Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realized today while watching an A-team episode that my favorite character on the NCIS show's actor, David McCallum, not only was in said episode, but by the title of it I recall him also being from the show that I wish I saw more of, "The Man from U.N.C.L.E".

Forget all these wannabe agents and spies they make on network shows now, just put McCallum on. 

An airsofter I know on Facebook is a raging geardo. At a night game I went to, he and his teammates had gen 3 nvgs and thermal weapon sights, all illegally sourced and worth easily in the tens of thousands of pounds.

He recently posted a load of pictures of himself on Facebook using all of this kit, making them his profile and cover images.

Less than a week on, his flat was broken into and his stuff stolen. I'm trying really hard to be sympathetic, but all I can manage is howling, tumultuous schadenfreude.

An airsofter I know on Facebook is a raging geardo. At a night game I went to, he and his teammates had gen 3 nvgs and thermal weapon sights, all illegally sourced and worth easily in the tens of thousands of pounds.

He recently posted a load of pictures of himself on Facebook using all of this kit, making them his profile and cover images.

Less than a week on, his flat was broken into and his stuff stolen. I'm trying really hard to be sympathetic, but all I can manage is howling, tumultuous schadenfreude.

He had all the money for that but not the intelligence cash to buy a £200 safe? ;)

Damn, can't edit.

Managed to blag a 128GB SSD for free. That is about the perfect size for my home laptop and still keep what I need on it.

Now to see if the power of SSD really is that awesome when it gets consistent home use.

'FireKnife'

Got an Element 553 coming in soon. :) Been looking for a 553 for ages and it was a toss-up between Element, WE or Hurricane but Hurricane ones are pretty hard to find these days and I've not seen enough reviews/experience of the sights WE  sell to invest.

Knowing my luck it'll be terrible but at least it'll look gucci.

Damn, can't edit.

Managed to blag a 128GB SSD for free. That is about the perfect size for my home laptop and still keep what I need on it.

Now to see if the power of SSD really is that awesome when it gets consistent home use.

'FireKnife'

They are worth it, I got a crappy Kingston one (only found out it was poo after I bought it), but it's still far faster than a normal drive. There's some good guides online on how to get the most out of them.

I must admit we did end up with about 10 30GB and 3-4 64GB ones, all Kingston.

At the moment my boot time is down to about just over half what it was. Add in that my transfer rate around the PC is now minimal all is good.

The only issue is that I still have a basic AMD 2.1GHz Dual Core and only 4GB RAM so some stuff still runs a bit slow. I will upgrade to a proper desktop when I move and settle but for now being able to play RE4 and a few other classic-ish games does me.

Now to work out what to do with the spare 64GB SSD I have lying around, anyone? :P

'FireKnife'

Even though it has still been rough lately, being able to build an ak74n out of my aks-74 today brought a smile to my face.

Now if only I could get to the field this weekend.  Zombie Jesus Day dinner at my sister's residence is currently collaborating with my college to deter me.

Well my SSD is chugging along like a champ and all is good.

Also I have a job interview in Dunfermline lined up for next week (a job I am likely to get due to being a touch over qualified but with a chance for advancement so can't comaplain).

So yeah good running laptop, finally got my GOG.com copy of STALKER Call of Pripyat running and probably moving away from Aberdeen and close to the lovely Central Belt. Can't complain at all.

'FireKnife'

Archived