Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, in the books they're always described as wearing black uniforms with a "cameleoline" cloak, which according to the fluff is almost an active camouflage type affair. I was gonna use a camo poncho with the front section thrown over the shoulder under the back section for that bunched over the chest look.

I was gonna go for something along the lines of a british style uniform dyed black, black beret with relevant badge, OD plce and gaiters, camo poncho cloak (maybe cadpat for a futuristic look, maybe something a bit more traditional in pattern)

Well if you go along the lines of the book then you are looking at black base uniform with an adaptive camo cloak.

If however you take the cover of some books then it is a black top and camo trousers or a green sleeveless top and camo trousers. Finally the GW models are actually classically done in black top, camo trousers and camo cloak.

It seems that the best bet would be to take the book description (haven't got any copies to hand myself) and build it from that, aiming for the closest picture that matches that. The cloak is an odd one though as it sounds a bit like the Elven ones from LOTR that adapts to look like its surroundings. Good luck with that idea :P.

'FireKnife'

Well if you go along the lines of the book then you are looking at black base uniform with an adaptive camo cloak.

If however you take the cover of some books then it is a black top and camo trousers or a green sleeveless top and camo trousers. Finally the GW models are actually classically done in black top, camo trousers and camo cloak.

It seems that the best bet would be to take the book description (haven't got any copies to hand myself) and build it from that, aiming for the closest picture that matches that. The cloak is an odd one though as it sounds a bit like the Elven ones from LOTR that adapts to look like its surroundings. Good luck with that idea :P.

'FireKnife'

I guess I'll have to buy one of each camo pattern that I can find and wear the one that's appropriate for the site.

I have all the Ghosts books at home, am somewhat of a Dan Abnett fanboy.

I guess I'll have to buy one of each camo pattern that I can find and wear the one that's appropriate for the site.

I have all the Ghosts books at home, am somewhat of a Dan Abnett fanboy.

Well true. Personally I would just see it being a woodland loadout for me so would stick to that. However now to find the other kit I need in black and some form of webbing. I am thinking 58 pattern given that it is described as rather typical, green military webbing.

Same, though I sold mine off when I moved. Might have to pick them back up again when I move to my new place.

Tanith loadout would be something to work too! What was that airsoft group that did Cadian/Tanith stuff? Didn't they have schematics for turning a G36 into a lasgun?

I recall hearing about this group. I do think some of the Guard looks could be made into a workable airsoft loadout though the armour for the Cadian one would be interesting. As for a Lasgun I would have said a G3 / MC-51 might look better than a G36 but then with the mods it could......

Wait what thread are we in again. :P

EDIT: Also atfer much pain and swearing at plastic all my tanks are built. Now just to wait for the lazy sods to send out the parts to finish off my last few models. Seriously when you only have one business and you are not on holiday how does it take more than 48hrs to send out four bloody parts / two sets of sprues?

'FireKnife'

The original primer goes for silly money these days, being as it is out of print now. :)

I know the group you mean. Called themselves the "Scarovian IX" iirc, they're on this forum somewhere.

Their G36 lasgun mod is the route I will eventually take but with a tracer installed too, plus a Swiss bayonet on the belt for my straight silver. ;)

Hmm, ok have found my indoor loadout for this: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mordian_Iron_Guard

or this: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Praetorian_Guard#.U2Dlm1f2ZAM

Though knowing me it will more likely be Tanith. Trying to avoid the more armour based ones as it isn't great for airsoft and I am nowhere near 'Arnie' enough for the Catachans.

'FireKnife'

I would think Tallarn Desert Raiders would be workable as well, just get a tan top over od bottom, some custom leather webbing and a Shemagh.  The armor bits on them could pretty much be shoulder pads with molded features on them.

Plus, you get to wear tanker goggles and use a scimitar for knife kills. 

The Valhallan Ice Warriors would be for a winter loadout.

Though FK you truly need to embrace your inner Finreht Highlander.
:D

SIgh, I really should be examining before work for an exam tomorrow....

I would think Tallarn Desert Raiders would be workable as well, just get a tan top over od bottom, some custom leather webbing and a Shemagh.  The armor bits on them could pretty much be shoulder pads with molded features on them.

Plus, you get to wear tanker goggles and use a scimitar for knife kills. 

The Valhallan Ice Warriors would be for a winter loadout.

Though FK you truly need to embrace your inner Finreht Highlander.

:D

SIgh, I really should be examining before work for an exam tomorrow....

Tallaran would be fun and can be sans armour given some of the models. Valhallan would be bulky but a lot of fun and Finreht Highlander is just way too abscure :P.

I'd love to do a Harakoni Warhawks setup, being as my airsoft team is called the Warhawks.

But now we're just getting unnecessarily complex and obscure. :D

Dang it has been a while since I saw the Harakoni Warhawks. The Elysian Drop Troops are about the closest I have seen to them now, given that they are the only now official drop troop army.

Damn, now I am looking at doing a model copy of the Tanith. The webbing, black top, camo trousers and hat are easy enough (hat is referenced in the books) but the cloak is going to be interesting. Or I could muscle up and be Marbo with a pistol, big training rubber knife and a lot of spare pyro :P.

EDIT: I think I have found a winner for strangest name and costume: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Semtexian_Bombadiers

'FireKnife'

My favourite incredulous question was always:

"How many Lascannons do you have on the board?"

Yeah, lots.  In one case (and I can't remember the specifics but I was playing against grey knights) the answer was "More than 2 each for every model you are fielding."

Pew pew pew.

However I have a deep, deep love for autocannons.

The last guard army I had was themed around them, there was a set of Forgeworld rules that gave a points value for chimera with an autocannon.

Chimera autocannons, Sentinel autocannons, HW teams full of autocannons.

I had a lot of the buggers.

Over 40 in some configurations of my army.

that makes me a sad panda :(

Ok now that is my next idea for a loadout, Sexual Harassment Panda (given that it is me).

And all of us are nerds, in fact given the criteria for nerds everyone I know is a nerd :P.

Though Stunt no-one needs that many Autocannons, plus they do suck a bit when compared to other things.

Still I have a thing for tanks and lots of cheap meatshields men to back them up. Add in some psykers and now I am off to the actual WH thread ;).

'FireKnife'

If you went to a game dressed as sexual harassment panda, I think the whole arnies community would turn out to shoot see you!

As for the nerds comment, always tongue in cheek. We play with toy guns, and I was banging on in another thread somewhere about dying to play with lego again :P

So, manager took me aside today and told me I'm almost ready for my promotion. Whoop!

It's not great, it's  a 45 pence/hour rise, working about 30-40 hours a week, but considering I make a weekly wage atm and need to do so for about two years (due to some git getting me into trouble with debt collectors) it will make a difference to me. Given I live paycheck to paycheck and barely have enough money to feed myself let alone fuel both airsoft and 30K.

It's ironic I can't afford a salaried job at the moment...

Waiting to see if my mythical pay raise after 5 years of golf season work as a cart staff member will occur on my first paycheck or be far down the line.  Supposedly a close friend of the family and fellow worker/higher up the ladder has been hammering the two managers about the ridiculousness of it not occurring long ago, seeing how committed I've been to said deadbeat job.

Got to have for once a decent, competent co-worker for cart staff today.  First girl since my first year to work outside, her third day on the job and she is doing better than any of the lads I've personally trained in that little of time. 

Shame the younger members of the inside staff and bar staff can't be mature for *fruitcage* all.  I put up with them all I can, but sometimes you just really, really, really want to run them over with a golf cart.

Now, I just got to fail a German Exam tomorrow, and I'll be free to play video games, get back on the treadmill again, work, and maybe get to go airsofting, for about a week, because summer classes start May 12, and I get to play the lovely balancing game in its summer edition.

Sigh, I still manage to be depressing in the happy thread.

Sigh, I still manage to be depressing in the happy thread.

You really need to find something to alleviate your bad streak. Might I suggest women? Oh wait that might not help get rid of issues, might just make more :P.

As for me well I have secured my job, I now have that manly word of 'Engineer' in my title (just an Analyst at the moment) and I have finally got my eBay stuff marked as dispatched.

Now just to find a place to live.

'FireKnife'

Having seen the amount of dust and dirt that accumulates on office computers he probably does :P.

I got a busy day of errands and trying to put up blinds without a ladder. I can get through it though, as tonight im off out for a nice big t-bone and have left over pizza for lunch.

Do you ever finish work with dirt under your nails?

I finish the day with nails under my dirt.

Having seen the amount of dust and dirt that accumulates on office computers he probably does :P.

I got a busy day of errands and trying to put up blinds without a ladder. I can get through it though, as tonight im off out for a nice big t-bone and have left over pizza for lunch.

Don't remind me. Picked up a PC from one area of the mill I am currently at. Accidentally dropped it all of 10cm off the ground and it let out a large cloud of dust particales all over the operations room. It got everywhere :P.

'FireKnife'

Archived