybody blames the shooters and certainly not the 'daily mail readers' as fk asserts

Not to sound harsh but from my recollection the newspapers were awash with this incident, going on the lines of 'innocent man shot in police balls up' etc and that was it.

They blamed everything they could through the likes of The Sun and Daily Mail, saying it was the Met, the team themsleves, the communications, the officer that fired the shot and just about everything they could levy blame against.

It did lead to a big uproar about how we were handling the wake of the 7/7 bombings amongst other things. I clearly remember it as I was travelling to London from Bristol the weekend after and it was armed teams at every major London and Bristol station. Things like that stick in my mind, but it did sound like blanket blaming to sell papers and when you blanket blame people will start to believe it.

In fact thanks to BBC archives such proof exists: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/4713753.stm Most noteably the quote from the family member: '' Mr Menezes' cousin, Alex Pereira, who is based in London, said the police would "kill thousands of people" if they were not held accountable for what had happened at Stockwell. He said: "They just kill the first person they see, that's what they did. They killed my cousin, they could kill anyone."

Sounds a bit like excessive blame levied against the shooter and the general police force. True not a 'Daily Mail Reader' but that is a very broad claim even given the situation.

'FireKnife'

http://www.instructables.com/id/Paracord-Hydration-Bladder-Hose-Cleaner/

It's as simple as tying a knot in the cord and pulling it through. It just clears the gunk out of the tube.

Marvellous, thanks :)

It's going to be an exciting Friday night rodding my camelbak tubes I think!

Spend it, you deserve to splash out on yourself.

The daily mail did blame the shooter, tried to make out, it was he alone, that decided to shoot. It's a vile newspaper and a representation of people with a warped sense or 'moral high ground'. That's not to say the rest of the newspapers are exempt of this, far from it. But that particular newspaper highlights the idiots among us (several of the comments on their website are beyond reason and I hope they're a poor attempt at satire).

AOS, spend it all, now!!!!!! :P (on her, well I say her, presents for both of you ;)).

The daily mail did blame the shooter, tried to make out, it was he alone, that decided to shoot. It's a vile newspaper and a representation of people with a warped sense or 'moral high ground'. That's not to say the rest of the newspapers are exempt of this, far from it. But that particular newspaper highlights the idiots among us (several of the comments on their website are beyond reason and I hope they're a poor attempt at satire).

Very true, it worries me that, while sorting a PC for someone they were trying to access that website with it lodged in their favourites. Now I hoped this was for comedy value, but based on what I have seen at work they take it a bit too seriously, worryingly.

However this is the happy thread so yeah. Here is my one, after a random end to a relationship last August I met and chatted with the person. We have both got over it and all seems good so that is a plus.

Also for the first time in my life I saw the Auroura Borealis, faintly over the skies of Auchnagatt, it looked nice.

'FireKnife'

Umbrella/Samurai sword thing:

The police point guns at you and shout drop the sword, you don't go "actually officer I think you'll find it's an umbrella" or wave it about.

You drop it.  Then you explain later that it is an umbrella and yes, it is pretty stupid having an umbrella that looks like a sword.

If you are mental or such you will be shot, this is not the police's fault, this is the fault of the person who is responsible for the care of said mental person.

I said run the guy over because I don't think all police should have firearms, I like the idea that all the armed police here are specially trained SWAT units if you like.

In Uhmerica you do hear a lot of stories about police officers who have had severe skill fade in the use of firearms or just make a really stupid call and bad things happen.

The police should have old second hand cars, basically all police cars should be seized criminal's cars.  Big V8s and Evos.  Stop buying new cars, it's a waste of money.

Arrest a drug dealler, take his car, put a big bull bar on it, paint it white, sticker it up and off you go.  There should be a basic police pack you can glue to the roof and a console you can nail to the dash.

Make that expensive if you like but it moves from car to car as you wreck them.

And wreck them you will.

Somebody running and the cops in hot pursuit?  Head on collision with a seized police hummer driven by a specially trained "stunt-cop" will sort that.

Motorbike running from the police?  Fully auto beanbag firing shotgun in the bed of a seized pickup.  Shoot him off the bike (not your fault if he isn't wearing leathers) and collect the parts.

Clarkson's Boadicea spikes were a good idea but as usual he was ambitious but rubbish.  The spikes do not need to be on the wheels to work, the criminals tyres will be rotating already, your knife does not need to be.  Have a blade on the corner of the police car's bull bar to shred the criminal's tyres.

Anyway, what has made me happy today?  It was pay-day yesterday and I spent a butt-load of money of stuff:

Inverter for my laptop screen.

2*Brake line noodles (135°).

2*Self sealing inner tubes.

185mm IS to post mount adapter.

Spoke wrench.

Hope compatible kevlar brake pads.

2*Jagwire slick Sram compatible brake cables.

Thule 591 roof rack bike carrier.

3*Self adhesive cable guides.

4*(1 set) Hope phenolic pistons for M4 brakes

5l jug of brake and clutch cleaner.

1m of orange Shimano SP41 brake cable outer.

5*roll of orange electrical tape.

Handlebar bag.

203mm brake disc.

Under armour long sleeve t-shirt.

New bar tape.

2*(1 set) ceramic bearing jockey wheels.

Pineapple and mango electrolyte tablets.

Grape electrolyte tablets.

Seat mounted double water bottle mount.

2*Water bottle holders.

2*Water bottles.

2m of 5mm hydraulic hose.

1 Puncture resistant tyre.

2*Tiny little metal clip to hold brake pads in.

Cable cutting tool.

10*Crimp on cable ends.

Jagwire orange gear cable kit.

That should do it.  I'm watching a few other auctions too...

Archived