Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice weather today. Type of sweater makes me think a drive to the Lake District is in order. Failing that, taking the children to the park will suffice.

Xbox One arrived yesterday, I was smiling till virgin said they can't set-up the broadband till a week Tuesday.

Semi make smile moment. Going for a a meal tonight and it's proper pub grub meal. Hhmmmm, stake and ale pie please. *fruitcage* yes.

Sunny!

Wife let me have a lie in, so no child related duties this morning.

Off out with the dogs and family in a bit too, to enjoy said sunshine.

Sausage butty first, cooked by wifey.

Steak for tea tonight, cooked by me!

Life is good :)

Same as Shmook here - first proper day of sun we've had this year.

Not working this morning, so had a nice lie-in, which appears to have helped my cold/flu no end. Still sound like a budget darth vader, but feeling better. 

Someone coming to look at the Mrs' old car this afternoon too, so that should put some money back into the bank.

That and I get to *rickroll* about later and install the new DAB radio into our new car. Good times :D

Oh, and potentially a BBQ at Marlowe's house next weekend. Life is good.

Inverter for my laptop screen.

185mm IS to post mount adapter.

Thule 591 roof rack bike carrier.

5*roll of orange electrical tape.

Handlebar bag.

Under armour long sleeve t-shirt.

New bar tape.

2*(1 set) ceramic bearing jockey wheels.

Pineapple and mango electrolyte tablets.

Grape electrolyte tablets.

Seat mounted double water bottle mount.

2*Water bottle holders.

2*Water bottles.

2m of 5mm hydraulic hose.

1 Puncture resistant tyre.

2*Tiny little metal clip to hold brake pads in.

Cable cutting tool.

10*Crimp on cable ends.

All arrived today, some things were frustrating because I had enough parts to do half of each of the jobs I needed to do.

Fixed the laptop, fitted the roof bar to the car.

Tightened up the rear spokes, sorted the tyres.

Spent some time on the bike, it was fun.

The brazialians family and their gov can *fruitcage* off whining about the police here. We don't have roving death squads that murder people at random coppers that stop you for speeding out of the airport and take a bribe setring you up for a bigger bribe needed later abs police forces that are just annother *fruitcage* gang. They cant say *suitcase* about the uk bwing corrupt and awful until they fix their own place. We have investigations in this country that do find the police accountable for mistakes. One of the main reasons the guy ran when orderdd to stop was his experience of brazilian police..... they don't mention that while screamimg how awful the cops here are do they....

As for the armed copper debate it's gonna happen and it kind of needs to to be honest.

Back ontopic with the positives medicals for driver ng licenses booked for a week or so hopefully we will both get a yes

Just got back from a 92km ride, first 80 were OK but the last 12 into the headwind very nearly killed me, I didn't take enough food (partially because the clamp for my hadlebar bag is too small and the bigger one is still in the post).

Stupid waterbottle holders combined with medway's truly apocalyptic road surfaces (by that I mean that the road surfaces here are how they will be 20 years after the apocalypse everywhere else)  meant that my water bottle jumped out and broke on the ground.

It's not hard to repair roads, with the computer technology we have now we should be able to log each square foot of road repair to an individual worker and if it fails prematurely due to poor workmanship you can throw the knob in prison.

Brakes are a lot better now though.

Waiting giddily for my SERPA thigh platform to turn up, hopefully tomorrow and I have it off too. Got fed up of having it on a fabric drop leg and its too high on my RRV.

Best thing is it cost me nothing. :D

As for the armed copper debate it's gonna happen and it kind of needs to to be honest.

It won't for a while, and it doesn't.

I am super 'pro gun', and have an interest in the above on top of that, but not every cop needs to be armed with a firearm.

Taser though? Hell yes.

To be honest the average police officer knows as much about guns as everyone else typically.

The same even goes for places like the US where a gun is a much more prominent tool, in some states especially, and even they don't really learn or know that much about their own.

Training every police officer in the UK with even just a basic handgun would be a nightmare and would lead to wildly variable results (plus it would weed out the heavy handed officers in a very distressing way as we all know their are few out there). Even the simple Glock would be tough enough and that requires little effort at all by comparison.

'FireKnife'

I recall commentating to an English/Irish student in one of my classes (mother whose husband is American) about the incident in Plymouth.  Her response was "they should have just sent in a few bobbies to club the *bramston pickle*."

Having seen what happens in that game when you call down Mr.Slave I think they really have gone for the silly fun factor that only SP can do.

Plus the fact that whenever you go into places like the cinema it has voice overs from the show (like playing the 'Rob Schnieder is a........' joke).

Though as for what makes me happy, well it is a quick day at work today so all is good.

'FireKnife'

Decided to run my clothing setup for next Saturday out in the snow for a bit.  Just went inner child and crawled about, did barrel rolls, pretended to take naps on my back, ran about and dived straight at the snow. 

I am so far out of shape that I lack lines to make one.

I can't wait to go. :D

According to the interwebs, due to the fact we don't need to wear bullet resistant vests in airsoft, the Weaver stance is better to adopt when facing towards your target.

So glad it comes naturally to me then, can't get the hang of classic or modern Isosceles. Good old internet videos giving me ideas.

'FireKnife'

Just got back from a day out in the snow.  Role-played as horrible stereotypes of villagers in Afghanistan, and the day was just filled with laughter.  I accidentally broke my rear sight on my aks-74, spent most of the day standing around, and pretty sure I did not get a single kill personally with my SVD, but it was the kind of fun I wish I had more often.

Did I forget to mention we took a castle, unarmed, by just yelling at the armed lads inside?  We even got payed in "powder" by the folks leaving it.

Finally uploaded the video of me unboxing the Alien Funko figure:-

Soundtrack provided by my daughter (very errie).

''B...b...but it is no longer MINT IN PACKAGING!!!!!!!!'' :D

Good to see it being used for what it was intended, opened up and played with.

Also all unboxing videos need the sound of an ecstatic child in them. :P

'FireKnife'

Archived