Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

It just annoys me hearing mates partners moan about their spending on themselves especially if it's like some cases here where they pay all the bills because of their income. It's the entitlement to their partners money that grates I guess.

I wouldn't run a joint account other than a joint household bills account tbh.

Ok happy thread in theory my hellgate global download has worked! And iv reset up my gaming stuff to deal with being depressed and tired all the time

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got Chief Wiggum in my Simpsons Lego lucky dip bag purchase at hobby craft. Nice.

Didn't have tan paint though, but did have the dark brown I needed. Ups and downs in a first world problem kind of world.

*fruitcage*, I just got Lisa and that is not one I wanted :(.

Also just got informed about an application at my work that turns a phone into a point-of-sale.

However the item was entitled 'add-on that turns your phone into a POS'. All I could think of 'wait there is an add on to turn other phones into iPhones?'

'FireKnife'

I'm at work but actually I'm in the pub.

I have a bottle of homebrew cider waiting for me when I get home.

I'm not even allowed a can of coke at my desk, let alone to be at the pub when I should be working.

I have a bottle of homebrew cider waiting for me when I get home.

I'm not even allowed a can of coke at my desk, let alone to be at the pub when I should be working.

Not to rub salt in the wound but today (when supposed to be working) I was having a pizza with about half my workforce.

As sod working on a Friday right?

'FireKnife'

Because I work for a company that works for the army there is a surprising number of times that I can't do anything because none of our students are there.

Monday morning, Wednesday afternoon, Friday morning, a lot of Friday afternoons, all the bank holidays, the Queen's birthday (imaginary zombie jesus bless you Ma'am) and loads of times when the CO decides that something else is more important than training.

This afternoon I went out for a run and did some bike maintenance in preparation for my new brakes arriving tomorrow.

That is what I am happy about today.

I have been in a brilliant mood all day.

Today I paid for:

Sram MY15 S-700 10 speed hydraulic road brakes and levers, they have only been available for a couple of days.  I wanted last year's version but Sram had to do a total product recall due to a manufacturing/design problem.

I am confident that they have sorted it so I'm not even waiting for the reviews to come out.  I'm in.

Sram's attitude to this problem has been brilliant throughout the whole situation.

This is really exciting for me, I have been using a good but flawed system made by Hope to convert cable to hydraulic brakes until now and I am really happy to be removing a layer of complication from my bike.

Shimano's hydraulic road brake system is only available if you do to their Di2 electronic shifting which I am not ready to do.

This is patient zero, the whole bike world will change from here.  As soon as the UCI pull their corrupt stinking heads out of their diseased flaccis *albartrotheth* and allow disc brakes on racing bikes there will be no looking back.

I have also paid for:

Some adapters so I can switch between 203 and 140mm brake disks.

Some P20 sun block.

A Sram MY2014 Force 22 Yaw front dérailleur which is 10 speed compatible and very sexy.

A Castelli jersey

Some bar tape

2 tubes of High 5 orange and cherry electrolyte tablets

A water bottle

Some bike juice that has a mix of carbs and protein, I'm not sure if it will work (or taste nice) but I'll give it a whack.

And an Avid brake bleeding kit in case I need to cut the hoses on the new brakes to fit them .

Brakes are the most important thing on a bike, the power and feel has to be just so.

I am never more happy than when my brakes are dialled perfectly, it gives you so much confidence.

I attended a game at The Fort, my first proper airsoft game in over a year at an actual site not run by one gormless bloke or a bunch of paintballers that didn't have a clue.

Also, and I really don't know how, I was voted 'outstanding player of the day' and gifted with an M4A1.

Plus it is my 25th today so should be happy about that.

But either way I got a M4A1. Now to see if anyone wants it given that I am a gas and up close player and the M4 just doesn't suit me.

'FireKnife'

Happy birthday FK. Now go and buy the Lego ecto1, as you won't regret it.

Thanks, and I am just away (once I sort out a few things to put on eBay) to buy myself a whole Lego City setup with all the cool extras and bits :P

Happy birthday FK!

I want a Lego X-Wing, shame the one I'm looking at retails for almost £160

Really? Scale? I recall being able to get one for about £30 that was mini-fig scale (as in you could fit a Luke in pilot kit figure in it and it was scaled around him).

'FireKnife'

Archived