Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost never use the sights, if the weather is bright I point-shoot the weapon, even AEGs.

I then use fall of shot to correct.

When it is dark I do the same thing with tracer.

Even more effective.

Thanks FK and Alex.

I feel a lot better, that game in the video you can see how fatigued I was, just moving around.

Now I feel like I can just keep on trucking all day.

I always make sure I've zero'd my sights, even though I often point-shoot.

I take an even split between running and gunning where I'm pointshooting a lot, and more measured assault where I use my sights for accurate aimed shots.

Having a zero'd sight doesn't stop you from being able to point shoot though, but without one, good luck trying to hit that one elbow that's sticking out of cover at 20m.

I always make sure I've zero'd my sights, even though I often point-shoot.

I take an even split between running and gunning where I'm pointshooting a lot, and more measured assault where I use my sights for accurate aimed shots.

Having a zero'd sight doesn't stop you from being able to point shoot though, but without one, good luck trying to hit that one elbow that's sticking out of cover at 20m.

True it does help but even with a zeroed sight on some guns hitting that elbow at 20m is still going to take either a lucky shot or about 5-7 'aimed' ones by which time the elbow has moved. Saying that many people seem to trust way to much to their sights (often red-dots I find) and assume that they will always hit.

It does make me laugh especially when people forget that sights, due to height over bore, are fixed to a set distance. When they start firing at what the sights are aiming at yet the shots are going about two inches too low or too high always makes me chuckle.

And that for today is what makes me laugh, people putting a bit too much faith (not meaning you Darklite, just quoted your post for reference) in a low powered gun propelling something that weighs next to nothing at a spot that is all of 1x1cm in their eyes at range.

'FireKnife'

Yeah that's why high ROF bursts are the way forward.

You shoot those 5-7 "aimed" shots in a 10th of a second and you are orders of magnitude more likely to score a hit.

Call me old fashioned, but that just sounds like a variation on spamming until you hit something.

Went old school. Now the waiting begins till it's delivered.

Going to use it at the next skirmish if it rains. If it's sunny like today, am rocking the t-shirt (way too hot for anything else).

Nice! Was going to suggest a dennison, they are cool :)

Three round burst is very handy, I've got to agree there. When using the 3rd burst on an MP5K, it did but a smile on my face (not good in a 30rd mag but easy to keep track of 10 trigger pulls at 3 rounds per pull).

Trying to watch a film called 'Texas Killing Fields'. It's a veery serious subject but it's as though the direct said to the actors 'try your best to be extreme examples of clichés within a detective story'. It just plods along. For some odd reason, I don't care who lives or dies. Why does it make me smile though? Because I didn't go the cinema to watch it or buy it on blu-ray/DVD. Just taped it off the tele. Can't take it anymore, it's getting turned off. Oh wait hang on. Nope, still ramming it down your neck way too hard. You don have to show everything (then it becomes voyeuristic). Definitly glad I didn't buy it.

Call me old fashioned, but that just sounds like a variation on spamming until you hit something.

With any of the "force multiplier" techniques it depends on whether the person employing the technique is an oxygen thief.

I would argue that in my case it is actually more "milsim" than using single shot.

If I aim at a target 20m away using a real weapon system I will hit the thing every time.

With airsoft I might hit it, probably.

If I fire a 5 round burst I will be much more likely to hit it which is more realistic.

A 5 round burst from my Galil mags will give me 26 shots, a 4 round burst will give 32 and a 3 round burst is 42.

More realistic mag capacity.

I'm not a scumbag, I kill responsibly.

Maybe, but is it milsim to fight battles where the two sides are never more than about 50 m apart? You absolutely cannot try to compare airsoft and real ballistics, it just falls apart on so many levels.

If you want realistic mag capacity, only put 35 BBs in them.

I was just talking about he hit probability.

In all seriousness a rifle of any kind has enough accuracy so that at reasonable ranges if you missed it was your fault, not the rifle.

Airsoft stuff is the other way, I know guys who wash their bbs and spend hours setting up airsoft sniper rifles so that they can reliably hit a guy's torso at 60 meters.

It's a push but a person with a similar level of commitment could probably get to that level of accuracy with a 9mm pistol.

I want to see a guy, bring up the rifle, aim fire and hit.  Burst gives me that, the higher the ROF of the burst the better because you want all the bbs travelling down a cone centred on the target.  If your burst take too long the point of aim will probably shift especially firing from an unsupported position.

With single shot what I usually get is, see guy, bring up rifle, aim, fire, miss, guy turns round and fires 200 shots, utterly riddling me, my oppos and anyone standing near me regardless of team or marshal status.

On top of that a burst is much kinder to the workings of an AEG; minimises the chances of a bb deflecting off a twig, blade of grass or passing insect; reduces the chances that the target won't feel it because it hits a pouch or loose piece of clothing; whitens teeth; increases sperm motility; reduces the deficit; brings about peace in the middle east and finds Jimmy Hoffa's body.

Eh, I mostly run pistols, meaning I have to get close enough to near guarentee a hit as after 2-3 shots the rest are just wasted.

However it does mean that indoors I double tap everything. Turn a corner and find someone standing about 4-5m away then double tap. If somehow I miss then yeah I will duck back and engage them as quick as I can to remove them from the game, just without trying to waste ammo.

When I have an AEG (usually something small, light and stockless) I employ a simple 'stroke of the trigger', that usually means 3-4 shots and is enough if I am close enough. Again beyond that it is just wasting shots (if I need to pin someone and have the ammo then fair enough but beyond that no).

'FireKnife'

So got a week off at the end of the month (need to find out what actual week it is, 28th onwards would be amazing as could still do the anniversary game at my local) where I can go "home" see where my mum's moved to, move some (and probably the bulk of my airsoft gear) and speak to the pub/hotel manager in person at the place I'm intending on transferring to.

Also thinking up odds and sods airsoft projects, plus shopping lists for tools I can then justify to myself. Thinking a nice bit of RIS on the underside of my 203 for a vert grip for one. Questionable viability though. xD

You can get vertical grips that fit directly onto an M203.

Interesting. Was inspired by the 203 in Lone Survivor but to me that looked like a armourer's custom job. Will take a look and see if I find one I like/can fit it to a Dboys.

Also, bacon and cheese potato skins alongside jalepeno mozeralla bites (just a shame there's not much indication of jalepeno).

Got to play a ton of Monster Hunter 3U with a good live streamer I know of, was up till 2am but it was a blast.  One of the few times these days I enjoy playing video games.

Also, just found someone selling what could be the key to me returning to glorious NVA kit, I miss wearing it out to the field and muttering in my horrible German at other players.

Archived