Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're not.

I wouldn't move to Scotland.

What's wrong with............... actually no fair point. Scotland is lovely to look and retire to but the only really centre of life, culture and business all in one is in the Central Belt. :P

However first I have to do the usual paperwork filling, groan.

'FireKnife'

Got a mate coming over for pizza and beers, and I'm gonna introduce him to the joys off GBBs, mainly my SVI infinity.

Your going to shoot him with them? :P

At least that is what happenend the last time I said that to some. However that was a typical know it all being a *rickroll* at a game, assuming that all things GBB were useless and he has never been hit out by one :D.

'FireKnife'

Haha, fair enough.

Well I ordered a cheap surplus jacket to finish off my late 90s Merc / KLA-esque loadout off and it arrived in less than 24hrs. Win-win for all of £4.95 :P.

Plus my barrel to change over on my Series 70 has also turned up. Means I have finally got a chance to make this pistol sans the light: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:ColdFear_07.jpg

'FireKnife'

Raining outside on the day I don't have to work, so just stay in bed for most of the day and troll the web.

Just finished watching the Victory Day parade in Red Square, always brings a happy glow to me when I see the children of veterans of both WW2 and later wars sitting with them and smiling as their grandparents and parents point out parts of the parade.

I am spending today finishing plaster boarding my kitchen, plumbing it and throwing a few cables in.

Again, doesn't sound like fun, but it is. I enjoy the work, and it will give a rather pleasant sense of accomplishment when I can say "I did this".

I got Thursday and Friday night off too from doing this, as my plasterer was due this morning, but called to change to Monday instead, so instead of working till midnight+ and then work the next day I got to spend a couple of nights with wifey and son, and even went to the pub for a couple last night.

Rock and roll, me...

I really wish one year Eurovision was brought to you by 'Google Translate', now that would be great to see what the lyircs ended up being :P.

Still I ended up missing it but I was busy with sorting a flat. How bad was it?

'FireKnife'

I woke up with the theme tune to "Some Mothers Do 'ave 'em" stuck in my head, and I've not seen that show for literally years.

Also, yesterday I ate a Lion bar for the first time in about 6-7 years.

It is highly likely I will have sorted a flat before I start work, yay.

Also the place I am moving to looks a lot better than where I am now, double yay.

Finally a whole new crop of women that don't know who I am or what I am like yet, triple yay.

Now to just survive out my last week at my present job :P.

'FireKnife'

MY KITCHEN IS BEING PLASTERED!

I can do just about anything around a house, but can't plaster to save my life. 2 plasterers are here, and they will have it done in a day. Can't wait for it!

I think a place in every town or city district should be set up called the 'Test House'.

You want to practice DIY but want to see if it will work / you wont balls it up? You go try it at the 'test house'.

Everyone gets to book a day or a week in it on a room by room basis and then you can strip it back, try what you want and then know if it will go wrong etc.

Could be an idea for all those ex-council houses that I wouldn't even let animals nest in never mind humans.

'FireKnife'

Plastering is something I will always pay the experts to do.  So easy to *fruitcage* up and then you'll be looking at *suitcasey* walls/ceilings until you pay someone to do it again.

Plastering is something I will always pay the experts to do.  So easy to *fruitcage* up and then you'll be looking at *suitcasey* walls/ceilings until you pay someone to do it again.

Wasn't there a style in 1980s USA, particularly Miami for plastering?

I mean seriously some people seem to like it poorly done.

'FireKnife'

Archived