Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

Going to Smyths today, to buy my daughter some toys (Sylvanian Family). I'll try not to wonder off to the lego aisle (she's only 3 this Saturday and is too young for normal lego).

You are never of any age that you can't learn how awesome lego is. Plus they do have Duplo remember :P.

But of course Lego is awesome.

Also confirmed that I am starting my new job on the 19th, time to go and get me a place to stay and celebrate even more.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a lego board sticky tacked to my dash board for.. entertainment.

Missus buys me* mini-figures and sets up diaramas on the dash while driving.

*Actual conversation she had:

Clerk- "oh, is this for your kids?"

Her- "No, it's for my boyfriend, he's 24"

So I am not the only 24yr old with a perchant for setting up random figure dioramas :P.

That reminds me though, I need to go to a car-boot and buy another mass of random bricks and redo my multi-colour house where each room is full size for the scale and colour co-ordinated (all the lounge is blue walled, the bathroom red walled, the bedroom yellow etc).

'FireKnife'

anyone see that theyre doing a proper lego simpsons episode on 4th may?

Awesome.

I'm 37 and and I'm counting down the days until they're releasing Ghostbusters Lego in June.

Wait, Ghostbusters Lego? Yyyyyyyaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!

I too am 34, and love lego.

If I could get away with spreading boxes of it across the lounge and spend the day lying on my front while building cool stuff, I would...

Reminds me of my Saturdays when I was about ten. Had so much stuff from so many sets. All I regret now is breaking down my classic Deep Sea exploration vehicle and then losing the instruction for it :P.

EDIT: Also just found Brickipedia, it is making me regret selling my old sets like the Divers and Res-Q ones.

'FireKnife'

I had an MFO box full of Lego and my ex girlfriend took it in the break up.

That reminds me.

Track down and kill ex girlfriend.

I did not know what Curuso was.  Bit of a game changer that.  Seems to me that is what Sir Tim Berners-Lee was thinking of when he invented the WWW.

Anyone can put up their own lego set and if it gets 10,000 votes, it gets reviewed by lego. There was a Shaun of the Dead set (The Winchester) but it wasn't picked up due to the adult theme. Looks like doctor who is going to get released next.

Hhmmm chicken.

I am 31 and each christmas my wife gets me a new Lego star wars set. Last time it was a Tie-fighter. Also my son is under two so still has to play with Dublo. He has an awesome electric train set. I must get more tracks for it so we can build a railway all around the appartment.

Still contemplating getting the Delorean kit. "must resist urge to buy more toys!"

I am confused, is Bounty making a new coconut bar thingy?

EDIT: I just received a giant package (ohh-err) with my Leman Russes and stuff. Now a night of pain, glued hands and much hilarity ensues.

'FireKnife'

I genuinely don't understand how people can afford both hobbies. Not bought any GW stuff for well over a year. Then again I'm waiting for FW to cover Space Wolves in the Heresy, then I will have to sell what is left of my soul. Going to build any of the massive Plasma Cannon of Doom variants? Can't remember the name off the top of my head. Tanks are good. :D

Frustrated my physio, he's adamant I should have a cast and when I turned round and said I couldn't afford it he thought I meant actually afford the cast. Silly man, I said I'd happily take a cast if he would pay my wages while I'm off, got a little laugh. Need this sorted because no airsoft until its done (but gives me time to try and sort my bloody rifle I guess).

I genuinely don't understand how people can afford both hobbies. Not bought any GW stuff for well over a year. Then again I'm waiting for FW to cover Space Wolves in the Heresy, then I will have to sell what is left of my soul. Going to build any of the massive Plasma Cannon of Doom variants? Can't remember the name off the top of my head. Tanks are good. :D

Frustrated my physio, he's adamant I should have a cast and when I turned round and said I couldn't afford it he thought I meant actually afford the cast. Silly man, I said I'd happily take a cast if he would pay my wages while I'm off, got a little laugh. Need this sorted because no airsoft until its done (but gives me time to try and sort my bloody rifle I guess).

Both are becoming plasma tanks of death (Executioner by the way) with another being the Punisher (it has a gatling cannon, I don't care how 'effective' it is).

However as for affording both I have a habit of getting good deals and for the moment until my move airsoft stuff is a tad limited. However once moved my 40k army will probably stay as it is while my airsoft stuff gets all the cash spent on it.

Plus watched the 'latest' (I assume it is) Futurama series and they recognised there own meme of ''not sure if...... or......''. That always makes me chuckle.

'FireKnife'

I am confused, is Bounty making a new coconut bar thingy?

Not that I'm aware of, it was a joke on my part.

I'm guessing he meant army bounty :)

Ooh, even low-powered swears describing poo get edited. Who knew?!!

Archived